*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

I think ive pertty much settled on getting a 10, contract prices seem so be on par or slighly cheaper than the S7, and quite a bit less than the S7 edge. for unlimited calls and text and 5GB+ 4G type contracts?
My 2 year vodafone contract (when I got my M8) was up for renewal and I got a 50% discount deal they were doing on a Unl/Unl/20GB deal for 20quid a month.

I have the option to upgrade again in another month or so, but leaning towards this phone as well but sim free and without any carrier bloat.

Really close too picking this up, it is between this and Samsung and the 10 having a USB type-c port thats USB 3.1, and has QC3.0 , and better/leaner software is a big plus.

It definitely has plus points. The software has to nicest implementation outside of stock Android. But that front button placement cannot be forgiven.

Quite like the home button on the front, never understood having the fingerprint reader on the back of the phone.Means you have to pick it up to do anything,rather than using it on a table ,desk if you have mucky paws.

I like the home button too and the matte finish contrasts nicely against the sheet of glass that adorns the front.

For me this is the complete package for a 2016 flagship and have pre ordered the device and I haven't been this excited for a phone in a long time. I'm glad I waited for this as opposed to going for the Galaxy devices.

Last edited:
Yeh sense version of Android tipped the table for me, plus the sticker theme thing is a nice touch.. sense is better than stock android imo, my m8 is great, m9 wasn't worth the incremental upgrade really, the only thing that let the m8 down was the camera, the front of the 10 looks a bit generic, but who cares when you are looking at tth screen, nno the bezel.. looks like it has high quality audio and headphones as expected (i don't care about loudspeaker) I'm pretty much sold!

Quite like the home button on the front, never understood having the fingerprint reader on the back of the phone.Means you have to pick it up to do anything,rather than using it on a table ,desk if you have mucky paws.

I'm on about how the FPS sensor is not centered.

Ultimately I would have have stereo front speakers and a FPS on the back.

Personally I'd rather they put fps on the back and have no physical front button, when I got my m8 I was dubious about a lack of physical button on the front, but now I'm used to it, it seems old fashioned.

But hey.. I'm getting one as the overall package suits me better than the competition.

But this phone doesn’t cost what the Nexus 6P does. It costs a whopping $200 more. HTC’s got a killer $500 phone here, and they’re shooting themselves in the foot by asking $700 for it.

Pretty much my opinion as well. A nice but priced too high.

I like the home button too and the matte finish contrasts nicely against the sheet of glass that adorns the front.

For me this is the complete package for a 2016 flagship and have pre ordered the device and I haven't been this excited for a phone in a long time. I'm glad I waited for this as opposed to going for the Galaxy devices.

Sums it all up for me:D

Out of contract on my M8 this month, but no IR blaster and £512 (direct from HTC).....great looking phone but those two thing are putting me off.

Still think I prefer this over the S7 though.

Yeh the S7 was never really a contender for me, expensive and touchwiz is pants.

My m8 contract is up early May so it was either this, the latest nexus or a cheaper hewiwe.

I think they've come up trumps, it ticks all my boxes, has some nice additions to sense, I really like the idea of your SD card being like an extension of on board storage rather than a seperate bucket, nice headphones /audio, nice looks.. Ok the S7 edge probably wins on looks, but I've had a play with one and the curved edge thing.. it's just a bit.. I dunno, gimmicky.

Another plus is the apparent lack of mass market new shiney appeal, so fingers crossed there won't be any stock shortages on release.

Back
Top Bottom