***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
OP
Damage looks rubbish, but do i care? Not really. Still keeping my preorder ta.

When i've got my (rather rubbish) surround sound and (rather small) HDTV fired up with my DFP attached to my rickety camping table and GT5 in my 40GB fat PS3 i won't have a care in the world.

Life isn't about perfection, just enjoying what you're given :p

Soldato
OP
Just checked a few websites.

Some are saying 3/12/10, I saw the signature edition with the release of 1/12/10.

Seems like some people know more than we do - OR - it's all hope!

As always it's just retailers pulling dates out of the air. As soon as a release date is released by Sony, we'll know about it.

Soldato
OP
I actually think the rain effects are pretty awesome, and i imagine they'll look better 'in the flesh'. One example of the attention to detail is that if you watch, the rain sticks to the passenger side window when the car turns left.

Soldato
OP
Without trawling the net, does anyone know if GT5 will have split screen? Just out shopping and had a sudden thought of dread of it not featuring one of my fav features!

99.9% certain it does. GT5:p certainly did.

Shame, imo. I thought he added a lot to the thread, just the same numptys trying to derail his comments all the time put him on the defensive a lot.

Hopefully he'll return...

Disagree personally. About half of this thread is just childish bickering with him always in the thick of it. Anyways, i do agree that if he managed to keep his lid on he did add useful information to the thread, unfortunately that seemed to be the minority of the time. For fear of again allowing this thread to be derailed i'm just gonna leave the topic be now.

[EDIT] Just had a look. Yep, GT5 definitely has split screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What's the difference between 'standard' and 'premium' cars in this game? Please tell me they don't mean premium as in we have to buy them... :(

Premium cars are of a higher quality, standard are imported from either GTPSP or GT4. Don't panic however as the models made for those games were modelled at a higher level than their equivalent system could handle then downscaled so it doesn't look like a GT4 car driving around on the track, just a less detailed car.

The PSP ones look awful so far though, i'm reserving judgement until i've seen it for myself.

At present there's no extra paid-for content, everything is on the disk.

Soldato
OP
Just tried a random arcade race with a AC cobra. Oh hells yeah! They've really improved the handling in comparison to Prologue, i was drifting all over the shop! Not sure if it's realistic mind, having never driven one, but it was damn fun. Also the AI is much, much better, i saw it actually avoid me in a replay when i spun out as i got too over excited.

How the hell do i get the head tracking to work? I did configure it but it didn't make much sense and it didn't seem to do anything.

Soldato
OP
I seem to be really struggling holding power slides with a wheel. With a pad it's easy as pie but with a wheel i always over or under compensate and end up smacking into a wall which sucks.

As a side note, do we know if damage affects performance? I'd love it if it did.

Back
Top Bottom