*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Just plugged my phone in to copy a file over, unplugged and noticed it dropped from 35% to 9% battery :confused: Checked in settings and wtf?!?

IT8Qy.png
TfnaS.png

Notice how the screen wasnt even on when it was sloping down after that first "charge"

Last edited:
I'm relieved to see it's not just me who takes an obscene amount of cat pictures. :D

Also, I want to 'sarge' my phone, it looks so good!

Has anyone used google navigation via bluetooth in the car with this phone?

Using bluetooth in the car, the phone works fine, and I can play my music from the phone in the car. But I cannot get voice instructions from the nav to work. If I unpair the phone from the car, the voice prompts work fine on the phone. As soon as the phone is paired with the car, the voice prompts stop on the phone, but don`t come through my car speakers. Do I need to do anything, or is this kind of thing specific to the bluetooth system in the car. Its a Seat Leon so I presume it will be a VAG system of some kind.

*edit*

Further investigations this morning.
What I have found is that when playing music, the BeatsAudio icon appears in the notification bar, and a new option appears on my car stereo. "BT-Audio".
When I start Google Nav, the beats audio icon appears briefly, but then disappears. I then don`t get the option for "BT-Audio" on the stereo.

Last edited:
Right...just booked my phone in again for HTC to have a look at the screen and my red tint issue. Compared it to a few one S phones over the weekend and mine is definitely a severe case of red tint.

Fingers crossed HTC replace the screen/phone for one with a decent screen! I've done some research and seems the S3 chipped phones aren't being sold in the UK so should be ok on that front!

Does anyone have issues with call quality? I'm thinking of sending my One S back and getting a One X or S3. This is my second handset and whilst it's not completely awful like the last One S I had the audio is considerably worse than on my old HTC magic.

@Ravster

Are you sure about that (the S3 not being sold in the UK at all)? Pretty sure a few people did get a S3 version when they received theirs like a month or so ago, think it might have been from amazon, even if it states on their website that it is the S4 CPU. Should make it clear to HTC that you want to keep the S4 CPU and won't be happy if they give you another handset, which is using the S3 as you wanted the S due to the S4 etc. just to be on the safe side :p

@jmhduck

Audio quality or/and signal quality through the loud speaker and/or ear piece of the phone?

Audio sounds great on mine through both, maybe a wee bit too loud and thus a bit distorted when the loud speaker is active though, probably could be fixed by reducing the volume but very rarely use it :p

Same for signal, mine is good, although it isn't very consistent.

Right...just booked my phone in again for HTC to have a look at the screen and my red tint issue. Compared it to a few one S phones over the weekend and mine is definitely a severe case of red tint.

Fingers crossed HTC replace the screen/phone for one with a decent screen! I've done some research and seems the S3 chipped phones aren't being sold in the UK so should be ok on that front!

Not sure where you got that info from, there are plenty of UK people in this thread with the S3!

:confused:

2012-09-10_19-14-07.png
2012-09-10_19-14-16.png
2012-09-10_19-14-21.png

2012-09-10_19-18-53.png
2012-09-10_19-19-11.png

What's going on?!

Hmm, the TPD process is very high! I have had that happen twice (although not quite as bad), I just restart the phone when that happens and it seems to solve the problem.

Any one got any idea what that process is yet?

EDIT:

Yeah, the suspend_backoff is exceptionally high.

Last edited:
Not sure where you got that info from, there are plenty of UK people in this thread with the S3!

:O .... :(

I read that the UK, US, Taiwan and Japan markets would still be shipped S4 only...

Damn this is a predicament. I suppose I can handle keeping the phone on a high brightness, sacrifice battery life and avoid red screen. Its just annoying knowing your handset isn't as perfect and fully featured as it should be.

@Ravster

Are you sure about that (the S3 not being sold in the UK at all)? Pretty sure a few people did get a S3 version when they received theirs like a month or so ago, think it might have been from amazon, even if it states on their website that it is the S4 CPU. Should make it clear to HTC that you want to keep the S4 CPU and won't be happy if they give you another handset, which is using the S3 as you wanted the S due to the S4 etc. just to be on the safe side :p

Nexus, good advice mate, will specify that. Is there a way/app that will tell me which CPU is in the device?

Quadrant standard benchmark app from the market. Have a look at system/hardware info. section, CPU speed:

S4 = 1.5GHz
S3 = 1.7GHz

Yup, if you tell them about the CPU etc. they should make sure that you get to keep the S4 version and if you do get the S3 back then you have every right to get a full refund or to get another new model with the S4 due to said reasons.

If there is only a problem with the screen though, then I think they will just replace the screen rather than give you a brand new one, generally that is what happens with refurbishments, they would replace the chassis, battery and screen and leave everything else as it is (well I think that is the case with "3" anyway)

Back
Top Bottom