**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Digital Wellbeing such an overrated feature.

I've never used it & have no desires to ever use it.

I don't need my phone to tell me how much I'm using it.

I have disabled it best I can, would be better if it was able to be uninstalled.

Soldato
I can't really say I've noticed a difference to be honest. I've never used the digital wellbeing either in the past so a bit of a pointless feature for me too.

Associate
Well.... It took some time to get here but I'm about to post something that isn't a moan :D

I don't know if it's disabling DWB as described in previous posts but my 2xl is running better than it ever has and has given me no real problems for quite a few weeks. It's the phone I was hoping it would be from day 1 just a shame it took 18 months to get here!

I'm glad I held out from getting the iPhone as I was so close to doing. Its actually so good now that the pixel 4 will really have to be a stunning machine to get me to part with any more cash.

Finally I can understand why most people seem to love their 2xl as if most are getting the experience I am now then how could you not like it!

I would like those who claim I had a faulty device explain why suddenly after months of software updates I finally have a device that runs perfectly and gives no issues if the thing was faulty as they said? :p don't worry I don't expect an answer :)

If android Q turns out to be an improvement on P than I'm seriously looking forward to getting that too...

Soldato
Well.... It took some time to get here but I'm about to post something that isn't a moan :D

I don't know if it's disabling DWB as described in previous posts but my 2xl is running better than it ever has and has given me no real problems for quite a few weeks. It's the phone I was hoping it would be from day 1 just a shame it took 18 months to get here!

I'm glad I held out from getting the iPhone as I was so close to doing. Its actually so good now that the pixel 4 will really have to be a stunning machine to get me to part with any more cash.

Finally I can understand why most people seem to love their 2xl as if most are getting the experience I am now then how could you not like it!

I would like those who claim I had a faulty device explain why suddenly after months of software updates I finally have a device that runs perfectly and gives no issues if the thing was faulty as they said? :p don't worry I don't expect an answer :)

If android Q turns out to be an improvement on P than I'm seriously looking forward to getting that too...

That's good to here. Strange how different things give different issues to other devices.
Hope it remains stable for you now.

Associate
That's good to here. Strange how different things give different issues to other devices.
Hope it remains stable for you now.

Got everything crossed!! I just wish it had been like this from day 1, and if it had I would have had a much better overall opinion; heck it probably would have been my all time favourite phone - despite the problems, I still like it a lot, even more so now it actually works properly. It is very weird as you say why some have so many issues while others have a perfect experience.

mm..if you were buying new...the 3a xl or the 2 xl..

I was just about to buy the 2xl but not sure now..

????

:confused:

It's not an easy choice but I'd probably sway towards the 3A. From what I've read, it's got a slightly better screen and its obviously got a headphone jack. Being much newer you should expect to receive more updates in the future, if you keep your phone for more than 2 years. It's got a couple of extra camera features. Battery life should be slightly better too.

Drawbacks, the SD835 (2xl) is still faster than the SD670 (3a) although in the real world the difference probably isn't too much. The screen is a lower resolution (does it matter?). The storage is eMMC which may degrade more quickly in the future meaning the phone might be slower further down the line. Finally, if buying new (you said you were) then the 2XL comes with the unlimited high quality photo storage which the 3A does not.

Soldato
Got everything crossed!! I just wish it had been like this from day 1, and if it had I would have had a much better overall opinion; heck it probably would have been my all time favourite phone - despite the problems, I still like it a lot, even more so now it actually works properly. It is very weird as you say why some have so many issues while others have a perfect experience.

It's not an easy choice but I'd probably sway towards the 3A. From what I've read, it's got a slightly better screen and its obviously got a headphone jack. Being much newer you should expect to receive more updates in the future, if you keep your phone for more than 2 years. It's got a couple of extra camera features. Battery life should be slightly better too.

Drawbacks, the SD835 (2xl) is still faster than the SD670 (3a) although in the real world the difference probably isn't too much. The screen is a lower resolution (does it matter?). The storage is eMMC which may degrade more quickly in the future meaning the phone might be slower further down the line. Finally, if buying new (you said you were) then the 2XL comes with the unlimited high quality photo storage which the 3A does not.

I appreciate your reply . Yeah I'll go for the 3a over the 2xl. I was starting to lean towards it before your response. The blue shift was the main reason I was put off the 2xl.
I didn't know the 3a has some extra camera features.

Associate
I think the 3A camera has the super zoom that the 2XL doesn't have, and maybe some other feature that was on the 3/3XL but missing on the previous generation.

The other thing I forgot to mention is the lack of Visual Core chip in the 3A but I don't think that's a major issue personally - probably just means that photos might take longer to process... I've not heard of it being a massive problem anyway!

Soldato
I appreciate your reply . Yeah I'll go for the 3a over the 2xl. I was starting to lean towards it before your response. The blue shift was the main reason I was put off the 2xl.
I didn't know the 3a has some extra camera features.

I notice a certain store is giving away a £199 Acer chromebook to people who purchase a sim free Pixel 3a or 3aXL.

Soldato
I notice a certain store is giving away a £199 Acer chromebook to people who purchase a sim free Pixel 3a or 3aXL.
You can say carphonewarehouse :D

Took my sister there last weekend to get a 3A, she was coming from an iPhone 6 I think so it's a bit of a change but she seems to like it. LOVES the camera in comparison to what she's had.

The chromebook you are given a sheet of paper with some details on it, you basically have to go to a website a couple of weeks after purchase and enter your IMEI number to get it. Bit of a faff but I think they're actually going to use it as a laptop so makes it a very reasonably priced phone.

Soldato
You can say carphonewarehouse :D

Took my sister there last weekend to get a 3A, she was coming from an iPhone 6 I think so it's a bit of a change but she seems to like it. LOVES the camera in comparison to what she's had.

The chromebook you are given a sheet of paper with some details on it, you basically have to go to a website a couple of weeks after purchase and enter your IMEI number to get it. Bit of a faff but I think they're actually going to use it as a laptop so makes it a very reasonably priced phone.

It wasn't there and still a bit unsure of the rules what I can put on, It was the indian dish place :D

Associate
Used the Pixel 2 over the weekend for some birthday parties and the camera is still strong! The snapping capabilities are just phenomenal. Frame and shoot. I do miss my DSLR but when with family this trumps it as you don't get awkward poses. Looking forward to the Pixel 4 when it comes to an upgrade this Christmas.

Associate
Tbf, it was faulty, or it was user error.... so it's not faulty, no? :p

I know you’re joking (or at least I hope so :p) but it was neither, it was crappy software that has now been fixed ;)

Speaking of which, I’ve just had to swap out gboard for swiftkey as it stopped autocorrecting about 1/3 of the words I got wrong for no apparent reason. Tried all the usual ‘fixes’ to no avail. I made a thread on reddit about it and it seems a lot of people are having issues with gboard. I actually prefer the look and feel of gboard but it has to be said so far swiftkey is massively more accurate and better for me.

Soldato
I know you’re joking (or at least I hope so :p) but it was neither, it was crappy software that has now been fixed ;)

Speaking of which, I’ve just had to swap out gboard for swiftkey as it stopped autocorrecting about 1/3 of the words I got wrong for no apparent reason. Tried all the usual ‘fixes’ to no avail. I made a thread on reddit about it and it seems a lot of people are having issues with gboard. I actually prefer the look and feel of gboard but it has to be said so far swiftkey is massively more accurate and better for me.
I feel like you must be very good at noticing issues or are just incredibly unlucky!

I used to use swiftkey but the lag on opening the keyboard annoyed me so I jumped ship to gboard. Haven't had any probs in those 2 years since

Back
Top Bottom