***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Permabanned
Call them liars! Burn them!

:D

They want me to email them proof of my claims (so photo or scan of the letter) and they're going to investigate it. I'm gonna go for a complete cancellation of the contract and try to get some form of cash refund out of them since I've had to buy a £5 a month add on to stop me going over my now 500MB allowance, as well as the fact that I've been paying a certain amount for "unlimited" internet, which I haven't had for about 8 months.

Caporegime
I'm up to 450mb this month. (that's using edge) and that's 30 days, im on the t mobile 3gb per month deal I got with my desire 18 months ago, I can't drop to 500mb but i would go to 1gb, if I get a new phone I will have a longer contract, less mbs and more money per month

Makes me think how badly do I want this new phone? My desire was bought on pre release and my contract was very very good.

Soldato
I could definately use 1GB minimum when I upgrade. Also currently on the 3GB deal with T Mobile and have used over 500MB every single month since it started 18 months ago. Sat on 900BM usage this month so far and it resets tomorrow.

Soldato
voda upped mine to 1gb as i complained about being misold my contract, went from 300mins to 600 and 500mb to 1gb, as the guy on the phone told me i went no where near that, i complained when i went over both two months in a row, got refunded my £35 and had them both upped for free :D not bad for £15 a month :)

funny on my HTC desire i really did not go near 500mb, but my SGS2 i go around 600mb every month, my habits have not changed so a little odd,

Soldato
:D

They want me to email them proof of my claims (so photo or scan of the letter) and they're going to investigate it. I'm gonna go for a complete cancellation of the contract and try to get some form of cash refund out of them since I've had to buy a £5 a month add on to stop me going over my now 500MB allowance, as well as the fact that I've been paying a certain amount for "unlimited" internet, which I haven't had for about 8 months.

Good luck man, t-mobile staff are as stupid as a peice of wood. When I complained about my internet speeds while I was capped I was told that its was my area that was the cause and at the same time I was told over the phone several times that I should be getting excellent signal and therefore great speeds.

After awhile I went in store and after talking to someone on the phone again it was my sim card that was "broken" so I got a new sim. The problem still continued so the lady over the phone suggested that she would remove my internet and add it on again, only weeks later I find out that she put on international calling :( and my net bill had reached £1000. After a few phone calls I finally got it sorted however I couldn't use my sim for a whole week :(.

Then when I finally got my sim and contract fixed for some reason someone had added 3 internet boosters and none of them were free so I was charger £15 more for 2 months. At this point I went crazy and demand I get my contract cancelled and some form of payment for all the problems they had caused me.

At this point I finally talked to someone with some sort of brain, she fixed all my problems. I was original paying £5 for my unlimited text that was meant to be free and then getting £5 discount. To my amaze she had changed my text to free aswell. She also refunded me £100 and cut my contract down by 6 months so I had finally had something good after months of **** ups.

But all in all I hate T-mobile, there staff is nice and I usually got through to an english person but there just so stupid that there hopeless.

Permabanned
Good luck man, t-mobile staff are as stupid as a peice of wood. When I complained about my internet speeds while I was capped I was told that its was my area that was the cause and at the same time I was told over the phone several times that I should be getting excellent signal and therefore great speeds.

After awhile I went in store and after talking to someone on the phone again it was my sim card that was "broken" so I got a new sim. The problem still continued so the lady over the phone suggested that she would remove my internet and add it on again, only weeks later I find out that she put on international calling :( and my net bill had reached £1000. After a few phone calls I finally got it sorted however I couldn't use my sim for a whole week :(.

Then when I finally got my sim and contract fixed for some reason someone had added 3 internet boosters and none of them were free so I was charger £15 more for 2 months. At this point I went crazy and demand I get my contract cancelled and some form of payment for all the problems they had caused me.

At this point I finally talked to someone with some sort of brain, she fixed all my problems. I was original paying £5 for my unlimited text that was meant to be free and then getting £5 discount. To my amaze she had changed my text to free aswell. She also refunded me £100 and cut my contract down by 6 months so I had finally had something good after months of **** ups.

But all in all I hate T-mobile, there staff is nice and I usually got through to an english person but there just so stupid that there hopeless.

Sounds like a nightmmare, don't really see the significance of being put through to an English person. I've been through most of that myself outside being charged like £1000 for their mistake, but it has been incredibly frustrating. They've messed me about loads of times now.

