***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
The screen is nice but it's very much a sideways move rather than an upgrade.

Sideways move? WVGA is far worse than qHD never mind HD.

It was only the amoled technology which provided the advantage over other qHD displays.

This has 2.4x the pixels of a WVGA display.

It's like saying the move from a standard TV to a 720p TV is sideways.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thinking of buying this on 3.

I really wanted it for £35 pm, and however much cash up front, but they are only selling it on £40 pm with no initial charge. So the handset cost would be £360 in total on top of the £25 pm for the one plan.

So its £120 more than the S2, is that worth it?

I'm not bothered with the 2 year contract, if an Xperia mini pro has kept me going for 16 months, the latest phone should last me for 2 :)

Oh yea, the sim free price is £500-600, so thats a good deal.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
But yes, simulatorman and uvarvu, sample pictures please as this is the main thing people have been wondering about.

Close-up:

img20111117142604.jpg

Distance:

img20111117143005.jpg

Man of Honour
Yes, it is

Again, no it isn't.

The screen difference is going to be pretty huge, and that's one of the main draws of a phone for me. The Galaxy S II screen is good, but it's far from ideal.

It has NFC which may or may not be useful, but it's nice to have. It looks a lot better and the screen itself is larger, which is nice.

It dumps TouchWiz, which I, and many other people really don't like, and gives you ICS quite a while before any other device will have a proper working version.

Sure, internally it's a slight downgrade but the difference is going to negligible. Hopefully the same applies to the camera but we'll have to wait and see on that. Future updates are also going to be reliable with this device.

It's not a pointless upgrade if you can afford it. Is it a 'must have' upgrade? No.

Looking rather good there, promising!

Soldato
Thinking of buying this on 3.

I really wanted it for £35 pm, and however much cash up front, but they are only selling it on £40 pm with no initial charge. So the handset cost would be £360 in total on top of the £25 pm for the one plan.

So its £120 more than the S2, is that worth it?

I'm not bothered with the 2 year contract, if an Xperia mini pro has kept me going for 16 months, the latest phone should last me for 2 :)

Oh yea, the sim free price is £500-600, so thats a good deal.

Remember to get a further £110.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/3_mobile/

Will get that money inside 3 months.

Associate
wait till the GS2 gets it early next year then?:confused:

The joy of this phone is that it looks amazing, it is futuristic and sexy, it has the latest operating system now, rather than at an undisclosed point in the future and will continue to receive all the latest updates first. THAT IS WORTH PAYING FOR.

Just because you either can't get one or don't want one, you don't have to continue to berate people for talking about the fact they do want one.

Back
Top Bottom