***The Official Guitar Thread***

I sold my first ever guitar the other week back to Guitar Guitar. Funny they rated it 4/5....I am the only owner from new and the guitar was played perhaps like 5 times, each time no more than 5mins since I got it...hence the first to go.

QEVvKvmh.jpg

Would you not have kept your first guitar @Raymond Lin? Then when you hit the big time, it could be worth a few bob ;)

Besides it being my first guitar, it has no other sentimental value and no emotional links to it like "I learn this song on that guitar"...because about 2 weeks after this I got a PRS and then went through a crazy guitar buying 12 months where I bought like 7 guitars.

I didn't lose much on it...would have been none at all if I had sold it privately. I paid £1050 and sold it to them for £800. But it is listed as £1600...

Last edited:
Besides it being my first guitar, it has no other sentimental value and no emotional links to it like "I learn this song on that guitar"...because about 2 weeks after this I got a PRS and then went through a crazy guitar buying 12 months where I bought like 7 guitars.

I didn't lose much on it...would have been none at all if I had sold it privately. I paid £1050 and sold it to them for £800. But it is listed as £1600...
That's one hell of a first guitar. Mine is a red Rockwood Strat copy that I bought for £170 and while it doesn't get played it still has some sentimental value as it is my first guitar.

When I finish my world tour I'll donate mine to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame :D

That's one hell of a first guitar. Mine is a red Rockwood Strat copy that I bought for £170 and while it doesn't get played it still has some sentimental value as it is my first guitar.

When I finish my world tour I'll donate mine to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame :D

Haha yes, I did that partly because I had this infatuation with the brand at the time and I thought I would buy 1 guitar to cover everything. Then I realise shortly I was mistaken hence getting other guitars like a Les Paul, Custom 24, tele....etc.

But I also knew a good brand will hold its value better so I lost not too dissimilar amount to a cheap £200 guitar that is now worthless and impossible to sell.

The HH is easy, that's a Humbucker pickup in the neck and bridge. The LRL, I'm less sure of. I know that IL stands for Indian Laurel, the wood type for the fingerboard, so maybe LRL is a variation on that?

In my opinion on pickup combinations, I would choose an S-S-HB, Single coil (neck), Single coil (middle) and a Humbucker for the bridge. This combination would offer you the widest range of tones, although it depends on what type of music you want to play.

S-S-HB Squire

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. Keep my options open that way.

I'm not in to anything heavy. I like country music lately, seeing Chris Stapleton later in the year :D very excited for that.

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. Keep my options open that way.

I'm not in to anything heavy. I like country music lately, seeing Chris Stapleton later in the year :D very excited for that.
If you're into county then maybe a Telecaster type guitar might be better. However, at this stage getting any guitar and learning to play is the priority.

Back
Top Bottom