**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
I know you’re joking (or at least I hope so :p) but it was neither, it was crappy software that has now been fixed ;)

You had different software to everyone else? :p

This is why we said it must be faulty. You had issues no-one else seemed to have. Maybe you had an app or apps that somehow interfered? Tbh, I can't now remember what the issues were and it's not really relevant any more I suppose, just glad you now have the great phone we all had for so long :)

Associate
You had different software to everyone else? :p

This is why we said it must be faulty. You had issues no-one else seemed to have. Maybe you had an app or apps that somehow interfered? Tbh, I can't now remember what the issues were and it's not really relevant any more I suppose, just glad you now have the great phone we all had for so long :)

As usual I spoke too soon... my adaptive brightness is now repeatedly setting the screen too dull (never had a problem before) and double tap to wake the screen stopped working (now fixed after a reboot).

Maybe I need to just manage my expectations. All tech seems to have its issues... my iPad is the most reliable thing I own but even that isn’t perfect. None of these issues have really been deal breaking but still kind of annoying.

Associate
For the past month my battery life has been awful, since the June update my Pixel 2 XL battery life is on par with when I first got the device 18 months ago. I have no idea what was 'fixed' in the latest update but I'm not complaining.

Currently my battery is on 25% with 4 hours 30 screen time. I took it off charge yesterday at 7am. I'm impressed.

Associate
What new gestures are there?
There's a new option to just have a thin bar at the bottom of the screen instead of the pill and back button and you swipe up to get back to home. Swipe left and right to switch apps, swipe up and hold for recent apps and you swipe at the bottom corners to activate google.
You can also swipe from the sides to go back now

Soldato
There's a new option to just have a thin bar at the bottom of the screen instead of the pill and back button and you swipe up to get back to home. Swipe left and right to switch apps, swipe up and hold for recent apps and you swipe at the bottom corners to activate google.
You can also swipe from the sides to go back now

Oh right, that's a fair change. I'll check it out when I decide to install it.

Back
Top Bottom