***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
Urgh, i just went into the p4u shop on my way home from work and they had the phone on the wall without display working as they do. Am i the only person who thinks it looks horrendous?

Pictures of it i saw all looked great, but in the flesh the plastic lighter grey body looked awful. It was next to a galaxy s2 and that looked far nicer to me, slim, square n black. I dunno i just was shocked at how bad it looked. Was really tempted to pay out my contract and get one of these this week but after seeing that i may have to forget it, currently still on a Desire and feel that it looks far better :/

Could it just be the type of set they put on the wall with the cable thing or does it really look that cheap? :|

Associate
Can anyone who has this device already confirm if Spotify works correctly, it runs fine on Honeycomb but where I would hold the menu button on my Desire there is no soft key alternative so searching is made impossible. Is this problem the same on ICS?

Associate
I have just ordered my galaxy nexus, with that 02 plan, 10.50 a month after taking off the data allowance... this paired with my super duper tmobile sim only works out to be half the price of a similar monthly contract over a 24 month period. I could not be happier :D!

Permabanned
Is there something wrong with going through mobiles.co.uk to Orange? I did hear that T-Mobile cap your data speed if you connect to them through a third party...

T mobile are evil cows now. If you exceed your monthly limit, they cap you down to 64 kb/s for 2 weeks.

If you exceed it for 3 months, they cap it to that much permanently.

Yes I had mine capped to 64 kb's for 2 weeks after using my phone connected for less than a week with steam downloading stuff. And I have a 10 Gb limit, which just goes bye bye if I want to download anything.

Soldato
I don't get what you mean by that?

Sorry, slightly pulling your leg. I left Orange in the last few months as I was fed up with their terrible data coverage and speeds. I then did some testing -

http://hemorrdroids.net/uk-mobile-data-speeds/

O2 is pretty good for speeds at least.

These days mobile data is so important, I don't know why I stayed with the worst supplier for so long.

Permabanned
Sorry, slightly pulling your leg. I left Orange in the last few months as I was fed up with their terrible data coverage and speeds. I then did some testing -

http://hemorrdroids.net/uk-mobile-data-speeds/

O2 is pretty good for speeds at least.

These days mobile data is so important, I don't know why I stayed with the worst supplier for so long.

Orange and T Mobile are merged now, and can use each others 3G coverage. Also T mobile and 3's 3G masts are merged, meaning that all three of these have the same coverage and signal strength and speeds.

The only thing that separates them is the tariff, and I've been oogling over the one plan ever since the first day it came out, but I had already renewed my current contract :(

Soldato
Three? Are you sure? Please give me a link showing this. I still have my Orange contract and if this was true would mean I don't need Three...

I'm afraid at this point, I've never ever seen anyone mention Three and I would have to say I don't believe you.

Orange and T Mobile... yeah, the two slowest networks... :(

**EDIT** I'm still getting the same poor speeds on my Orange SIM. The worst thing is both Orange and T Mobile throttle the upload at around 0.3. You might not believe it, but this really slows your down speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom