***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

You are indeed correct. This isn't a new data package however. It's a renewed contract, therefore I'm getting exactly what I got before.

I stressed this point to the woman on the phone, and I explained that I use roughly 2-3gb a month. She assured me that since it's a renewed contract, I get what I originally signed for.

Yeah i am on the same thing, well web 300 or whatever. I have 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Called them to sort that when i first got the contract, was because a booster was on the internet with limited texts, but u call and point out have an android set and they give u web+ which was unlimited and moved the booster to my texts.

I was thinking of moving to 3 after this contract is over tho as apparently their internet is faster?

Getting bored of waiting for this now.

Why is it taking so long? The iPhone 4S was out within a week or so of the announcement.
But didn't they announce it'll be out a week after the announcement? :p

Samsung/Google announced the Nexus would be out on the 17th of November. I'm finding it strange that the Galaxy Note is supposed to be out tomorrow and there's even less network info on it than the Nexus.

It's very tempting but I think I'll stick with IOS.

What are the apps like on Android? I won't be interested in rooting or anything like that.

For example I use the National Rail app a fair bit...looking around the web the Android equivalent looks woeful.

(I had an N1 at launch and didn't think much of it)

I've used the Desire HD and Galaxy S2 and the S2 seemed OK but didn't try any apps.

Last edited:
The apps are improving on Android but they aren't at the iOS standard yet. They are absolutely miles behind when it comes to games, embarrassingly so.

However, things are improving at a steady rate. I've been using my Galaxy S II the last few days and the app store is noticeably improved. There are even a few apps that are as good as their iOS counterparts.

Some apps require root access, chainfire 3d being one of them which will allow me to play tegra games on this device.

But there are plenty others, root explorer being another i use.

Yup, only reason root would be required on this is for complete backup and restores via Titanium and Nandroid.

surely most of the apps that are cross platform like iplayer/ebay/tv guide are exactly the same?

most of big apps are covered on android and some big ones are coming like sky-go.

It's very tempting but I think I'll stick with IOS.

IOS doesn't make a very good phone OS. :(

ver5vol1iproutingtask31.jpg

iOS is a good alternative though.

To answer your question, Android users tend to use their web browser than apps to replace websites. The web is a lot better on these slgihtly larger screens. iOS apps tend to be slightly more polished if the exact app is not available on android.

Back
Top Bottom