***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
I'm a little conflicted, the GPU and camera in the Galaxy Nexus are underwhelming and a hgh res but pentile screen... if only the SGS2 had a 960x540 display I'd get it now, I'm almost half tempted to get an HTC Sensation XE and wait out the next round of phones.

Soldato
I hope that means the full screen can be used as in honeycomb the same happens but they remain as small dots.

you can get an app for honeycomb that allows you to hide the bottom bar, although given the screens on most honeycomb devices are 16:10 rather than 16:9 it doesn't usually obscure stuff anyway.

Caporegime
Looks great to me!

The only disappointment is the extra storage although the internal storage is plenty but would be nice to not have to ever worry at all.

Honestly people why the hell do you need OMG MUST HAVE THE BEST HARDWARE POSSIBLE TO INCREASE MY EPEEN!

Seriously there is plenty of power there to keep the mobile going for the next 2 years.

Again I ask has anyone who has a nexus S or GS 1 seen their mobile lag or be real slow in a majority of things? I have yet to see them slow/lag down badly enough in order to qualify for a much better GPU.

As for the camera, do you honestly think that have a 8 MP instead of 5MP would make the image a lot better? There are more important things like the sensor that is used etc. (which as you can see is very good and the pics look great)

Hmm what did the iphone 4 have? 5MP! Look at the quality of the pics and videos taken by it.

And once again the main point about this mobile is PURE GOOGLE STOCK ANDROID MOBILE (no faffing about with flashing etc. to get the latest ROMs only to have a few niggles etc. and no custom skins/bloatware)

Anyway ICS is unbelievably good looking, most impressed with that and the screen just looks great. Nothing more important to me than having a very good screen since that is the main thing you look at, use :p

Simple solution you don't like the spec just because it isn't as good as the GS 2 (even though you probably won't see/notice any difference in real world usage, but will in your precious benchmarks.........) then wait for the new motorola or galaxy note and buy one of them, easy :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
/trolling
Where are the people who said it would "crap from a great height over the A5 CPU/GPU"
/trolling

:p

Seriously though, its a big screen (which is a - for me, maybe i have odd shaped hands or something but the 4"+ devices don't sit well in my hands), similar power to the SGS II, and worse battery life. Oh and a voice command gimmick (which ill call a gimmick, because pretty much everyone on here called the 4s's voice interface a gimmick, so you must feel this way right?).

Or, to quote my colleague - "why on earth would i upgrade my [his] SGS II for this?"

Which backs up a point a few have been saying - mobile hardware is about to plateau for a while.

And for many people including me it is a big + for the screen size ;)

Yup voice command is a gimmick (both android and siri) and has been on android mobiles a lot longer than what apple has.

And it is a pointless upgrade from a GS 2 etc. to nexus prime unless you really want a much better screen in terms of res and a stock google mobile (and for me and many other people those 2 reasons are good enough in order to buy the nexus over the GS 2 etc.)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They are, but some folks still have a bad vibe about anything pentile even though the new Nexus is great according to everyone who has seen one in person.

Soldato
Slightly disappointed with it but that said I'm tempted up upgrade as Nexus18 says for the increased screen res and a stock Android OS with updates straight from Google as soon as they are released.

Lack of expandable storage isn't great. I've almost filled the internal on my SGS2 with music so it all depends on the price of a sim free 32GB. Might even have a gander at the Note or just wait for the SGS3.

Caporegime
So, this is an SGS2 with a HD screen and fast updates.

Nice, but not really worth upgrading from any of the other top end phones. However, if you are on an older model and looking to upgrade soon, this looks like a good bet.

Caporegime
Some of us use that power :rolleyes:

Care to explain for what? and benchmarks don't count ;)

And don't mention 1080P recording etc. as you absolutely need dual for :) Maybe an odd game?

Well for my usage and most of the others, our main uses are email, text, phone, camera, games, watching a few films/videos, browsing, so please enlighten to me how having the GPU that the GS 2 has would make it soooooo much better than the one that the nexus uses?

In all honesty I am curious as to know why since it seems like a very big deal here for people not having a better GPU or at least the same.

Oh and don't forget the main reason some games etc. may lag is due to the poor coding, not the hardware, perfect example iphone 4 and their games :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I won't decide on which to keep until I have both in my hands and pit them side by side running ICS :p

Both have hardware acceleration and support for h264 playback so that's awesome, no mention of HDMI out on the Nexus though...I thought ICS had native support for it.

Edit*

I wonder if the GSII's MHL cable will work on it.....All the more reason that I need one as soon possible to test all these things out :p I've been told that the sourcing of the devices will start this week so review sites and suppliers will have units before launch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom