*** The official HTC One S thread ***

This update is taking way too long - HTC now has to considered as a **** software updater :p

All I want is the menu button to be sorted out - I simple patch from HTC would have done it!

Yeah, no idea why they are taking so long with this update for the UK, the UK X devices got it 2 weeks after Europe one X devices got it.....

This will be my last HTC device (excluding nexus devices made by HTC) due to lack of support/priority so far (even the X isn't getting as much support/attention as it should be), as I said before such a shame as the device itself is superb. I seriously hope that it is just because HTC are updating other devices to ICS and once that is done, hopefully will see more updates and at a much quicker rate.

For me it is mainly the 3 dot menu button tweak, supposedly much better signal for both voice reception and mobile data signal (curious to see if my speeds increase or/and ping decreases as it did for another guy), even better wifi performance, camera UI tweaks.

Quadrant standard benchmark app from the market. Have a look at system/hardware info. section, CPU speed:

S4 = 1.5GHz
S3 = 1.7GHz

Yup, if you tell them about the CPU etc. they should make sure that you get to keep the S4 version and if you do get the S3 back then you have every right to get a full refund or to get another new model with the S4 due to said reasons.

If there is only a problem with the screen though, then I think they will just replace the screen rather than give you a brand new one, generally that is what happens with refurbishments, they would replace the chassis, battery and screen and leave everything else as it is (well I think that is the case with "3" anyway)

Let's hope it's just a screen replacement!

Sent it off to HTC today, fingers crossed!

OK so i have determined wi-fi or something to do with wi-fi is crushing my battery life. Odd because i'm 99% sure i didn't change anything/install anything the day(s) before it started happening.

Turned wi-fi off all day while i was out: (~25 mins screen on time- lost 16% charge in nearly 12 hours)
2012-09-11_18-17-53.png
2012-09-11_18-18-19.png

After being back for an hour with wi-fi on: (dropped 6% already)
2012-09-11_19-15-53.png

Nope. Our router is utter **** though, internet drops out multiple times a day and requires a a restart but it's been like that since day 1 of me getting the phone and only started playing up now :/

Going to have a bit of an app clearout and see if i think of anything strange.

This will be my last HTC device

Yup, screw UI skins! I'll be getting a Nexus next! HTC can still build it though... :p A One S is raw aluminium is the utter dogs! :cool:

7977511037_87f8d58d20.jpg

The drilled ear piece section is stunning.

7977509699_a5d8f3d901.jpg

I've just started on the camera surround :eek:

7977511174_9dfa513e43.jpg

Compared to 1st gen aluminium iPhone, it's quite similar but the HOS is super skinny with those beautiful curves.
(The leaked 6th gen will be the first iPhone to improve the OG design imo)

Yeah I always think the same as well, although quite like the white one X, but would never own one myself.

Really like what sarge has done though, the finish and then the combination of the black plastic parts on the back make it look extremely cool :D :p

After reading a whole lot of horror stories about non-repairs on unlocked HTC devices, and S3s being returned instead of S4s, I was a little apprehensious when I sent my One S off for repair. (Microphone died to a nasty howl)

Returned today, and the microphone, case and screen have been replaced.
Not the new case version (I don't think), although the top ridge feels a little smoother. Appears to be the same board & CPU.

Software was also either factory reset or reflashed (Sent and returned with a clean 2.31 RUU software version, but turned up on the inital setup), but oddly enough the bootloader remains on relocked, and neither of my unlock tokens worked (SuperCID and normal), so something's changed.

All in all happy with the experience :)

-Leezer-

hehe :D

I was reading those threads in the dark corner of the forum today just to see what is being said about the iphone 5 etc. but stopped about 2 hours ago.

As you are well aware probably, I try to avoid those sub forums as much as possible and even more when it comes to posting in them :p

All I will say is clueless person, is clueless :D Sarge will handle him with ease, he will chew him up and spit him back out in no time :D :p

Yeah I always think the same as well, although quite like the white one X, but would never own one myself.

Really like what sarge has done though, the finish and then the combination of the black plastic parts on the back make it look extremely cool :D :p

A customer at work has a One S .... its so... nice to hold compared to the galaxy S3! :(

Help!

Back
Top Bottom