**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Being really nit picking about the gestures but the bottom bar still takes up more room than I hoped. This is especially evident in chrome where you can see the top part of the screen is still curved but the bottom is cut off by the bar. Looks a bit shoddy.

Also the dark theme needs a lot of work in my opinion. Lots of things incomplete, the keyboard being most noticeable (just sticks to whatever theme you set it as in preferences) and no scheduling is a bummer.

Still half baked features are what I've come to expect from Android.

Edit: resolved the keyboard issue by clearing the data on Gboard. It seems that once you pick a theme that's it your stuck with it whereas if you always used the default it will honour the dark setting.

Last edited:
Associate
Warming to it.

Phone seems slightly quicker to me.

Fingerprint sensor noticeably quicker. Maybe I might try and register my right finger again in the hope it won't unlock in my pocket like it used to.

Bluetooth quick settings are better and make up for the lack of Bluetooth menu from the toggles.

Gestures I'm warming to a lot. Just need some polish on places.

Associate
I like dark mode but wish it had a schedule.

Gestures: I’m indifferent, don’t mind but don’t really see too many advantages over the buttons with the exception of swiping back from either side of the screen.

Battery life seems to be considerably worse.

Changed my mind about bluetooth settings, it only lists 3 previous devices and so I still often have to make an extra press to get to the device i want.

Associate
So far this morning I'm down to 90% already. Off the charger for an hour, 22 minutes usage, a bit of music via Bluetooth. Not very impressive. In fact it just dropped 2% while typing this very message. Really really disappointed.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
One annoying thing I'm finding is that when watching a downloaded YouTube vid (so YouTube premium), if I go landscape and have some notifications the screen locks. So I must unlock and it's back to portrait.

If I remove the notifications and then go full screen, no problem at all. Very strange and don't know what to do about it.

Back
Top Bottom