***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
Yes "Tim" a great car looks awesome in the GT Stealth carbon fibre.

Although no longer listed I checked some previous posts elsewhere and can confirm "large jungle"

Did previously list for UK:

Mazda 787B Stealth Model
McLaren F1 Stealth Model

Of course the traditional livery (green/orange) is also in the game as its in the PSP version.
No word on it being a "Premium Car" though.

Now imagine driving these in the dark at Le sarthe and in the rain, mmmmm

Last edited:
Soldato
Id expect those that get them will have or soon have review copies.

The official launch party begins in Madrid in another 14 days (26th October)
Also the review embargo is expected to be lifted possibly on that date.

Soldato
Ok I have cancelled my Collectors Edition because to me there not giving us anything that warrants the high price, especially compared to the usa edition. Is it only a*****.com, p***.com and h**.com that are giving away pre order codes for the standard edition?

Soldato
First footage of a Stealth car.

Engine audio seems to still have that weird hi pitch harmonic sound.
Yet some on GTP are raving about it being awesome, maybe its these crap speakers at work, mmmm...

Nice to see the dirt on the track dirty the car though and Laguna Secca looks nice...

Last edited:
Soldato
The stealth's are 6 custom tuned/painted cars. 2 are available by preordering the standard game from certain well known outlets. Or if you buy the signature edition for £150 you get all 6.

Soldato
Sounds like an F1 to me? Heard several racing in GT championships, they have a pretty high pitch more like an F1 car/mo bike (guess its the stupid high revs). The sound is in 5.1 in cockpit view you get the "in car" noise from the front and the engine/exhaust from the rear, perhaps with this being in stereo it looses some of this. As for F1 in rally? Why not its GT i cant wait to do some rallying in my VW camper.:D

Soldato
Well if Im not content with the audio......

One of these badboys (31 band EQ) will allow a bit of tweaking to the main engine audio sounds for the front stereo pair and connected to two transducer units will give a good stereo tactile feedback sensation. ;)

o5z6yq.png

If only the cockpit was close to being finished....

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like an F1 to me? Heard several racing in GT championships, they have a pretty high pitch more like an F1 car/mo bike (guess its the stupid high revs). The sound is in 5.1 in cockpit view you get the "in car" noise from the front and the engine/exhaust from the rear, perhaps with this being in stereo it looses some of this. As for F1 in rally? Why not its GT i cant wait to do some rallying in my VW camper.:D

It's not that it's high pitched thats the problem. It just sounds too digital but thats always been a problem with the GT series.

We can only dream of GTR sound effects.:(

Soldato
We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

We’ll have more information for you in the near future.

What the...:mad:

Link to official US PS blog

Soldato

So, the game has been delayed again. Why, why I am not surprised and I can see this game getting a lot of backlash, it will be ripped apart for even the smallest detail if this game doesn't get released this year..

Unless I'm reading the blog wrong, its looking to be released for the US thanks giving holidays? Which this year is Nov 25th.

I have to say, biggest joke ever in the games industry for missing launch dates.

Cause they could go down the codemasters route. Release the game anyhow, sod the problems and get the public to test and come back with what needs fixing... !! I joke, but its not funny.:(

Oh and I did post a few weeks back... OPM did call it, GT5 was going to be delayed.

Soldato
Fair enough really that they said they never had a firm release date, but now this really takes the pee when they delay it at the last minute.

I can handle how longs it's taken as I'm sure it will be truly awesome but this dissapoints SO much. I want it now :(

Back
Top Bottom