• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official G80 Club Thread ***

Soldato
Not had a single issue with SLI personally, there's so few games these days that aren't profiled, if they aren't (Vegas for example) you can just cheat it anyway by renaming the exe file to a known profile. That's the only game I've had to spend any time on at all setting up and I've been using SLI since it was first released on the Voodoo 2 :)

Believe me its a lot more than 20% fps gain, SLI gives me ~ 70% extra performance over one card at 2560x1600, basically its a necessity for those looking to game at that resolution.

Associate
8800 GTX poor 3DMark06 Score - CPU related?

I've got a new GTX and although when gaming my fps are great on full AA, my 3DMark06 score was around 7107, and now it's gone down to 6850. Is this down to my Smithfield? or are most scores on here tweaked to the max. I'd like to know an approximate stock score for my setup.

Associate
This is my first 3d mark score after building my rig.
3d.jpg

Soldato
JonD said:
Ill upload the pic of my card tonight.

Ran 3DMark06 Last night with my new rig (8800GTS) and got 8400 points.

How much increase will I get say if I OC the CPU to around 3Ghz?

I have a gts when i bench/game its set at 650/1000 6300@ 3 gig and this gave me the score of 10580.

Since testing with the oc card ive noticed using those speeds gives me a extra fps boost of around 10 in game so tbh i don't think its worth oc the card anymore.

In regards to Had3s i think your cpu is your trouble, a core2 would do the job imo for you.

Last edited:
Associate
easyrider said:
why are you using a smithfield?

Oh, i had an intermediate system when upgrading from my old one. The Smithfield is the last remaining part. I'm looking at a Conroe, but might wait until April when they come way down in price.
Might be a range of quads out then too, or at least a more overclockable one.

Plus I spunked all my cash for this month anyway.

Soldato
I'm not touching those drivers just yet. When I used the 97.44 drivers I got BSODS (like a lot of other people). I'll wait for some news, a guy over at nvnews has already had some BSODS using them.

Back
Top Bottom