***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Hmm, crazy thought, but compared to the RAZR, the Sensation XE actually looks quite nice?

qHD screen (albeit S-LCD not AMOLED)
Better GPU than the Nexus/RAZR

I guess there's a reason nobody is talking about this?

Yes, no hardware acceleration, SLCD, less stylish design, less onboard storage space for apps & app data, ICS update unknown (expect a long delay while HTC try to figure out how to work around the bloat they put into Sense as they won't want people to uninstall them as ICS allows this).

Most likely anyway going by previous experiences.

HTC had a good run once.

Not to mention it's single core.

Watched one of the italian videos posted up?

Anyway from all the screens two stood out, the xperia arc and the nexus, the sgs2 had some strange tint to it, and the htc looked washed out.

Not to mention it's single core.

Watched one of the italian videos posted up?

Anyway from all the screens two stood out, the xperia arc and the nexus, the sgs2 had some strange tint to it, and the htc looked washed out.

Sensation XE has a dual core 1.5ghz CPU, its the Sensation XL that is single core.

Yup, when I use my phone at work during lunch I have a bowl of cereal in one hand and I'm sat on the couch with the phone on my knee scrolling, reading emails and websites and an LCD just isn't nice when the colours look all washed out from the non head on angle.

They could have used an IPS display like LG/Apple do at least, that would avoid the washed out colour issue.

The SGS II was used in that test so the pixel pitch difference would attribute to the worser results on the AMOLED, needs to be between a like for like PPI display surely?

Pure blacks can only be had via AMOLED displays though and that's what makes AMOLED screen phones unique, a screen that doesn't have a visible start and end on a black front is more futuristic than one that does to the majority of people!

Having seen the format of the razr software ui display I am now considering this phone to replace my desire or just keep the desire

But I need the 32gb one and 1gb data with contract price 30 or below! Time will tell

I really want this phone but 500 I feel is beyond my pain level :( , most sensible for me would be to get the S2, value now @ circa 280 from private sale...........then theres the joker in the pack, the utterly stunning (IMHO) Nokia N9, how annoying is it that Meego is doomed.........a superb looking phone but I cant quite quantify how important aesthetics are to me..................hmm Galaxy Nexus for 420 would be good.

Yeah i am on the same thing, well web 300 or whatever. I have 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Called them to sort that when i first got the contract, was because a booster was on the internet with limited texts, but u call and point out have an android set and they give u web+ which was unlimited and moved the booster to my texts.

I was thinking of moving to 3 after this contract is over tho as apparently their internet is faster?

I also hear that 3 has faster internet as well.

The reason I remained on the contract was.. it's £12, which is amazing and the free upgrade could be used (in conjunction with my current Desire) to subsidise the cost of the SGN. All in all - I'm going to pay roughly £516 (SGN say £500 + £216 for 18 month contract - £200 I get selling my current phones). I weighed up all potential scenarios and this works out the best and cheapest for me.

Back
Top Bottom