*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
wow, they do look rubbish in comparison.

Steady, they look a little more muted than the G5 and 6S, but half of that is down to the 6S's narrower lens and the other half down to the over-sharpening (that's rivalling the S7 for over-sharpening). On my calibrated monitor the exposure could do with a slight boost and a teeny bit more vibrance, but generally they look perfectly fine. :confused:

It would be good to see some low light shots, which is really the deciding factor in any half decent camera in any modern flagship. If they can nail that and they've got a cracking camera.

Soldato
Steady, they look a little more muted than the G5 and 6S, but half of that is down to the 6S's narrower lens and the other half down to the over-sharpening (that's rivalling the S7 for over-sharpening). On my calibrated monitor the exposure could do with a slight boost and a teeny bit more vibrance, but generally they look perfectly fine. :confused:

It would be good to see some low light shots, which is really the deciding factor in any half decent camera in any modern flagship. If they can nail that and they've got a cracking camera.

In all fairness I'm just a layman, but the guy sitting in front of the grass, the M10 makes out no details on the grass, the other two are just fine.

Soldato
In all fairness I'm just a layman, but the guy sitting in front of the grass, the M10 makes out no details on the grass, the other two are just fine.

The rice?

What about this? This was just 10 seconds in Photoshop sharpening (edging towards extreme for demonstration purposes) to show the detail there with slight tweak of levels to bring the colours out a little more. The corners are perfectly fine, particularly considering the wider lens than the 6S.

The camera is fine from what we've seen. The software could do with a tweak, but it's more natural than the 6S and G5 (and the S7). It's quite similar to the 6P, which is very much the most neutral camera on any smartphone I've seen. You'd be fine with any of those though (and a few others - Nexus 5X, Sony Z5 series and for the most part the Moto X Style/Play), and this is very much nitpicking. We need low light photos - those will show up how good a camera it is, not these ideally lit outdoor shots (the perfect light for a photo is cloud cover - it's a giant diffuser of harsh light).

Soldato
Soldato
As 'this is gay' said.. Lol edit.. The underline makes it look like a y.. I'm guessing it's a v!

All phones take decent snap shots in good conditions.. Low level light pictures seperate the men from the boys.
The m8 camera is a great snap shooter, but was pitiful in dark rooms or at night.

Last edited:
Soldato
The rice?

What about this? This was just 10 seconds in Photoshop sharpening (edging towards extreme for demonstration purposes) to show the detail there with slight tweak of levels to bring the colours out a little more. The corners are perfectly fine, particularly considering the wider lens than the 6S.

The camera is fine from what we've seen. The software could do with a tweak, but it's more natural than the 6S and G5 (and the S7). It's quite similar to the 6P, which is very much the most neutral camera on any smartphone I've seen. You'd be fine with any of those though (and a few others - Nexus 5X, Sony Z5 series and for the most part the Moto X Style/Play), and this is very much nitpicking. We need low light photos - those will show up how good a camera it is, not these ideally lit outdoor shots (the perfect light for a photo is cloud cover - it's a giant diffuser of harsh light).

Yep,

As I said, I'm a Layman. I don't even have photoshop or want to put my photos through photoshop. I just want to point and shoot without having to do any post processing, and I'm sure its the same for at least 80% of people and their phone cameras.

Soldato
As 'this is gay' said.. Lol edit.. The underline makes it look like a y.. I'm guessing it's a v!

Get with the times and use the OcUK black theme. :p

Yep,

As I said, I'm a Layman. I don't even have photoshop or want to put my photos through photoshop. I just want to point and shoot without having to do any post processing, and I'm sure its the same for at least 80% of people and their phone cameras.

Like I said it's software, and hopefully pre-release software at that - there might even be a setting in the camera app to change it automatically. The concern is that as it's HTC it's always going to promise more than it delivers.

Though it's perfectly fine - it looks very much like the 6P in terms of not overdoing it on the processing front. It's natural but that makes it look less punchy - it's down to what you want.

Soldato
Yep,

I completely agree, I want the phone to take the picture not have to touch it up.

Soldato
Yep,

So you want perfect pictures straight from a camera, so does every wedding photographer with their DSLR's :p

Last edited:
Associate
Me too. I'm personally hoping for 2 things;

1 - The camera is at least as good as the S7 :cool:

2 - That Very start stocking it so can use their 20% code ;) :p

I've been checking their website non stop for the past two days:rolleyes:
No sign of it yet.

Thankfully the Very offer doesnt end until May 31st.

But I want the 10 asap, so it better show up sometime soon.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom