***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
nah no matter what gear im in, if i take my foot off the gas i slow down quickly.

That is just your car then. 5th gear wont slow down a car when its already doing 40 and the revs are 2k only. If you coast down a down steep hill slowly and change gears it should alter speed without any gas. A small car will alter resistance just from the air con pump being switched on and off

Something like that would be hard to tell in a game, I seem to remember gt4 had lift off oversteer which is related to engine resistance

Soldato
UPDATE
Kudos to Gamersyde again...

Citreon GT In The Wet

Notice the actual wipers on this video/car seem to work where some others the wipers did nothing but move. More than likely with the code still beta and why things on some cars or tracks are better than others?

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the collectors edition come with the preorder cars? As I can only see the ChromeLine cars in the info.
I normally preorder games from gameplay as they always seem to arrive a day before the release date, but I will order the collector edition from one of the sites thats giving away cars if they do.

Soldato
Just noticed on channel 4 at 820 there is a program called gt acadamy where 18 of the fastest gamers on the planet race to get a chance to race in the GT4 European. Cup. Is this the comp from the time trial thing from gt5 a while back?

Soldato
Just looking at those screens over at Gamersyde, jesus, can't recall ever seeing a menu screen with so much spiff.

Too old and stupid to get carried away on the hype train, but there's a part of me left that still says can't wait... been years since iv'e had any kind of realy must go buy day release vibes.

Those screens of the tracks, seca, trial mountain and whatnot.. making me wonder, could i ever play rfactor, gpl, nascar.. ever again... different world:)

Soldato
We have to remember that even these videos are not full build.
Damage seems to be turned off and the rubber on the tarmack, something GT has been criticised for and rightly so seen in previous videos is also absent.

I think the game from what we are seeing recently is surpassing most peoples expectations.

Caporegime
Not quite as nice as programming the Clubsport pedals to begin to vibrate before the actual car in game locks its wheels :)

One thing I will say guys is that GT5 wont be half as good with a pad.Racing games are never the same once you get all those.

mr latte. its alright for some! for those without i still recommend the stress squeezer.

and yes whilst it is more enjoyable with pedals, theres also that sense of frustration that currently i would prob be quicker with a pad and crash less. too.

but having said that it does feel like a proper accomplishment to know that you actually 'drove' the car around the circuit properly and not just pinching the left and right buttons.

Soldato
mr latte. its alright for some! for those without i still recommend the stress squeezer.

and yes whilst it is more enjoyable with pedals, theres also that sense of frustration that currently i would prob be quicker with a pad and crash less. too.

but having said that it does feel like a proper accomplishment to know that you actually 'drove' the car around the circuit properly and not just pinching the left and right buttons.

Yes I remember once trying a sawed in half squash ball on the MS pedals.
Wasnt bad but I found gradually when I went to G25 then quality and performance from a wheel became more important to me, likewise many have.

Nothing at all wrong with starting with a DFGT although I dont recommend the cheaper FX for semi serious adults wanting to play the game.

Caporegime
well yea ideally id prefer a g25 or something veen better but as im a dousch who missed out on the deal last year and i cant justify like £200-300 plus seat setup.

no i agree the df gt seems like the only starting point really - i owuldnt go any lower down the pecking order its not worth saving £20-30 for a hobbled experience imo

Soldato
Indeed Nickg.

I wasnt trying to come across as a smart ass but hey those of us that have spent such money on Fanatecs etc well I guess from time to time we have boast of their nice features.

Still for any person considering spending hundreds of hours over the next year with driving games for them its maybe easier to justify such a large outlay on a wheel I guess. I could never go back to pad now though.

Soldato
I have played GT4 and that was fun but I am not sure if I should get GT5 because of the other driving games that are coming out :/

What other driving game is coming out that is like GT5? Only games i can see is a NFS game and the F1 game. As a side note wonder how driving the F1 cars in GT5 round the real circuit compares to the F1 2010 game?

Soldato
As I don't have the space for a wheel right now.....PS360 pad ordered :D Should be made and with me in about 2 weeks, excellent!! :D

GT5 just got a whole lot more exciting for me! :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Can i ask where from, much as i love my PS3 the pads do make my hands ache after a time. 360 pads dont. :)

Soldato
Anti, V_R, check trust, not sure if posting here is against OcUK T&C's!

Just looking around at editions (Feel much better about it knowing I won't be using the PS3 pad!) and the collector's edition is about the most I'm willing to spend @ £60, but is there no option of 2 of the carbon fibre race cars? I thought initial press releases said the CE would get 2 of the 8 and the "Ultimate" edition would have al 8? Maybe I'm missing something? All I can see is the chromeline cars which don't look worth an extra £20! :(

Back
Top Bottom