• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official G80 Club Thread ***

Associate
OP
Eh guys a question. Under 3D settings in the control panel, what are the settings you guys put to achieve maximum performance in game?

Soldato
Lolcb said:
Yea I did put on high quality, but I am not sure about the Negative LOD and the gamma correct thingy?
I prefer Clamp LOD (I find sometimes edges "crawl" with it set to allow and AA) and turn off the gamma correct, it messes with the AA function.

Read (down the page a bit) this for AA details.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/video/g80-3.html

Indeed, disabled gamma correction in GF7800 and GF8800 put everything into places — 8xQ and 16xQ modes got the title of top quality modes back, not only in GF8800, but also among all modern video cards. But what caused such a quality degradation with enabled GC? We'd like to believe that it's just a bug in ForceWare 97.02, which will be fixed in the nearest future. As for now, GF8800 users should keep in mind that enabled gamma correction does not always lead to better AA quality.

Last edited:
Associate
I got 9899 3dmarks06 score running at @ 1280x1024

SM2.0 Score: 4646
HDR/SM3.0 Score: 4799
CPU: Score 2067

everythings running on stock, havent even increased my memory voltage yet.

Is this a good or bad score for the system?

E6600
EVGA 680i
2x 1gig Crucial Dominator C5
BFG 880 GTX
Enermax Galaxy 850W

Thanks.

Associate
OP
.:dhry:. SiroVa said:
I got 9899 3dmarks06 score running at @ 1280x1024

SM2.0 Score: 4646
HDR/SM3.0 Score: 4799
CPU: Score 2067

everythings running on stock, havent even increased my memory voltage yet.

Is this a good or bad score for the system?

E6600
EVGA 680i
2x 1gig Crucial Dominator C5
BFG 880 GTX
Enermax Galaxy 850W

Thanks.

Overclock that CPU and your score will improve quite a bit.

Associate
:o

Im dying to be a member!

Just need to convince my parents that taking out a new mortgage on the house for 2 GTX's is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. ;)

On the other hand, the "8800GTX Trust Fund" is looking promising.

Cya when I have them; if I havent soiled myself with excitement on their arrival, so destroying them.

Last edited:
Associate
Lolcb said:
Eh guys a question. Under 3D settings in the control panel, what are the settings you guys put to achieve maximum performance in game?

8800 GTX turn the quality up for games performance only for benchies.

Try the following

Vsync = on (personally I can't stand pixel tearing I have to turn this on some ppl don't see it though)
Triple Buffer = on (turn this on if using Vsync = on)
Gamma correct AA = on
Transparency AA = Super if you can Multi if not
AA use 8x, 16x or 16Q to get the CSAA remember to change it to enhance the game AA and enable the AA in game.
LOD Bias = clamp
Texture Filtering = High Quality
AF = 16

Hope this helps :)

Associate
caeteez said:
Im dying to be a member!

Just need to convince my parents that taking out a new mortgage on the house for 2 GTX's is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. ;)

On the other hand, the "8800GTX Trust Fund" is looking promising.

Cya when I have them; if I havent ****** myself with excitement on their arrival, so destroying them.

You might want to edit that sweary before a don picks it up :)

Associate
Ill upload the pic of my card tonight.

Ran 3DMark06 Last night with my new rig (8800GTS) and got 8400 points.

How much increase will I get say if I OC the CPU to around 3Ghz?

Associate
OP
m3lv1n said:
8800 GTX turn the quality up for games performance only for benchies.

Try the following

Vsync = on (personally I can't stand pixel tearing I have to turn this on some ppl don't see it though)
Triple Buffer = on (turn this on if using Vsync = on)
Gamma correct AA = on
Transparency AA = Super if you can Multi if not
AA use 8x, 16x or 16Q to get the CSAA remember to change it to enhance the game AA and enable the AA in game.
LOD Bias = clamp
Texture Filtering = High Quality
AF = 16

Hope this helps :)

That is a very sick option setup lol. Eh for SLi, do you use Alternate Frame Rendering 1 or 2?

Associate
The only game that really kicks the crap out of my system is FarCry with the AMD 64bit add on increases the draw distance and detail. That is with 16AA and transparenct super sampling enabled. Even then it's still > 30FPS

Haven't got SLI running properly yet.

These are the settings I use with a single card.

Off sick cause my appendix burst a couple of weeks ago got a 2nd 8800 GTX yesterday but left my SLI bridge in London, round my brothers this week so I can't try it out.

Well tried it without the bridge bad idea lost a lot of performance so one card is just idle at the mo. Quite why XFX decided to change the PCB colour is beyond me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom