***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Man of Honour
I'm going to wait before I start prodding Robbo in the face about this one. I think it was Robbo anyway that I told I thought this camera would be better than the SGSII and he didn't believe me. Well, actually I said 'top 5 on the market' I think?

No. You said "It could quite possibly be the best camera on a smartphone to date".

Which is not going to be the case I'm afraid. It isn't going to best the iPhone 4S by the look of things nevermind the N8. ;) :p

Here we go - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20417341&postcount=602

:D

Last edited:
Associate
I really worry about the competence of Phones4u.

I placed an upgrade order for a Nexus for tomorrow and this morning my O2 account still showed nothing about an upgrade.

So I upgraded using O2 - I just literally got a dispatch email.

I have no idea whats up with Phones4u... will I end up with 2 Galaxy Nexus tomorrow? or will Phones4u just do nothing at all? Clearly you can't upgrade twice on the same account unless I get my contract extended to 2014 ;)

Caporegime
I still don't know about it being better than the GS 2, will need to see more pics and videos first and preferably ones of the same that have also been taken by the GS 2, GSMarena usually have very good comparisons of the camera I find.

What I meant more was that people here as soon as they seen "5 MP" automatically assumed it was going to be much worse than the GS 2 etc. and just an average mobile for the camera, lol, even though it is using a better sensor than the GS 2, which is probably more important.

However I think the difference between the GN and GS 2 is going to be very small (will find it very hard I think to see really any major differences) and so not really worth worrying about when it comes to deciding about that feature and as you said in your video there the instant shooting, panorama etc. is well worth sacrificing the higher MP camera if that was indeed the case etc.

Associate
Just seen this deal on mobiles.co.uk for TMobile

300 mins Any Network Anytime
+ 300 Texts
+ Unlimited data

£25.53 over 18months + £139.99 for the handest (TCO £599)

I'm sure there's cashback via Quidco too.

My question is whether TMobile still limit data speeds if contract is purchased via a 3rd party, and whether it is easy to have hte cap lifted??

Soldato
God that Data usage screen looks so good :p

:(

BIG OL' WARNING TIME. It's right when it says the networks think a different amount has been shoved your way, I think in the end it's about upto 10% out. Please use the data in the network apps/websites as the final word, this is what they will bill you by :)

Associate
Walked into a O2 store in Enniskillen today and asked about the G nexus, they had never heard of it.....I had already called O2 who confirmed it was released. She said if that was true it would be out in the next day or two in the store....I then asked about the Razr to be smug, she assumed I meant the old ones from back when she was in school....sigh.

Soldato
Walked into a O2 store in Enniskillen today and asked about the G nexus, they had never heard of it.....I had already called O2 who confirmed it was released. She said if that was true it would be out in the next day or two in the store....I then asked about the Razr to be smug, she assumed I meant the old ones from back when she was in school....sigh.

These stores are supposed to deal in phones so should know about phones. Amazing the amount of utterly clueless people at these places.

Associate
£450 from O2. Ordered 1:30pm, now on its way. :D

I am an existing pay monthly user with 12 months contract left... so it's a bit less than PayG/SIM free price but not an upgrade price. I drowned my last phone in the bath (probably subconsciously cos I wanted a Nexus). ;)

Associate
Here are the 2 i bought earlier, 1 for work and 1 for me :)

20111117143303.jpg

20111117151409.jpg

Permabanned
Ordered mine from 3 :)

One plan - normally £25 pm
With Galaxy Nexus - £40 pm
£110 cashback

Price for the handset over 24 months = £250 :D

That seemed like a good offer, much better than going sim free + handset only, the only drawback being the 24 month contract but this phone will easily last me for 24 months.

Also the backlight on my current X10 mini pro is broken, so after that Galaxy Nexus arrives I send the X10 back for repairs, then ebay it :)

I still have 3 months / £90 left to pay on my current contract before I can cancel it though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will go to CPW tomorrow and see if they have any GN and if they do, I will see what upgrade deal I can get.
If nothing good, I will go for this deal via o2 and 24months with £10.5 a month

Back
Top Bottom