*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Haven't done one of these in a while :p Still performing! ~3 hours of MX player an hour of browsing and an hour of games. Took a few pics as well. Dunno what was going on with the wifi this morning, router kept restarting every few minutes for no reason.

2012-08-27_10-15-27%20copy.JPG

That little speck of charge was literally 1 minute while i copied something over this morning.

Ok guys so after many calls to T-mobile I have finally managed to get something that I want plan and price wise

I was originally on 18 Months with 900 mins unlimited texts and unlimited data for £33pm

I am now on 18 months with 600 mins (inc calls to voicemail and other 08 numbers) Unlimited texts and unlimited data for £30pm with a free handset (One S)

This is exactaly what I wanted so I am really happy.

Now I am sure that I read that I need to get a handset that has the newer processor in it how do I check this? I will be picking the handset up this lunchtime!

^ If anyone has S4 stock it'll be T-Mobile. :)

My HOS is looking quite tatty now :(

The oxidised layer is flaking on every edge, even next to the plastic bezel (which is now chipped and rough to the touch)
And this batch of Gorilla glass is the worst I've seen, it's scratching like a *****!

7879372916_5cbd466d7d.jpg

(This all came from occasionally mixing the phone with keys in my pocket btw)

I was actually reading on xda this morning about how the "gorilla glass" on the one s (and probably other htc phones) isn't actually gorilla glass and is instead an inhouse version they produced themselves. May or maynot be total bs.

That's pretty poor with it flaking all over. Mine hasn't got any worse since day 3 of having this one when i started putting it in my pocket bottom end first. I have tried to keep key mixing to a minimum though.

^ If anyone has S4 stock it'll be T-Mobile. :)

My HOS is looking quite tatty now :(

The oxidised layer is flaking on every edge, even next to the plastic bezel (which is now chipped and rough to the touch)
And this batch of Gorilla glass is the worst I've seen, it's scratching like a *****!

(This all came from occasionally mixing the phone with keys in my pocket btw)

Same here mate. Last time I take advise from my friend saying Glass doesn't scratch :) I'll deffo use a screen protector on my next phone.

Wow! :eek: That is bad! Why on earth would you mix your keys with your mobile in the same pocket especially given how easy the One S chips!?!?!

Mine is still in perfect condition apart from around the USB port insides, no chip marks anywhere, I was using the diztronic case a while ago and still do on certain occasions, but it is off for the majority of the time, HTC have done too good of a job regarding the feel and how comfortable the S is to hold and it is something, which you can't miss out on :p :o

Yeah I seen that thread as well skillmister, however, as usual the majority of people think that gorilla glass is completely scratch proof (doesn't help that the one S sub-forum seems to be full of idiots as well...... well the majority of XDA is full of idiots anyway :o :p)and when they get a scratch on the gorilla glass, they jump to the conclusion that it isn't gorilla glass or some really cheaply made gorilla glass or something, little do they realise how easy it can scratch, no point whatsoever of these videos where people take a knife/key etc. to the screen as the gorilla glass is fine against that, however, it is useless against grid/sand, which is in more places than you would think, particularly your pockets, only takes one tiny piece and a bit of force to scratch the screen, same for all phones and that is why screen protectors are great! :D :p Some phones do appear to be weaker than others i.e. the GS 3 screen, but I think that is cause they made it thinner but at the same time it also became weaker despite what Samsung saying "same toughness, just thinner" :p

At the end of the day, I can guarantee that every phone, which has "gorilla glass" has had at least a few people complaining about scratches and it also comes down to luck and how careful you are with the device.

Last edited:
Last time I take advise from my friend saying Glass doesn't scratch :) I'll deffo use a screen protector on my next phone.

Yep, Corning messed up with this design tbh. It has similar scratch resistance to a phone from 2006/2007. Maybe they pushed the thinness/hardness characteristics too much this time?

Why on earth would you mix your keys with your mobile in the same pocket especially given how easy the One S chips!?!?!

I'd prefer a tatty finish than mess about with cases or worry about which pocket to keep it in. It's only a phone :p

It doesn't exactly require much effort to separate your keys etc. and your phone! :p

Pfft, phones should be tough enough to be kept with keys :p

Overall design/built quality is still brilliant btw! It's just cosmetic and HTC aren't to blame for GG2 being more scratchy. (They should use Asahi dragontrail on the refresh! That's miles better than GG2)

Probably, it's certainly different from 2010 GG (thinner with slightly different performance characteristics. Much more small/thin scratches but less big ones) The HOX uses it too.

Back
Top Bottom