The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Soldato
Nice! I am sat down at 19 ;) Just starting to get some decks that kind of nearly make sense... but I don't have the legendaries or dust to make all the extras that would really kick it on.

What is your deck built around... if you don't mind sharing?

Soldato
Nice work. Which deck are you using? I've still not really found any that I'm enjoying playing this expansion.

I used evolve shaman from 20-15, highlander priest from 15-10, evolve shaman from 10-5, highlander priest from 5-3 (lost a couple so back to 4)

Hoping to stick with priest now but about 50% of my games is against mage which isn’t a great matchup so I need to tech some counter for it. Secret eater and dirty rat id guess.

Normally I end the season at rank 8 so this end of the field is much different.

Soldato
I'm found zoo to be very good for me. Went from 20 to 10 with very little trouble but then I started getting bored (it happens a lot with hearthstone!). I was using the 2 drop that gives +1/+1 to all the minions in your deck (per Trump's deck).

I'm sure it could get to rank 5 and higher but I can't be bothered to put the time in.

Soldato
Nice! I am sat down at 19 ;) Just starting to get some decks that kind of nearly make sense... but I don't have the legendaries or dust to make all the extras that would really kick it on.

What is your deck built around... if you don't mind sharing?

Here are the 2 decks I’ve used from 20 (or wherever I started)

###Nzoth Highland
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Pint-Size Potion
# 1x (1) Potion of Madness
# 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
# 1x (3) Happy Ghoul
# 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Priest of the Feast
# 1x (4) Shadow Word: Horror
# 1x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAZ/HAh6QAuUE3gXtBckG0wrXCvIMoawC4KwCkrQCg7sCtbsCt7sC2LsC6L8C6r8C0cEC1cEC2cEC3MECm8ICz8cC5cwC5swCn84CoM4Cws4C8M8CkNMCAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Evolve
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Evolve
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 1x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Jinyu Waterspeaker
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 2x (5) Doppelgangster
# 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer
# 1x (5) Volcano
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 1x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (7) Jade Chieftain
#
AAECAaoICPUE7QXdugLmuwKUvQLHwQKmzgLrzwILgQT+BfqqAqC2Aoe8As+8AtG8Ava9Avm/ApvCApvLAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Soldato
I'm found zoo to be very good for me. Went from 20 to 10 with very little trouble but then I started getting bored (it happens a lot with hearthstone!). I was using the 2 drop that gives +1/+1 to all the minions in your deck (per Trump's deck).

I'm sure it could get to rank 5 and higher but I can't be bothered to put the time in.
Time is the biggest issue I normally face.

Even worse from rank 5 onwards as no win streak bonus. I’m sure i read it takes as many wins to go from 5-legend as it does to go from 25-5

Soldato
I got down to 15 with Truimp's Warrior Zoo with Prince Keleseth three nights ago.

Started again yesterday and the meta has moved, everyone I play is using super aggro rogues.

Probably to counter the aggro Warrior, is there an new super aggro rogue deck out there?

congrats on getting so high Joelk

Soldato
Time is the biggest issue I normally face.

Even worse from rank 5 onwards as no win streak bonus. I’m sure i read it takes as many wins to go from 5-legend as it does to go from 25-5

5 to legend is 25 stars. If you have a 60% win rate it thus takes 125 games to go from 5-0 to Legend. Depending on how streaky you are and how many you lose at the rank 10 floor, you can get from 10 to 5 with a minimum 24 games at the same win rate. If you get nothing but runs of 3 wins and 2 losses it will take 58 games.

Soldato
5 to legend is 25 stars. If you have a 60% win rate it thus takes 125 games to go from 5-0 to Legend. Depending on how streaky you are and how many you lose at the rank 10 floor, you can get from 10 to 5 with a minimum 24 games at the same win rate. If you get nothing but runs of 3 wins and 2 losses it will take 58 games.

Ok so I guess I’m not far off then. 25-5 would probs be around 125 games at same win rate.

Associate
is there an new super aggro rogue deck out there?

There's Tempo Rogue that runs cold bloods and Leeroy. I've been playing it a bit. It's good but it doesn't run much removal and is minion based. It's not as good now Zoo is on the rise. The match up is heavily dependent on having a good starting hand otherwise Zoo just out boards it too quickly.

Soldato
Keep getting to 4/5stars and losing to rank 5. So frustrating. Don’t think there will be any legend for me this season. Shame really. Closest I’ve ever got.

Associate
People tend to play more faster decks near the end of the season. You could try playing a second lightning storm? Should do well against Zoo, Rogue, Aggro druid and shaman.

Soldato
People tend to play more faster decks near the end of the season. You could try playing a second lightning storm? Should do well against Zoo, Rogue, Aggro druid and shaman.
It’s luck of the draw too. I had 5 games in a row lost where I had drawn 20+ cards and not pulled my DK

Soldato
Just played tavern brawl was down to 1 point and had an 11-9 hydra he had 8 points left, the guy top decks a weapon and smashes my hydra killing us both.... come on why not just let me have the pack .... some people huh ?

Permabanned
Whats this golden pack exactly?
I have prime so how do I get this?

it is a classic pack but every card is guaranteed to be golden.

Sign up for twitch, link amazon account to twitch, go in to twitch loot and click the golden pack, follow instructions to link twitch account to blizzard account, log in to hearthstone and open your pack.

Back
Top Bottom