**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Permabanned
OP
That's odd. I cancelled my Google Panda and bought an iPhone X. That lasted a week before I returned it (phone is awesome but it runs iOS) and ordered a Panda from CPW on Saturday. It arrived yesterday! I'm so happy I chose that colour scheme, it looks and feels amazing. I have it in one of the fabric cases now which is also great.

That's great news. Pleased for you. I thought the Panda was striking.

I pre-ordered my Panda in early October and still waiting on CPW!

Go figure.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the whine is RMA worthy, there was quite a thread on Reddit about it. Think it only affects the smaller P2 if i remember correctly.

So far so good with my 2XL. I took a quick and dirty low light photo of the other half in a pub earlier in portrait mode. Wow. Even when I wasn't trying and it was still an awesome picture!

The Bluetooth and her car (2013 Seat Ibiza) however, do not get along, at all. It was skipping like mad. Didn't someone here have a fix? Changing something in Dev options I think? Will have to read back thought the thread. @TheOracle was it you?

Also, is anyone running the 8.1 beta on their Pixel 2/XL's?

https://www.google.com/android/beta

Last edited:
Soldato
The Bluetooth and her car (2013 Seat Ibiza) however, do not get along, at all. It was skipping like mad. Didn't someone here have a fix? Changing something in Dev options I think? Will have to read back thought the thread. @TheOracle was it you?

Also, is anyone running the 8.1 beta on their Pixel 2/XL's?

https://www.google.com/android/beta

Bluetooth is, and always has been shocking. That said, it is better (far from perfect) with 8.1 beta.

Soldato
Ah is that what you did? Upgraded to the 8.1 beta?
Yep 100% the 8.1 update fixed all my Bluetooth issues. There were options in Dev section to change the Bluetooth standard/version but that made bugger all difference to mine anyway. Get the beta and all will be well!

I wonder is it just the pixels and 8.0 or are any other manufacturers having the same issues on 8.0?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Nice, I'll register for the beta and download it later, when I'm home. But I want to have a play before I do I want to have another go with the flakey Bluetooth in her car first.

I've got 8.1 running on my N6P and its perfectly fine.

Caporegime
Managed to force the November update.

• Take out sim card
  • Connect to wifi
  • Clear data for Google Services Framework
  • Restart device
  • Check for update
  • Update found and installed
  • Sorted

To me saturated whites have a yellow tint & natural has blue.

I do like the softer look of natural when viewing static / simple content like web pages and reading but for photos and video saturated is a lot better.

Not sure what I'll stick to.

Soldato

• Take out sim card
  • Connect to wifi
  • Restart device
  • Check for update
  • Sorted

I do like the softer look of natural when viewing static / simple content like web pages and reading but for photos and video saturated is a lot better.

Sounds like you need to go for the middle option and read Goldilocks story to help make your mind up :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I thought the saturated setting made the whites too warm, not to mention the over saturated cartoon colours.

Natural is still the way to go, IMO. :)

Soldato
I thought the saturated setting made the whites too warm, not to mention the over saturated cartoon colours.

Natural is still the way to go, IMO. :)

I dunno I like the middle option or saturated. I get the whites are a little yellow on Saturated but makes movies look good.

I kind of wanna get the daydream thing but £100 sounds a bit pricey

Soldato
CPW people in store told me they received a few Pixel 2 XLs today on their official launch but were quickly allocated/sold out. All deliveries were for the colour Black.

Said the Panda's are like gold-dust at the moment.

There were some in stock on the Google Store on the weekend for delivery 3-4 weeks. Wish I'd ordered one. Completely out of stock now, both 64 and 128gb.

Associate

• Take out sim card
  • Connect to wifi
  • Restart device
  • Check for update
  • Sorted

Maybe look into using Tasker to change the colour profile on a per-app basis, and boost the brightness and enable auto rotate! All of these will probably be desirable to you when viewing photos :):)

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So here's my battery usage from yesterday if anyone's interested. This was while I was at work where both the mobile signal and the WiFi signal are pretty poor. I'm happy with that.

P9C1f3M.png ovDemq5.png

Soldato
Oh noes found a slight fault with my XL2. When on a call if my ear/head presses near the speaker grill or clicks. Seems there is a void under the speaker grill, anyone elses the same?

Hmm I applied my screen protector today, it might be that...... Taking it off will waste £12

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom