***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
Don't mind to be honest, gives me a good opportunity to give Fallout New Vegas the time it deserves, and if it's delayed until after xmas I might give the new Need For Speed game a go, which I was just going to leave. No big thing, only a game.

Soldato
A few weeks delay, wow after some have waited for years for this a month aint going to be a big deal. Have to lol at people who would rather have it a buggy game than a working one just for a few weeks extra to wait. Still its only the 2nd delay in its history, well 1st for PAL regions just gives mr more time to finish COD first of all lol.

Soldato
I think just one word is appropriate here:

LOL

That's what I think they're doing.. wish I could, booked some time off work for this too :(

3 weeks from release and it gets pulled, they better give a good reason, not the "we want it to be perfect" because after this amount of time if they can't get it right they might as well give up. This actually just increases my fear that it's going to be disappointing tbh..

Soldato
I think a Spring 2011 release is most likely. They would love a Christmas release, but delaying a November release for an extra paltry one month, I can't see it happening. You have the testing, localization and certification processes to go through.

Very disappointing and laughable. It is slowly becoming the Duke Nukem Forever of racing games. I would also think that Sony is getting rather irritated and thinking of handing out pink slips to the people at Polyphony Digital. Delays like this costs them money - lots of it.

Soldato
I think it probably has something to do with those damn hackers. Months ago they said it was ready and they were just finalising things. Sony are not gonna want to release it if it isnt 100% secure.

Associate
What on earth happened to Kaz and the game being at a point "where we can release it any time we want." That was back at E3 2009. So so many people looking forward to this game (myself included) and granted its only its first official delay but what on earth can warrant it being delayed this late after so much time has been spent on development? Too much time spent cramming in as many features as possible?

FFUUUUUUUUU! :D

Soldato
I think it probably has something to do with those damn hackers. Months ago they said it was ready and they were just finalising things. Sony are not gonna want to release it if it isnt 100% secure.

That's not it, the fix is widely available. Medal of Honor ships with firmware that disables it for example.

Soldato
We're dealing with Kazunori Yamauchi here. It's very unlikely to be a small delay :p

Oh come on, the game was 90% complete about last October
It has to be about 99.3 complete now.:D

Also no new date is kinda worrying. GT4 Japan release was delayed only a few weeks though from what I remember.

Associate
That pic made me lol :p

Gutted about the delay, but bearing in mind I've got like £400 worth of games pre ordered from 22/10 -7/11 then at least I have a bit time to play them!

Soldato

There was some speculation that this was close to going to print very close to when the PS3 exploit came about. In fact, I read on one forum that there was a leaked box art image of the game which stated it was compatible with firmware 3.30 and up. This would have been a disaster for Sony, as anything under 3.42 would have the ability to be used with the exploit and Jailbreak devices that hit the market during August to September.

It is quite possible that this has caused Sony to withdraw from going to print and patching the game with 3.42 from the outset. Remember, this is Sony's flagship game. Sony have gone to extreme lengths (have a google) Worldwide to tackle the Jailbreak devices. In one instance, they have tracked a member of the public down through a yahoo account who was merely hosting details about jailbreak devices let alone the actual resellers sites with devices for sale.

Soldato
not another delay. just release the damn game already! i think duke nukem forever will be released before this ever hits the shelves.

edit: lol at that pic^^

Back
Top Bottom