***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Permabanned
All this time, the crap, the tales, the non answered questions, the maybe's, the possibly's, the differences, what seems good, what seems not so good, damage modelling, premium cars, 3D, excuses for delays, show us beautiful cars, fancy trailers, night racing, nascar, rally, GT and classics, they tease us, tempt us, show one thing, confuse us with more, then when things seem good comes the final delay, yet after 5 years what do we have, little hints of features or content, more unkowns than knowns, still no release date, more confusion, more speculation.

In the history of gaming have we ever seen the like of it?

Those that buy into this perfectionist nonsense I say expect perfection, then expect to be disappointed, take it for what it is and how it compares to previous releases and other current titles.

I think I look forward to the release possibly more for the reasons that it ends all the wondering, the confusion and unkowns.
Maybe part of me is looking forward to that more than I am keen to play it.

wow you must be level headed, the amount you have posted and spent on hardware to play this game, I would be raging

Associate
Why can't they provide a release date?

What are people doing in terms of wheels? I can't part with £200 on a wheel so I think I'll pick up the Driving Force GT for £80. But then I need to attach it to a playseat or something - is there a cheaper alternative? (Other than a table..)

Soldato
Why can't they provide a release date?

What are people doing in terms of wheels? I can't part with £200 on a wheel so I think I'll pick up the Driving Force GT for £80. But then I need to attach it to a playseat or something - is there a cheaper alternative? (Other than a table..)

Just a wheelstandpro or similar and a normal chair would be the most cost-effective solution, the Playseats are awesome, but so difficult to store etc...

Personally, I have my consoles on the PC desk, all sharing a 28" Monitor, and just clamp the wheel to the PC desk, and it works out very well for me.. But then I'm lucky in having somewhere other then the front room to play games, I got fed up with sharing the TV with everyone else!

Soldato
wow you must be level headed, the amount you have posted and spent on hardware to play this game, I would be raging

Its a game, but like several here I bought the PS3 for, back then we expected it within a year or so after Prologue. If only we had known what a frustrating journey this turned out to be.

What good does getting angry do, I just want an end to all the suffering:p

Last edited:
Soldato
What makes you think he is level headed, hes been working on that GT5 Celebration Cockpit for ages, I bet hes taken an axe grinder and flamethrower to it by now :D

Its made from egg cartons, paper mache and tinfoil, with the odd Mc Donalds burger box for added styling. :D
You cant rush creativity like that...

Work has already began on my GT6 cockpit, lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
All this time, the crap, the tales, the non answered questions, the maybe's, the possibly's, the differences, what seems good, what seems not so good, damage modelling, premium cars, 3D, excuses for delays, show us beautiful cars, fancy trailers, night racing, nascar, rally, GT and classics, they tease us, tempt us, show one thing, confuse us with more, then when things seem good comes the final delay, yet after 5 years what do we have, little hints of features or content, more unkowns than knowns, still no release date, more confusion, more speculation.

In the history of gaming have we ever seen the like of it?

Those that buy into this perfectionist nonsense I say expect perfection, then expect to be disappointed, take it for what it is and how it compares to previous releases and other current titles.

I think I look forward to the release possibly more for the reasons that it ends all the wondering, the confusion and unkowns.
Maybe part of me is looking forward to that more than I am keen to play it.

Us PC gamers have been waiting for Duke Nukem Forever since 1995. Nineteen ninety-five. GT5 is a short wait by comparison.

Permabanned
Soldato
It makes it frustrating but more exciting. Still waiting on the final trailers/commericials and whatever they do with Kevin Butler.

Opening the packaging from this game is going to feel like a special occasion.
We should all throw parties... :)

Last edited:
Soldato
i can see them doing everything in their powers to get it out pre xmas as that will add to the already gauranteed massive sales.

i also wouldnt be too surprised if they introduced some sort of online pass similar to what ea are now doing.

Soldato
Just noticed that a website many of us use for game pre-orders seem to have put a release date on GT5, December 3rd (2010:p) . Pretty sure it wasnt there a few days ago, but this place gives you a £3 voucher if you dont get it on release day, so why put a date on if you dont know it and it may cost you money/reputation. Or is this the mythical new release date? Stay tuned to the next episode of when is GT5 coming out? :D

Back
Top Bottom