*** The official HTC One S thread ***

I'd say ~2 hours of iPlayer (CPU video decode over 3g/wifi) and Google maps (on a bright day) is actually quite good! None of my older phones could realistically do that... (Wouldn't even bother to attempt that on a Desire :p)

Battery life isn't 'next gen' but it's one of the few smartphones that can last a good day under most scenarios. We're still waiting for a OEM to fully focus on efficiency, the Razr Maxx gets close but it has a 45nm SoC and power sucking OLED.

Currently sitting at work with no signal at all. I get bars at home and out and about whenever I look.

I was talking rubbish about 'heavy' iPlayer and maps usage. I think it was 10mins on maps and 15mibs in iPlayer over 3g. Hmn.

NFC? meh! :p I just wish our One S had the same epic graphics performance as the godlike SGS3 :(

Oh wait! :D:cool:

49100.png

Yeah, Anadtech have an old T-Mobile One S that's under performing a little bit, older drivers maybe? The SGS3 doesn't have that stupid black settings bar reducing res, which explains the slightly lower fps.

Performance (up to a certain point) is meh. ;)

Just keeping it real! We don't want Samsung becoming so popular they turn into Sony after 5 years :p

I wonder if the iPhone 5 next month will beat it? Will be interesting.

They have a habit of using overpowered GPU's! :p

That depends on when Apple decides to introduce openGL ES 3.0 to iOS.
They'll probably wait for the next iPad for that, either way a clocked 32nm A5 will be enough for current ES 2 games (like the S4 and Exynos 4412)

(openGL ES 3.0 = lots of new effects that puts mobile gaming on par with current consoles and DX9/10 PC games)

Looks like the S most likely does support NFC!

With the first video I thought he might have just been using firefox/chrome to phone (had some other guy click on the button whilst he held the phone and camera :p) but no idea how he could fake that stuff above.

Hmn it'd be nice bit I think I'll just wait and see before getting excited!

btw, has anyone 'calibrated' their battery? Is it nonsense?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-s/174458-how-calibrate-battery.html

edit: I ran my battery down last night. 1 day 2hrs usage, 3hrs22mins screentime. But according to BBS for 21hrs of that I had "no or unknown signal"? :confused:

moderate signal for 3hrs and good signal for 1hr :confused:

Last edited:
Hmm, haven't tried that.

Might give it a try. But can't say that I have had any problems with the battery/readings etc. seems to be perfect the amount that it drops etc. only drops a bit quicker when I hit 15%.

:confused:

What does it say according to the default android battery reading for signal etc.?

Hmn didn't get a screenshot of that yesterday but from the last pics I had saved I've got one that says 2% of time without a signal and another that says 6% of time without a signal. I think I've seen it say 8% too.

Just in case it helps. Here are my details on latest charge. To be fair, its been a quiet couple of days. Time without signal = 0% (Forgot that screen) FWIW, My signal is quite weak at work.

phone.png

Last edited:
FWIW too;

I have my wifi always on, but not 3G etc.

I can't say I am wrapped up in this 'measurement' lark, but I personally am impressed with my O.S battery life so far.

It's definitely better than my arc, and I purposely had that £g and Wifi always off unless I actually needed it on.

Unless you directly compare it to your old phone time on etc etc, then I suspect you are over critical.

One thing I have noticed sometimes - when awakened from overnight, my wifi will report no bar signal strength, yet wifi analyzer will show great signal.
It only seems to show properly if I turn wifi off/on.
A rom bug ?

Back
Top Bottom