Soldato
Sounds like a nightmmare, don't really see the significance of being put through to an English person. I've been through most of that myself outside being charged like £1000 for their mistake, but it has been incredibly frustrating. They've messed me about loads of times now.

Just that I generally expected more from an English person, like even understanding simple things seemed so difficult for them. One time I had to explain to a lady for 30mins what a group/conference call was to find out afterwards that it wasnt supported.

I just cant wait to leave them and go with giffgaff/tesco and not worry much anymore. Just waiting for the phone to drop to around the £400 price mark.

Permabanned
Just that I generally expected more from an English person, like even understanding simple things seemed so difficult for them. One time I had to explain to a lady for 30mins what a group/conference call was to find out afterwards that it wasnt supported.

I just cant wait to leave them and go with giffgaff/tesco and not worry much anymore. Just waiting for the phone to drop to around the £400 price mark.

Stupid people are stupid, doesn't matter where they're from really. I've had to deal with plenty of frustrating English people over the years. The only time a "non-English" person is a problem is if you literally can't understand what they're saying, and the same for them, but to be honest I struggle to understand a thick Scottish accent more than say a thick Indian or Eastern European one personally.

To be honest though, the problem lies with the companies if they're employing people to serve their customers, but don't know anything about the products or services on offer.

Soldato
Stupid people are stupid, doesn't matter where they're from really. I've had to deal with plenty of frustrating English people over the years. The only time a "non-English" person is a problem is if you literally can't understand what they're saying, and the same for them, but to be honest I struggle to understand a thick Scottish accent more than say a thick Indian or Eastern European one personally.

To be honest though, the problem lies with the companies if they're employing people to serve their customers, but don't know anything about the products or services on offer.

Yeah true, its funny the same time I was trying to get my group call sorted out my friend called up Vodaphone and it took him 20seconds to get it done and it was just like :(. But yeah I get to leave on the 4th of november and Ill be getting a sim free deal from Tesco and then just waiting to buy my GN :D.

Soldato
I was on a 18 month contract with T-Mobile, 300 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (3gb fair usage).

I've since renewed my contract (this week) to 100 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet - which does indeed include tethering, all for £12 a month (including VAT). I got a free Wildfire S, which I've sold already.

This is an excellent contract for me. I had to repeat myself over and over again that I need that unlimited internet. Thankfully since that was the offer I signed up for originally, I can renew it for as long as I like.

For a phone like the Galaxy Nexus, I know for a fact that you'll need at least 1gb of space. Without actually using my phone for any real internet related tasks, I've already used 150mb since the 27th.

For all it's worth, I've had no problems with T-mobile throughout roughly 20 months of service.

Associate
I was on a 18 month contract with T-Mobile, 300 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (3gb fair usage).

I've since renewed my contract (this week) to 100 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet - which does indeed include tethering, all for £12 a month (including VAT). I got a free Wildfire S, which I've sold already.

This is an excellent contract for me. I had to repeat myself over and over again that I need that unlimited internet. Thankfully since that was the offer I signed up for originally, I can renew it for as long as I like.

For a phone like the Galaxy Nexus, I know for a fact that you'll need at least 1gb of space. Without actually using my phone for any real internet related tasks, I've already used 150mb since the 27th.

For all it's worth, I've had no problems with T-mobile throughout roughly 20 months of service.

I would check again how many Mb's your new "unlimited" data package really is. I was in a similar boat a couple of weeks ago and they said all new data plans were 500Mb.
You can surf and email as much as you like but the 500Mb is for Streaming and Uploading and DL's files.
If you use Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Syncing photos and videos to G+, Dropbox or Tether with a high end phone like this will be icreadibly easy to blow through 500Mb. I did over 1Gb on my Nexus1 in under 22 days!

Last edited:
Soldato
I would check again how many Mb's your new "unlimited" data package really is. I was in a similar boat a couple of weeks ago and they said all new data plans were 500Mb.
You can surf and email as much as you like but the 500Mb is for Streaming and Uploading and DL's files.
If you use Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Syncing photos and videos to G+, Dropbox or Tether with a high end phone like this will be icreadibly easy to blow through 500Mb. I did over 1Gb on my Nexus1 in under 22 days!

Days where I change roms i get through around 300mb so 500mb will go fast.

Soldato

You are indeed correct. This isn't a new data package however. It's a renewed contract, therefore I'm getting exactly what I got before.

I stressed this point to the woman on the phone, and I explained that I use roughly 2-3gb a month. She assured me that since it's a renewed contract, I get what I originally signed for.

Back
Top Bottom