**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Quoting myself. New adapter, hasn't made a blind bit of difference, still constantly cuts out/plays out of the speakers. How can they get so much wrong when there is so much good within the phone. I might have to look at a return of some kind & get a one plus or something.
Obviously this isn't fit for purpose for me, phone is great apart from this issue >_<
Does it happen straight away or do you have to listen for a while?
What app are you using?
I've only briefly tested my headphones so far and had no issues for the few minutes when I listened to a couple of tracks in Poweramp.
I do have an AptX bluetooth adapter for my earbuds on the way, but I'd like to make sure there's nothing wrong with the phone before my 14 days are up

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else still trying to get their Home Mini code off Google?

I've now been waiting almost a month. Each time their response is the same - we're trying to get it for you, we can't give you a code right now, we can't give you store credit either because it uses the same system.

Can't believe something so simple could be so broken, and I can't believe that their system can't just authorize sending me a free unit via any other means.

Soldato
I took the USB-C adapter on holiday with me with my Sennheiser Momentums and they didn't cut out once - listening on Podcast Addict and Spotify.

It would be really annoying I'm sure to get everything set up again but would they not RMA the phone for this?

Soldato
Anyone else still trying to get their Home Mini code off Google?

I've now been waiting almost a month. Each time their response is the same - we're trying to get it for you, we can't give you a code right now, we can't give you store credit either because it uses the same system.

Can't believe something so simple could be so broken, and I can't believe that their system can't just authorize sending me a free unit via any other means.
I emailed support and had a code sent me to within 24 hours :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I took the USB-C adapter on holiday with me with my Sennheiser Momentums and they didn't cut out once - listening on Podcast Addict and Spotify.

It would be really annoying I'm sure to get everything set up again but would they not RMA the phone for this?

Agreed.

I've had RMA my phone twice now, and it's a pain to get all the apps/banking setup again.

Soldato
Does it happen straight away or do you have to listen for a while?
What app are you using?
I've only briefly tested my headphones so far and had no issues for the few minutes when I listened to a couple of tracks in Poweramp.
I do have an AptX bluetooth adapter for my earbuds on the way, but I'd like to make sure there's nothing wrong with the phone before my 14 days are up

Completely random to be fair, it can do it on the first song or I could listen for an hour or two then it'll start doing it. I use Google play music as I'm a subscriber.

After a restart it'll be fine for a good hour then back to cutting out. I'm not prepared to spend money on Bluetooth headphones when I have a pair of m50x's which work absolutely fine.

Associate
The adaptor playing up has been a common issue for users on Reddit.

Most either switched to bluetooth or bought a different adaptor (HTC, Razerphone). The Razorphone dongle gets high praise for being loud and clear, but it is a tad bit aggressive with treble.

Associate
Completely random to be fair, it can do it on the first song or I could listen for an hour or two then it'll start doing it. I use Google play music as I'm a subscriber.

After a restart it'll be fine for a good hour then back to cutting out. I'm not prepared to spend money on Bluetooth headphones when I have a pair of m50x's which work absolutely fine.
I'll try streaming some tracks from google play music this morning with headphones plugged in.

Soldato
I don't think you can change the audio source from the default camera app but I know you can with Open Camera so: USB Mic + OTG usb-c cable + Open Camera

Associate

Using the headphone adapter, I've been streaming Google music non stop since about 10:30am, so about 5 hours so far and it hasn't cut out or switched to speakers once.
Have you thought about RMA'ing?

Soldato
Using the headphone adapter, I've been streaming Google music non stop since about 10:30am, so about 5 hours so far and it hasn't cut out or switched to speakers once.
Have you thought about RMA'ing?

It seems to do it more often when I'm walking.

I've just had a brand new adapter sent from Google which still does the same. I've thought about RMA'ing but i'll have to deal with Carphonewarehouse & their shocking repair centers Anovo/SBE unless Google is feeling nice again & RMA the phone for me.

First of all though I'm going to try a factory reset & not allow Google to retrieve all the apps I use & try that.

Another thing that I forgot, Who sends white cables/adapters with an all black phone :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
My colleagues pixel 2 also has issues with the audio adapter (I use Bluetooth) apparently he bought a new adapter off Amazon but it wasn't compatible.

Probably bought a cheap one that doesn't actually have a DAC inside of it.

Best bets is to buy another one from Google for £9, HTC's which is £5.95 via club HTC or Razerphone which is £20 last time I checked.

Soldato
Just a thought and I'm sure Google have suggested this but has anyone been able to replicate these usb adapter issues in safe mode?

I'll give that a try later, I tried something I saw mentioned on Reddit earlier but it didn't work.

Developer options > select usb source > audio

Since that I've had 3 cut outs. Normally it is more.

Permabanned
OP
Anyone else enjoying AR stickers on their Pixel phones? I have been using them with some of the young children in our family! We have had a good laugh.

I see that starting at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week, Google will be putting on a big push on ARCore, hoping to expand well beyond Pixel phones to more than 100 Million phones by March.

Back
Top Bottom