***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

fez

fez

Caporegime
£500 at launch would be my bet. Is google targeting the average consumer with its "developer" handsets these days. When I got the nexus one it was a right bugger to get hold of. Seemed to be largely ignored in favour of the desire.

Soldato
There seems to be more articles appearing highlighting the pentile display issue, galaxy s has same type and for me does look poor, I can't convince myself that the display on the nexus will be so much better that I won't be able to notice the pentile-ness, we need a proper review focusing on this IMHO.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I wonder if the new android font is designed to combat the issues pentile technology has with displaying small text.

Why would it? The screen has 320ppi so there's no need for such a thing.

The font is because the new OS is...well new. The font changed has also been talked about during the show on Wednesday.

Associate
Its the battery life that concerns me:

"Then there's the battery life. Typically, when you review a phone, the battery life is about as good as it's going to get, because it's new. If that's the case with the Galaxy Nexus then purchasers will want to keep a microUSB cable close, because the big screen, and connectivity options sip a lot of juice. You'll get a full day's use out of it, just about, but woe betide you if you need to make a long phone call that day and you didn't bring your charger with you."

http://www.wired.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phones/2011-10/samsung-galaxy-nexus-mobile-phone-review

Soldato
I'm already one of those peeps keeping a micro USB cable close so not too fussed on battery life. My storage usage is now standing at a whopping 130mb on my SII right now so I'm not fussed on that either!

Associate
I took the Wired review with a pinch of salt....it's been talked about here before as well as it seemed a bit odd.

Agree. I really want to see a full on proper review, looking forward to you getting yours done! :) Something I can trust as opposed to some of these sites that seem to have an agenda. As it stands the website I am involved in sadly does not do Phones, so I have no chance of getting a review unit early! PC hardware yes, Android no!:(

fez

fez

Caporegime
Why would it? The screen has 320ppi so there's no need for such a thing.

The font is because the new OS is...well new. The font changed has also been talked about during the show on Wednesday.

I know, but even with 320ppi, a pentile screen will not display small text as well as a non pentile. For pretty much everything else it won't matter but for small text it does make a difference.

Soldato
Its the battery life that concerns me:

"Then there's the battery life. Typically, when you review a phone, the battery life is about as good as it's going to get, because it's new.

What?!?! Really? Is this a professional that has written this? It is well known (I thought) that it takes around 3 weeks before you see the true battery life (sometimes twice as long life) of a phone battery.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I HAVE ONE!!!!!

Not really! :p

I'm trying to read through this thread on my Bold 9900 as I still have no internet so I'm feeling left out... :(

Nexus18 and his OTT walls of text are not making my job any easier!

Back
Top Bottom