***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Man of Honour
Lets face it, you hardly need a top end gpu for a few rounds of angry birds anyway. I just dont play high end 3d games on my mobile phone. The gpu will be fine.

This is the thing. It would be great if it was cutting-edge, but it shouldn't be enough to put you off.

im selling my GS2 for the the nexus...

ice cream sandwich and timely updates is my main reason. SG2 is not due ics until q2 next year!

Not the screen?! Dude.

:p

Associate
i too am going to have to have a look at the nexus before i buy it as im not sure if it will be to big for me. I am still using the original samsung omnia think thats a 3.5" screen.

Cost is another thing i will have to look at not looking to spend more than 30 a month and want the phone for free :D

Soldato
i too am going to have to have a look at the nexus before i buy it as im not sure if it will be to big for me. I am still using the original samsung omnia think thats a 3.5" screen.

Cost is another thing i will have to look at not looking to spend more than 30 a month and want the phone for free :D

I've seen a hands on where they compared it to the 4s and it really didn't look that huge. Cost wise there is no way you will get it for £30 a month and the handset free. I think £32 and £109 is about what i've seen mentioned.

Soldato
Soldato
The thing is, T-Mobile on 3rd party sites has a capped data rate doesn't it?

Kind of a waste of the HSPA+ 21Mbps the phone has.

I'm hoping for a £35 a month contract on the One Plan on Three (cost £25 a month by itself). Their 21Mbps coverage is very good and you get truly unlimited internet including tethering.

Soldato
Shame Three supposedly have shocking customer service and unless you live in london their coverage is very poor indeed! Oh and their adverts suck too, lol

Customer service is better than orange and t-mobile from my experience. The good thing abut their customer service is that their first level CS agents actually have the ability to make ad-hoc corrections to bills and tariffs without having to pass you off. Their retention offers are very good as well.

I live in a very good coverage area, so meh :p

Associate
The thing is, T-Mobile on 3rd party sites has a capped data rate doesn't it?

Kind of a waste of the HSPA+ 21Mbps the phone has.

I'm hoping for a £35 a month contract on the One Plan on Three (cost £25 a month by itself). Their 21Mbps coverage is very good and you get truly unlimited internet including tethering.

That's what I thought. Kind of puts me off getting it on T-Mobile from a 3rd party supplier, and will T-Mobile (direct) have a similar deal??

Permabanned
I've found Three's coverage to be great in general, however I think their customer service is rubbish. I've been with them for over 4 years continuously, and it seems they're told to lie about things quite regularly, as I've caught them out a number of times saying things that aren't true, and when caught out they don't know what to say.

Insisting to speak to a manager can be helpful in such situations though, however I'm sure most networks have the same type of problem, I've heard similar encounters from friends about O2 and T-Mobile. I'm leaving Three for Vodafone anyway as I've got a 50% discount on line rental available. :p

Man of Honour
O2 have pretty good customer service as well. O2 and Vodafone are the best in my experience.

Same here.

There is no such thing as a 'best network' though really. I guarantee you will find a pretty much equal amount of people who hate all the different networks.

All of them are generally good, the most important thing is making sure that you have good coverage in certain areas, not by coverage maps, but by actually testing it properly with a SIM card, etc.

Associate
You have unlimited access to 500MB of web access (including emails, youtube etc)

I spoke to a T-Mobile customer service guy a couple of weeks ago and wanted to drop down my tariff but keep my "unlimited" Web'n'Walk deal. At the time (24months ago) it was a 3Gb allowance I believe and he tried to offer me a 500Mb deal and for for an extra £5 I'd get unlimited to 1Gb?! Unlimited to 1Gb??

As I've said before, with hi resolution cameras and the ease of sharing photos and videos from the phone it will become increasingly easy to blow through 500Mb of data in under 30 days.

Associate
o2 customer service is OK. I have been with them for years. I would love to move to 3 however to make the most of their 3G unlimited offer, because I use about 2gb of internet a month. However 3 suck in Northern Ireland, and they seem to only offer 24 month contracts. I will never ever sign something for that long. 18 max, and with o2 upgrades I get a 12 month contract, which is exactly what I need.

Permabanned
Honestly, it's well over due that they address the problems with companies saying "IT'S UNLIMITED, BUT NOT REALLY UNLIMITED *trollface*".

I can't believe between "unlimited" and "upto" ofcom looked at "up to". Unlimited internet that's not unlimited is completely false advertising and needs to be made illegal.

Man of Honour
Honestly, it's well over due that they address the problems with companies saying "IT'S UNLIMITED, BUT NOT REALLY UNLIMITED *trollface*".

I can't believe between "unlimited" and "upto" ofcom looked at "up to". Unlimited internet that's not unlimited is completely false advertising and needs to be made illegal.

They did this a little while ago actually.

The unlimited being referred to in the T-Mobile post is unlimited wifi browsing (well, duh? :confused: :p).

Permabanned
They did this a little while ago actually.

The unlimited being referred to in the T-Mobile post is unlimited wifi browsing (well, duh? :confused: :p).

Oh I know, I'm just raging about it a bit because I've been having troubles with Three over it, like my thread about it. I'm on the phone to them now and they're explicitly stating "your account never had unlimited internet, ever, it was 500MB".

Back
Top Bottom