***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Man of Honour
Because I've used up all of my mobile data allowance on tethering so I've stolen the good lady's 9900 for a browse. Its actually quite nice to post with as the keyboard doesn't have to keep popping up etc! :p

Soldato
T-Mobile still lets me browse when I'm over the limit. The only thing limited is streaming.
That's probably the only advantage of them, 3G/H is never above 1.8Mbit ..

Cool story eh? ;)

Soldato
Been playing around with ICS using the android sdk, very disappointed that the browser isn't full screen, you still have the status bar visible at all times.

I want to test videos use the full screen but I can't get the 3 soft keys to appear, has anyone been able to get the softkeys to appear using the sdk?

Soldato
good to hear that CPW will have them as well...they had DHD as first when they came out :)
I do hope it will happen again with Nexus as I'm out of contract now...

Associate
So Clove are saying that the 32GB version will not be getting a UK release? Well that's me out then :(

I was pretty sure that I'd still be getting one despite the GPU concerns, but only 16GB with no sdcard slot is probably a deal breaker for me.

Associate
What do you guys put on your phone that takes that much space?

I haven't considered my phone 'just a phone' for years, it's also a media device. As such I want my music, apps, pictures, videos, games etc on there. Plus I use it as a tool for studying and countless other tasks.

I'm currently using all 32GB of my 3GS and it's already annoying having to delete stuff every time I want to put something new on there.

The EPWING dictionaries I rely on with EBPocket alone take up 1.5GB. I have around 2GB worth of Anki decks including the media for them.

Then there's the increasing number of mobile games coming out at over 1GB in size. Which is admittedly not such a problem with Android due to the much poorer selection, but I'd like to hope that will be changing.

On top of music, videos and pictures it can add up very fast.

Last edited:
Caporegime
as i said before with no SD card slot and only 16gb that will surely put a lot off, it really isnt a clever idea. what on earth could be the rationale for not sending the 32GB model over, but more over why oh why would you not put a micro sd card slot in? I can deal with 32 GB but not 16!

for me its music that would take up nearly half that, i cant stream anything where i live.

Soldato
i agree, i'm a little disappointed i cant add storage, and rumour is the 32gb might not even come to the uk :(

i dont get samsung, they did the same with the 10.1 tab... but not the GS2... strange

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't think storage will be a major issue. While it would be nice to have sd card slot, these phones support USB OTG so you COULD plug in a 1TB USB HDD for those times when you want to watch a movie or something on the train/bus journey etc?

I think the main reason for the storage omission is that Google is very soon fully launching their cloud services for music and videos, the videos side has already launched on the Market and Google Music is soon due. If you could store media on your Cloud space that would be excellent.

Back
Top Bottom