**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Well for some reason the pixel 3 doesn't look as good as I was expecting. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Oneplus 6T I think which is a damn shame as I really wanted a killer pixel. Who knows, if they price it right and have a tempting offer for preorders maybe. Then again, I saw a oneplus 6 in the flesh last week in the o2 store and it looked sooooo good.
Rumours are the 6T will look even better. I know looks aren't everything, but remember these are much cheaper too.

Associate
I'm really struggling to like what I've seen on the 3XL. I imagined it was a done deal for me as I love the stock android updates/beta as I've run the last 2 with my PXL, but as it stands I can't see me purchasing this, like I didn't with the 2XL due to the issues/design/price.

I could forgive the oversized notch, were it not for the chin. I see no reason it couldn't have been halved in depth to retain the speaker. Stock android doesn't help the situation by having a black bar at the bottom of pretty much all navigation through the OS for the 'Pill' and back button (I do like the new gesture control and hope it's developed further), taking away further screen real estate. The specs when compared to other much cheaper phones out now just do not represent value for money and longevity to me when considering a phone for 24 months. We don't know the price yet but I can't imagine it will be cheaper than the 2XL was.

I feel somewhat in limbo now. The Note9 is beyond what I'm prepared to pay for a phone. I quite like the P20pro & one+6 but both might feel like a small downgrade coming from 2k panel to 1080p, despite the impressive specs.

Soldato
You're quite right about the bottom of the screen. I am enjoying the new gesture interface as well although I am struggling to see what the point of the pill is? The only function it has (that can't be implemented by sheer gesture features a la the iPhone X) is to trigger Google Assistant. However GA is better triggered with the squeeze feature anyway so as I said, why even bother with the pill at all?

Soldato
If performance is there on the Pixel 3 i like it. 3XL not a massive fan of the notch but the right price will sway me. Fail that ill upgrade my 5T to the 6T if the camera is much better.

Soldato
The 3 (non XL) looks great and is - hallelujah!! - under 6" tall. But no headphone jack :mad: Muppets. :mad: Looks like I'll wait for the 6T and put up with the bulk.

Soldato
Original Pixel, Pixel 3, Original XL

40f2e3f12b35329d83909696835b415b1a3611e4ebc6eed650da2303ca17136d.jpg

Soldato
I agree it's a shame they don't make use of switching to gestures more. Get rid of the nav bar, have a pill lying almost on the bottom of the display and you can still press it for home, swipe up as you do no, swipe left for back and swipe right for task switcher. It wouldn't really affect the display at all and give back a fair few pixels.

Soldato
I agree it's a shame they don't make use of switching to gestures more. Get rid of the nav bar, have a pill lying almost on the bottom of the display and you can still press it for home, swipe up as you do no, swipe left for back and swipe right for task switcher. It wouldn't really affect the display at all and give back a fair few pixels.

Hmmm I am not so sure. Gestures are ok for some but others hate them. It's confusing for the older generations as well. I hope they will always be optional

Associate
Well for some reason the pixel 3 doesn't look as good as I was expecting. Can't quite put my finger on it.

This to me it looks a bit plasticky.

I think its just the angle of the photos its taken so close up.
Where as with the Pixel 3 XL, we've got photos from various angles.

Still for me Pixel 3 > 3 XL.

Don't think I'll be returning to Android this year, my minds already set on the XS, but hope the Pixel brand goes from strength to strength...Maybe they'll tempt me in the future.

Soldato
I always have two contracts running a year apart so I have the option to upgrade or switch to sim only for a year. I suspect I will pick up one of these phones. But will have a play first and for once the standard size is an option as looks a little more pleasing to the eye .

Back
Top Bottom