***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
ordered it through o2 retentions.

12 month contract
100 for the phone
51/month 900 min 1gb net unltd txts.

30% discount for 11 months, due to friends and family discount:

51*0.7 = 35.7 * 11 = 392.7 + 51 = 443.7 + 100 = 543.7.

plus at 6 months I can reduce the price by one to 600 mins if need be and drop to 500mb of data, saving me a bit. But I'm happy

jumping from a pre

Soldato
^ Nice one shaffaaf, it'll be interesting too see how you get on with the OS. I think you'll love it :) (the hardware is light years from any pre phone too)

Associate
Ordered my GN from Three on The One Plan, £40*24 and £109 cashback.

Apparently, you get Spotify premium (worth £10/month) for life of contract with The One Plan, so that's saved me £240 there! And the £109 cashback...have to justify it to myself somehow :)
£40*24=£960 - £240 - £109 = £611 ... means the tariff effectively costs me only £111, based on the phone being £500.

Though I am still contemplating the o2 50m deal instead, though I'd chuck that SIM in a drawer. I'd actually use the Three one!

Sadly I've had to select 23rd for delivery and not 22nd...won't be home :(

Jealous of all current Galaxy Nexus owners..!

Permabanned
Ordered my GN from Three on The One Plan, £40*24 and £109 cashback.

My cashback was £116 :D

Every little helps :p

Im going from an 18 month contract onto 24 months though, but I dont really need a new phone every 12-18 months anyway, and T Mobile were always terribad and slow at getting the latest handsets in. 24 Months actually gives you more time to get something better :)

Associate
Still can't decide. £500 up front is a huge amount of money for a phone. o2 prices are hard to find reliably, and I would be on retentions. With cashback (which I am trusting you guys on as I have never used that) it would be better, but I would prefer a 12 month contract, which only o2 do, so 3 is out, a 24 month contract is INSANE. Much thinking to do. Then there is still Giff Gaff.

Caporegime
I have to be careful on coverage

Right now I'm on tmobile cause they were cheap 18 months ago

Signal at work.. Only o2 for an ok signal (voda is non existent and others are outside the building only!) but not sure if it's 2g or 3g (fairy sure 2g)
Signal at home.. Tmobile 2g, orange network share gives me 2.5g, not sure on o2 if its 2 or 3g

Usually use the orange edge while at home, cant risk another network really, but need sub 30£ otherwise no nexus

Annoying I can't get more info on signal before you sign contract

So for me any streaming bundled services are pointless

Associate
So I may have 2 Galaxy Nexus coming tomorrow on one contract or I may have only one... I don't need two but circumstances have turned out that I may end up with that many.

I upgraded my contract using Phones4u on Tuesday - they confirmed it was all done and I would get the phone on Friday. I have no contact from them since then, no confirmation email, no dispatch email, no phone call - nothing.

This morning I saw I could upgrade online so I chose the phone and tariff on the network site and I got a dispatch email in the afternoon.

I know I will definitely get the dispatched phone but what happened with Phones4u? Surely if the upgrade went through I shouldn't have been able to do it on the O2 site? And if they did cancel my upgrade then surely they should have let me know that there was a problem.

Now what if they sent the dispatch to the warehouse and were waiting to put the upgrade through today and when they checked on their systems it had gone through... then I could end up with 2 phones.

Now I don't know if Phones4u have even confirmed my upgrade through them let alone shipped a phone but I find it very strange that I have heard nothing either way from them.

Of course I will return the phone if it comes but it just seems really inconsistent and strange to me.

Soldato
So I may have 2 Galaxy Nexus coming tomorrow on one contract or I may have only one... I don't need two but circumstances have turned out that I may end up with that many.

I upgraded my contract using Phones4u on Tuesday - they confirmed it was all done and I would get the phone on Friday. I have no contact from them since then, no confirmation email, no dispatch email, no phone call - nothing.

This morning I saw I could upgrade online so I chose the phone and tariff on the network site and I got a dispatch email in the afternoon.

I know I will definitely get the dispatched phone but what happened with Phones4u? Surely if the upgrade went through I shouldn't have been able to do it on the O2 site? And if they did cancel my upgrade then surely they should have let me know that there was a problem.

Now what if they sent the dispatch to the warehouse and were waiting to put the upgrade through today and when they checked on their systems it had gone through... then I could end up with 2 phones.

Now I don't know if Phones4u have even confirmed my upgrade through them let alone shipped a phone but I find it very strange that I have heard nothing either way from them.

Of course I will return the phone if it comes but it just seems really inconsistent and strange to me.

Just an idea but maybe you should have gotten in touch with Fones4u before upgrading direct?

Associate
been watching this thread and really want the phone but i saw it (model version) at P4U and i gotta say its huge! put it next to my htc desire and GN is a monster compared to it! thats the only thing putting me off :(

Associate
Lol I figured O2 wouldn't allow two upgrades - and if they did then I'd return one.

To be totally honest no one even knows if P4u has even dispatched any phones yet.

Associate
My cashback was £116 :D

Every little helps :p

Im going from an 18 month contract onto 24 months though, but I dont really need a new phone every 12-18 months anyway, and T Mobile were always terribad and slow at getting the latest handsets in. 24 Months actually gives you more time to get something better :)

Sigh...it's only £7...:p

I told myself I'd never get a 24m contract, but the deal is good, Spotify or no Spotify, and I'd like to make more use of data than I do now on Vodafone. I'll try and put some money aside for whatever Nexus comes out in a year to buy off contract :)

Permabanned
Oh, and whoever said 24 month contracts are insane - normally I would agree, but the one plan changed my mind on that completely. I must have the one plan!

Associate
Kept telling myself I'd never get a 24m contract... but due to the initial phone prices between 18/24m, I might as well go for 24m as I'm really only paying for 1-2 months more (if that makes sense).

Was going to go for 36x18 (+119 initial = 768), but I might as well go for 31x24 (+49 = 793 total) as I'm only paying for a month's more line rental! And the minute/text/web differences are fine with me.

Reckon I'll go into Phones4U tomorrow and see if they are willing to drop the initial phone cost if I go for a 31x24 Orange Panther 31 Contract with them. Failing that, I'll just do it online via Quidco or something to get that £50-60 back.

Not sure why I'm posting it here; probably just so I don't back out of this wonderful idea now!

Edit: Or I can do that crazy o2 deal (HUKD link earlier) and stick to GiffGaff. Work's out similar price. Now the question is whether I want to be on GiffGaff or Orange! Grrr.. too many roads to cross!

Edit2: Might as well do o2 because then I can keep the real contract as a backup in my old phone! Done and done! So who have I lost here? :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom