***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Associate
Thanks for the links.

I have a couple of questions, probably been asked bu this thread is so long, I find it hard to read through all of them, so please excuse me.

First time I have to recharge the batter after using it for 2 days. Normal use and in between I shut it down at night. I want to know how many hours should I charge the battery? Do I charge it for 2 or 3 hours after full?

How do I check out outstanding apps which ar not closed? Is there an app which I can use to kill opened apps?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
First time I have to recharge the batter after using it for 2 days. Normal use and in between I shut it down at night. I want to know how many hours should I charge the battery? Do I charge it for 2 or 3 hours after full?

Charge it until it is full, just like any other phone :) I charge mine over night and just unplug it when I get up.

How do I check out outstanding apps which ar not closed? Is there an app which I can use to kill opened apps?

Thanks in advance!

You can see running apps in Settings > Apps > Running, but there is no need to kill open apps as Android is designed to manage memory very efficiently. Using a task killer can actually make performance and battery life worse.

Associate
Charge it until it is full, just like any other phone :) I charge mine over night and just unplug it when I get up.

You can see running apps in Settings > Apps > Running, but there is no need to kill open apps as Android is designed to manage memory very efficiently. Using a task killer can actually make performance and battery life worse.

THANKS!

Will there be orphaned apps which consumes battery and also slows down the system?

Man of Honour
OP
Soldato

Thanks mate!

Had a look but rather than a pouch I've went for a Samsung Nexus Mesh Vent Case, it should arrive tomorrow so looking forward to seeing how it works out!

The phone arrived today, really is stunning compared to my Mozart and my first Non-Windows Phone in 4 years.

Still cant believe I got it on the 12 month deal I posted...total steal :D

Associate
Folks, what is your experience with the battery?

I power it up at 12:00pm noon today. It's now 14 hours past, and battery meters say 49% discharging. What I have done with this toy today are using the browser, watched a youtube clip from within fb, listen to the same song twice, took 6 photos and all the internet activities were on Wi-Fi only a few minutes was used on the broadband line.

So I suppose by the same time tomorrow, it should be depleted...what you reckon?

Soldato
I wasn't sure if this question was best asked in this thread or the Samsung Galaxy S II one, so I apologies if it's not an appropriate question for this particular thread.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S II which is running CyanogenMod 9. Would it be correct to say that the Samsung Galaxy S II running CyanogenMod 9 is the closest I am going to experience Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as Google intended it to be without actually buying a Galaxy Nexus? I have tried the Galaxy Nexus and as far as I could see, it seemed fairly similar to the Samsung Galaxy S II running CyanogenMod 9. Though, I didn't try it for an awful long time so I am wondering those who may have both devices could comment on their experience.

If the Samsung Galaxy S II running CyanogenMod 9 is fairly similar to the experience you get using a Galaxy Nexus, I am tempted to purchase the iPhone 4 S and see how Apple's iOS 5 compares to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I can then start venturing into the world of Windows Phone and see how it compares to the other two.

Thank you.

Man of Honour
I wasn't sure if this question was best asked in this thread or the Samsung Galaxy S II one, so I apologies if it's not an appropriate question for this particular thread.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S II which is running CyanogenMod 9. Would it be correct to say that the Samsung Galaxy S II running CyanogenMod 9 is the closest I am going to experience Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as Google intended it to be without actually buying a Galaxy Nexus? I have tried the Galaxy Nexus and as far as I could see, it seemed fairly similar to the Samsung Galaxy S II running CyanogenMod 9. Though, I didn't try it for an awful long time so I am wondering those who may have both devices could comment on their experience.

If the Samsung Galaxy S II running CyanogenMod 9 is fairly similar to the experience you get using a Galaxy Nexus, I am tempted to purchase the iPhone 4 S and see how Apple's iOS 5 compares to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I can then start venturing into the world of Windows Phone and see how it compares to the other two.

Thank you.

CM9 will be similar enough, yes.

Soldato
Folks, what is your experience with the battery?

I power it up at 12:00pm noon today. It's now 14 hours past, and battery meters say 49% discharging. ...

So I suppose by the same time tomorrow, it should be depleted...what you reckon?

I'm not sure if you're asking a) is this normal/good b) is 49% half way?

I think the answer to both would be yes. Don't forget though, you will use lots less battery while you're asleep!

Soldato
I'm getting more and more annoyed with mine Nexus...
as mentioned earlier, it was going to 'sleep' with wireless or 3g on(or both)
When woke up from standby, both wireless and/or network signal stay grey and I'm not getting any emails or phone calls...
Going to do factory reset any minute ...
if it keeps on doing it, will report it as faulty ...

Soldato
^^

thats odd, my wifi sometimes goes grey, but all msg's and emails get through fine. you checked power options (if there are any)

dont think there are ;)

before reset, Ive clicked refresh in Gmail app to check emails (while signals grey) and nothing....and there was a new email in my inbox...

on few occasions, no emails or txts until I woke it up from standby and /or switched wifi on off ..

Back
Top Bottom