*** The official HTC One S thread ***

You're catching me up!

Robbo's posts per day - 23.51
Nexus18's posts per day - 4.17

Robbo's total posts - 31,831
Nexus18's total posts - 5,001

Still a fair bit to go! I might just hit 30,000 posts by 2015 if I post a bit more often :p

I am after my moustache now! :D :p

I never use it either really, was just trying out skype with my dad last night and the difference was night and day :o I suppose in theory you could just turn the phone round and use the back camera so long as you don't care about seeing the other person :p

Yeah:
One S - VGA
S3 - 1.9MP
Nexus - 1.3MP
One X - 1.3MP

Shame really, but i suppose that's the whole problem with them releasing 3 phones :mad:
As above audio is excellent.

Congrats :p

Hmm not a bad idea that :p

not that it matters much its more sensor quality over mpx :)

Indeed!

Last edited:
Taken from XDA regarding the 4.0.4 update!

Hi Guys!

Great news!

My One S, stock, locked, non-rooted (Three UK) have just got update: 2.38.771.5.

I just placed my mobile on the charger so will try later.

Spam those "check now" buttons people! :p :D

stuck between getting this or the lumia 920 when its released... :/ any ideas on which one would be better? bearing in mind, 4g doesn't really interest me.

stuck between getting this or the lumia 920 when its released... :/ any ideas on which one would be better? bearing in mind, 4g doesn't really interest me.

Will largely come down to the software and only you can decide on that.

Also still too early to tell, need to wait till we get final reviews.

But in terms of specs and what will be pretty much guaranteed:

Lumia 920:

- better screen
- a better camera

HTC one S:

- IMO software is much better :p
- design and build/perceived quality
- much lighter, lumia is way too heavy!

Can't really judge the battery life, but lumia is using same S4 chipset and has a bigger battery but a bigger/higher res. screen, which might be more power consuming than AMOLED based screens, won't know for sure. Plus will come down to how well the drivers/software is optimized.

Performance should be more or less the same, although windows devices are usually smoother and quicker (wait till we get jellybean though :p)

YAY! Won't see my bro till Thursday so let's hope it's out by then :p

Nexus - just check for the update you wuss - install it later :p

Hmm suppose......... checking :p

DAMN! No updates! :mad: :(

EDIT:

DAMN you FuriousGeorge!!!!!! :(

:p

thanks for the informative post! they're both running 1.5 krait's. so i think performance will be almost the same? i think i've pretty much decided on which one to get. (envirofoned my iphone 4s for the 5... but it was a bit of a let down. fancied a change in OS anyways ;) )

thanks for the informative post! they're both running 1.5 krait's. so i think performance will be almost the same? i think i've pretty much decided on which one to get. (envirofoned my iphone 4s for the 5... but it was a bit of a let down. fancied a change in OS anyways ;) )

No problem :)

Yeah in terms of quick/snappiness/instant speed :p, they should feel more or less the same but due to the animations etc. the windows device will appear smoother a bit like when you compare the S to the GS 3 and especially the GN on jellybean.

If you're a bit bored of iOS, then you might find windows 8 a bit boring as well after a month :p

Which one is that then? :p

Last edited:
well, in the meantime ive been using a nokia 710.... and im not really feeling windows phone at all. yeah its snappy, nice and easy to use. but i find it odd, that programs don't run in the background? so if you open facebook, it reloads the app every time :/

i've decided on the one S. unless there's anything better just round the corner that i've overlooked :p jellybean is due anytime now for the S?

If you don't like Windows Phone why were you considering the 920?!

It should be noted the 710 isn't a fair reflection of Windows Phone 8 (which will be on the 920), WP8 should be a lot better - it certainly looks good.

It should be noted the 710 isn't a fair reflection of Windows Phone 8 (which will be on the 920), WP8 should be a lot better - it certainly looks good.

well, thats what i mean :p i've been using windows 7.5 for about 2 days now.

and was thinking, that 8 would be a lot better. thats why i was considering it. as i've read up that there a lot of improvement over 7.5

well, thats what i mean :p i've been using windows 7.5 for about 2 days now.

and was thinking, that 8 would be a lot better. thats why i was considering it. as i've read up that there a lot of improvement over 7.5

Perhaps hold fire, try a 920, see what you think and then if you aren't impressed, get the One S.

Awesome.

Updated phone. Phone did not physically move during the entire downloading process, where it had 0-1 bars of signal.

Post update it no has no signal.

Stupid One S.

Good improvement. :p

headexplosion.gif

One S it is lol! no point considering windows phone if you don't like your current one :)

Back
Top Bottom