*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Yup pretty much :)

I think phones4U and 3 might be still stocking some S4 versions, iirc some guy ordered a one s from both and when they arrived they were both S4 ones, this would have been about a week or 2 ago iirc.

Grey has been around for as long as the black model.

And yup, the newer ones are the S3 versions thus much less desirable and yup again :p:

- due to supply/demand
- Samsung buying the last of it for their USA GS 3
- costs more
- one S isn't popular enough

Due to the amount of S3 one S's floating around in the UK now, I am using the diztronic case again, just not worth it if I drop the mobile and the screen cracks or something else goes wrong and then I end up having to send away and get a S3 version back :(

Question to all in here really - can anyone recommend a good source for themes, or a good black theme for the stock phone? I'm not interested in rooting etc, but would like to have some minimalist black theme ideally.

Cheers.

What's the best way to check if my model is s3 or s4 chip? The box says s4 but there must be some app that shows the cpu id or something? I tried a couple but wasn't sure what was what :p

quadrant standard edition app and then check for CPU clock speed, S4 is 1.5GHz and S3 is 1.7GHz

Regarding the 4.0.4 update, the X is now being reported to get the update (unbranded/unlocked phones) so hoping it shouldn't be too long, rather annoying though as people with the one S have been getting this update for like the last month or 2 if they unlocked their bootloader etc.

If we don't get it any time soon, going to be rooting!

EDIT:

Just been looking at some of your photos there scam, they are great! Nice job! :cool:

Last edited:
Something seriously weird happened earlier. The area of my touchscreen that would be the bottom half of the right hand side of the SwiftKey space bar stopped working completely. Couldn't open app draw or sms unless I made sure to click directly in the centre of the image. After ******** myself for a while I decided to restart my phone and it fixed it :confused: thought it might have been down to the heat but all seems well now. Crisis averted :o

argh that sucks then regarding the s3/s4 - shame I ordered that diztronic case! guess I cant send it back with it being through ebay and from that american seller or w/e you recommended?

Probably going to get the huwei 300 as a temp

Something seriously weird happened earlier. The area of my touchscreen that would be the bottom half of the right hand side of the SwiftKey space bar stopped working completely. Couldn't open app draw or sms unless I made sure to click directly in the centre of the image. After ******** myself for a while I decided to restart my phone and it fixed it :confused: thought it might have been down to the heat but all seems well now. Crisis averted :o

i keep getting touch screen weirdness with mine... most of the time, restarting the app/phone will fix it; gta 3 won't work properly with more than 1 finger on the screen unless i restart the phone and load the game up straight away!

hopefully the 4.1 update will sort this out, cos it's ****ing me off!

Currently rocking 8% battery. 22hrs on battery, 1hr 38mins screentime. Had some fairly heavy iPlayer and Maps usage whilst out and about yesterday though. Can't say I'm convinced with this battery, still :(

You still got a weak signal scam?

I don't really use GPS at all apart from the weather updating every 2 hours and if I am looking for something near by for a few minutes, so can't comment. But it is also a big battery drainer for all phones.

I still got 4 hours screen time on the way down to France using my phone as a satnav with gps enabled for almost all of that and a bit of music /Facebook while stuck in traffic

Not lasting a full day while I'm at this house though if I want more than 2-3 hours screen time as I constantly lose wifi and network connection multiple times an hour :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom