**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
... For me, I prefer to be able to respond to messages with a short reply...

oh, the irony..

.... I do not know how others view Smart Reply but it is often exactly what I want to say quickly. Often times, I am carrying something in one hand and attempting to hold the phone and reply with the other (yes voice to text is great too but if a canned, simply reply is at hand that says what I want I use it)...

but surely you would use those marvelous, wonderful pixy buds that work flawlessly??

Associate
Lol^

Is anyone using their phone without a case?
What about screen protectors?

My old S7Edge has zero scratches at all on the screen and no protection except a spigen rugged armour case.
I've ordered a glass invisshield screen protector after reading how the new gorilla glass is supposed to be more durable but also more prone to scratches. And I'm trying to decide if I want a case or not and what type as it needs to be protector friendly lol. Trouble is the phone is large and so cases with any protection are bulkier, making the phone harder to handle single handedly.

I quite like the ipitaka aramid but it's a little pricey and will take a while to arrive.

Soldato
I'm using a screen protector but it's awful.

I've tried 6 different brands now, all been pants.

It's the damned curves screen. Makes it really hard for companies to make a decent protector. It was the biggest annoyance for me with the S7 Edge.

Associate
I'm using a screen protector but it's awful.

I've tried 6 different brands now, all been pants.

It's the damned curves screen. Makes it really hard for companies to make a decent protector. It was the biggest annoyance for me with the S7 Edge.
My S7 Edge didn't need one. There's only 1 mark on the whole phone and that's just a tiny nick on the homebutton

I've ordered one with liquid adhesive:
https://www.sgfreshidea.com/invissh...l-full-adhesive-tempered-glass-clear-set.html
expensive, but hopefully it's better than the usual ones with adhesive just around the edges.

Thinking of pairing it with this case:
https://www.ipitaka.com/products/magcase-for-google-pixel-2?variant=4542502469660

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
oh, the irony..

but surely you would use those marvelous, wonderful pixy buds that work flawlessly??

Glad you are paying attention! :p:p

Yes, I will use the Pixel Buds too but sometimes my phone is just out and in my hand and the canned, simple response is exactly what I need to say which is even quicker than speaking it!

By the way, I have noticed recently that the sound quality on my Pixel Buds have improved. Voice messages are clearer, phone calls are clearer and music quality has improved. These qualities were very good before but now they are excellent. These behind-the-scene improvements to the Pixel Buds just seem to happen by OTA updates.

Soldato
Quick turn around for the adapter, Requested a new one Friday, Despatched on Sunday, Received today need to check it out when I've got a moment to see if it fixes the pausing/playing out of speakers issue.

Associate
Glad you are paying attention! :p:p

Yes, I will use the Pixel Buds too but sometimes my phone is just out and in my hand and the canned, simple response is exactly what I need to say which is even quicker than speaking it!

By the way, I have noticed recently that the sound quality on my Pixel Buds have improved. Voice messages are clearer, phone calls are clearer and music quality has improved. These qualities were very good before but now they are excellent. These behind-the-scene improvements to the Pixel Buds just seem to happen by OTA updates.

Nice try seeing if you can drive some buds sales.

Soldato
EE aren't giving me the option to return it, even though this is my second device with a charging issue.

Google support is horrendous. So false and obnoxious.

Not sure where to go from here. I'm consistently having issues charging the device. I'll try and put it on a quick charge before going out, and it just doesn't charge.

Soldato
My S7 Edge didn't need one. There's only 1 mark on the whole phone and that's just a tiny nick on the homebutton

I've ordered one with liquid adhesive:
https://www.sgfreshidea.com/invissh...l-full-adhesive-tempered-glass-clear-set.html
expensive, but hopefully it's better than the usual ones with adhesive just around the edges.

Thinking of pairing it with this case:
https://www.ipitaka.com/products/magcase-for-google-pixel-2?variant=4542502469660

The Dome Glass is currently the only one that'll adhere properly - I wouldn't waste your money on the one from the US

Problem is, it's 40 quid

Soldato
EE aren't giving me the option to return it, even though this is my second device with a charging issue.

Google support is horrendous. So false and obnoxious.

Not sure where to go from here. I'm consistently having issues charging the device. I'll try and put it on a quick charge before going out, and it just doesn't charge.
mines exactly the same

Soldato
PIxel 2XL here
Screen is ok not great. in low brightness super slow pixel transitions. not aware day to day of blue shift.
Speakers bit better than my prev 6P but not HTC one. do go loud without distortion

google fabric case. hmm looks nice. not particularly grippy suprisingly and has flexed itself almost off the phone a few times, fitment could be better for the price and i'm babying the phone,

camera though is better than my Sony mirrorless NEX-5N in a lot of case instances. just amazing. glad I made the move overall

Soldato
Quick turn around for the adapter, Requested a new one Friday, Despatched on Sunday, Received today need to check it out when I've got a moment to see if it fixes the pausing/playing out of speakers issue.

Quoting myself. New adapter, hasn't made a blind bit of difference, still constantly cuts out/plays out of the speakers. How can they get so much wrong when there is so much good within the phone. I might have to look at a return of some kind & get a one plus or something.
Obviously this isn't fit for purpose for me, phone is great apart from this issue >_<

Soldato
I'm not totally up with your situation, but is investing in some decent bluetooth headphones an option? I assume you already have some expensive headphones you wish to keep using?

I'm just thinking that this is the direction things are likely going, is it worth making the jump now if you love everything else with the phone?

Back
Top Bottom