*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Me again.

Does anybody know if/how I can work on a Word 2002 doc (based on my pc) and transfer it back and forth between the pc and Nexus as I am trying to write a 50,000 word novel in Nov. (On a positive side, if I give one of my characters a Nexus I could use up 5,000 words).

Finally, can I choose what will be backed up to the cloud or is it all or nothing?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the moan.

Personally I would have something like this in Google Docs, which is safer and available pretty much anywhere I wanted...

Thinking about RMAing my nexus because the charger port is really loose and when the screen is black the is a sort of white glow at the top, if I press the bezzel where its coming from it sort of goes away.

Problem I have is my son dropped it on the floor, it took a good hit and there are no signs of damage but in one corner where it must have dropped you can very easily pull it open. It was open when the wife picked it up but it just clicked back together. Do you think they will pick up on this?

Anyone had to RMA anything to the company fifth letter of the alpherbet "buyer" is it stress free for things like this. Had it a few months now

Last edited:
There have been indications that the 16gb version would drop in price to around £160, but I haven’t seen any price drops.

Anyone know if this is going to happen?

I want to buy one as a Christmas gift

I have another question, sorry if it's been asked (it's a big thread) but can ANYONE get Google Now to start searching and doing it's thing just by saying "Google" on the Google Now screen?
I see this written in all the reviews and I see people doing it in videos but it just ain't doing it for me !!

In theory, using an OTG cable should I be able to play movies from a Memory Stick?

I'm sure I've used Stick Mount before and it's been fine, but on a CM based ROM, it wouldn't see the stick. Is there a size limit? (It's 64gig)

Okay, thanks, it is exFAT as that's what my S3 needs. I've actually just taken my N7 back to stock, so maybe I'll try the Media Importer.

I've also found the 64gig Flash Memory is dodgy, so we'll see if I can get my £££ on that, have ordered a different one through Amazon.

I have another question, sorry if it's been asked (it's a big thread) but can ANYONE get Google Now to start searching and doing it's thing just by saying "Google" on the Google Now screen?
I see this written in all the reviews and I see people doing it in videos but it just ain't doing it for me !!

You need to set the language to English (US) in the Google Now>Settings>Voice menu, you should then see an option appear called 'Hotword Detection' which will turn on the above feature. Not sure why this isn't available when set to English UK though.

Thanks 'simulatorman'... you have just beaten me to it! ;)

It does indeed look like a very interesting idea, and I am wondering if it would work with something like a ‘basic’ Samsung SE-208AB/TSBS 8 x DVD+/-RW Slim Portable External DVD Writer, (about £20 or so from the rain forest) although I accept this may require some additional power, from a USB ‘Y’ cable, or something like that.

The original article was on: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/your-nexus-7-can-connect-and-play-media-via-a-portable-dvd-player

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom