The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Associate
How do you guys know/decide which cards to discard or keep at the start of a game? Guess it's dependent on class, but is there a general rule for each class?

Soldato
Surely you just try to discard any cards that are too high mana to play in the early to early-mid game... and hope they get replaced with lower cost cards you can use... no?

Associate
Pretty much what I have been doing, yes. Just wondered if anyone else did anything differently. For example, are there certain cards that are considered too powerful to risk not getting late game? Not sure.

Soldato
Well that'll teach me to pick Hunter in Arena.

Had possibly the worst selection of cards I've ever seen. Ended up with absolutely no synergy, random beast and murloc cards without buffs.

Went 0/3. Just gone in again with a Priest, up to 3/0 now.

Associate
The game isn't really pay to win. I would say it may be pay to catch up or make up for lack of skill. After all if you are good at card games or just this game then you can farm packs in Arena pretty much consistently with an approx 70%+ win rate. Anything over a 2:1 win ratio.

Two common misconceptions in newcomers is 1) A basic deck can't beat a Leg/Epic deck and 2) That everyone running decent cards has shelled out money for them. Most people have just earned them by being decent at the game and put time into it.

Associate
Just remembered i have a Beta invite for this, havent registered it yet, i might have to register it later and have a tinker!

I see what you did there!

20131014221221a0dlt3lphqc9cs6x.png

Associate
How do you guys know/decide which cards to discard or keep at the start of a game? Guess it's dependent on class, but is there a general rule for each class?

Depends on your deck IMO, on my pally I 95% always keep true silver champion just because its good for removal, the only time I don't keep it is if I'm first and my other cards are like 4+, but again it depends what class I'm against too.

Associate
Depends on your deck IMO, on my pally I 95% always keep true silver champion just because its good for removal, the only time I don't keep it is if I'm first and my other cards are like 4+, but again it depends what class I'm against too.

Yeah, I guess you are right. Comes with practice and learning the cards I assume.

Soldato
just remembered I have this beta invite thought it was spam but it was legit. Got it on 21/10 as well :(

Game is quite fun although how do you choose your starting race it just started for me with some woman called Jana ?

Do you have to play the opening 5 games first?

Associate
just remembered I have this beta invite thought it was spam but it was legit. Got it on 21/10 as well :(

Game is quite fun although how do you choose your starting race it just started for me with some woman called Jana ?

Do you have to play the opening 5 games first?

Yea, The best thing to do is "grind" vs AI all classes to level 10 so you get all the basic cards then take it from there.

Play against and beat all classes on normal and expert and I think you get something like 100 coins for doing it.

Associate
150g gone on a Rogue arena deck with 0 Assassinates, Backstabs, Eviscerates or Shivs, first time 0-3. :mad:
Stark contrast to my previous 9-3 Shaman run where 3 Rockbiters and a Windspeaker almost turned every game around for me, so hoping for that again!

Soldato
Yea, The best thing to do is "grind" vs AI all classes to level 10 so you get all the basic cards then take it from there.

Play against and beat all classes on normal and expert and I think you get something like 100 coins for doing it.

I wouldn't say grinding to level 10 against AI is a good idea. Beat them all once on normal and expert certainly to unlock everything and get the gold for it but you'd be far better going up against real players after that.

The basic decks for some characters just plain suck so you might be better off trying to make your own if you think you can.

Back
Top Bottom