***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
I have just pre ordered this phone, sim free.

I am very reluctant to give up my current T-Mobile contract which includes unlimited internet, and tethering. I've had it for 18 months now (plus 2months rolling) and have used over 3gb at times without so much as a text from T-mobile. I am just off the phone where I renewed this contact and the kind telephone assistant assured me that the unlimited internet will remain. (I reduced my minutes...). Heck, I got a free HTC Wildfire which I'm just trading into one of the phone recycling sites.

..I'll probably be on this contact for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^

16 or 32gig,

i will properly go for the 16gb and scale back on my media, i'm not pre ordering until we have a ball park price and date. i really doubt pre ordered will sell out to the point that you miss out come release day.

Soldato
I am very reluctant to give up my current T-Mobile contract which includes unlimited internet, and tethering. I've had it for 18 months now (plus 2months rolling) and have used over 3gb at times without so much as a text from T-mobile.

Kind of off topic, but you do know how slow/poor T-Mobile are compared to others? I wouldn't go near the deal you have. People on 3 go over 40gig a month with no issues, and they have a decent speed to make use of their unlimited data. Just thought I would point it out... back on topic :)

Man of Honour
I bet the Italians get the Mafia to steal the phones for them so they can always review them early! :mad:

One handed operation is going to be a problem with this phone if you have fairly small hands (perhaps not even abnormally small!).

Soldato
Top class packaging there, a white cardboard box, lol
Phone looks good though, tempted to replace my 18 month old iPhone 4 with one for a change.
Will have a play with one in a store before making a final decision though.

Man of Honour

is it as smooth and fast as they say? and how long is the battery life?

legend618 18 hours ago
@legend618 Yes very fast, with no lag in switching between applications. The battery is better than the Galaxy S2, you can complete one full working day without a problem...

cellularemagazineit 11 hours ago
@cellularemagazineit

I am still really skeptical about the battery life. No mention was made of it on the specs at all. The battery seems like it is way too weak to power that enormous screen and 4G radio for 12 full hours.

moofassa22 5 hours ago
@moofassa22 It can withstand 12 hours and more... in the link provided there is a screenshot of our review unit that last more than 11 hours and had more than 25% left. Take a look at it droid.cellularemagazine.it/fil*es/2011/10/Batteria.jpg

cellularemagazineit 5 hours ago

Interesting, looks like ICS has improved battery life.

Can't be long till we get some thorough reviews.

Soldato
^^

16 or 32gig,

i will properly go for the 16gb and scale back on my media, i'm not pre ordering until we have a ball park price and date. i really doubt pre ordered will sell out to the point that you miss out come release day.

I pushed my luck and went for the 32gb. I definitely don't need it and 16gb would be more than enough but... I just wanted the top dog :)

Soldato
Kind of off topic, but you do know how slow/poor T-Mobile are compared to others? I wouldn't go near the deal you have. People on 3 go over 40gig a month with no issues, and they have a decent speed to make use of their unlimited data. Just thought I would point it out... back on topic :)

Thanks for pointing that out mate. I wasn't aware that 3 offered that kind of deal!!!!

I have to admit that the speed of data has always been ok for me. I've never really had any issues. I regularly receive speeds of about 2mb on 3g. Now compared to others, I don't know if this is good or bad, but it's ok for me. Plus, it's a £12 a month contract and T-Mobile have always been very nice and helpful whenever I've had an issue :)

Back
Top Bottom