*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Slow motion HD video recording and higher res but similar size screens would be nice. You're right though until we have another major breakthrough in tech what else can be added..? There's a limit to how many other hardware systems your phone can replace

Yeah would love for HD slow motion recording!

There was an article or something on why HTC didn't provide the option to have HD slow motion recording. iirc something to do with not being able to maintain 120FPS, can't remember exactly, will have to look for it again.

The next best thing is hologram display :D :D :D

So HTC have come back to me claiming the screen is tinted red due to damage caused by the user and want to charge £145, or £25 to return the phone!!! This is absolutely ridiculous. The part is apparently "VILLE RTV MB HUT GBR ENGL BLK"...whatever that is...

Absolutely joke, this will be the first and last HTC I own.

That is disgraceful! :mad:

I would write an email to someone higher up expressing your disappointment/anger and how you will never buy another HTC device due to terrible support. also mention that you will make sure that a number of people know about how poorly you have been treated across a number of social sites.

EDIT:

Of course that is assuming you haven't actually done any form of damage i.e. displaying a red background for a long time etc. :p

Last edited:
Obe
Nice :cool: Did you get the newer black model regarding design? The top and side edges should be very smooth and the USB port bevelled, where as with the older design, a bit sharper edges and the USB port is flat.

Yup, I am no longer expecting much from smart phones now either, we have hit the point where the hardware is superb and overkill for pretty much every task now, the only things left that can be improved is the screens (sort of hit the point where they are superb though i.e. the X and GS 3 and can only increase the res.), battery life and camera (again the GS 3, S/X etc. cameras are already excellent, video recording could be much better though) and of course software.

I can't see whether I got a redesign. The case feels smooth but I can't see a bevel on the case of the phone. Do you have any links showing what I can check for?

In all honestly, mum won't worry about chipping.

I am somewhat concerned about the home button problems xda members seem to be having. It is bizarre that recent generations of phones have had such reliability issues. My hero was a tank, my gs2 is great. The optimus 2x was a shocker, the one x has problems, as does the one s seemingly.

So HTC have come back to me claiming the screen is tinted red due to damage caused by the user and want to charge £145, or £25 to return the phone!!! This is absolutely ridiculous. The part is apparently "VILLE RTV MB HUT GBR ENGL BLK"...whatever that is...

Absolutely joke, this will be the first and last HTC I own.

Is this HTC or a repair company engaged by HTC? Sony ericsson 's repair companies that were subcontracted in used to try that. I went mental down the phone to an SE manager and he sorted it all out.

Obe

I can't see whether I got a redesign. The case feels smooth but I can't see a bevel on the case of the phone. Do you have any links showing what I can check for?

In all honestly, mum won't worry about chipping.

I am somewhat concerned about the home button problems xda members seem to be having. It is bizarre that recent generations of phones have had such reliability issues. My hero was a tank, my gs2 is great. The optimus 2x was a shocker, the one x has problems, as does the one s seemingly.

Yup, fluttershy comparing his old designed one S to the new designed S:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22260792&postcount=1394

I and every one else here haven't encountered those issues, never have had a problem, I think only one person did and that was Jabbs, iirc he said it only happened when he used an o2 SIM card (as said above I am on o2 and have never had the touch button issue)

Thanks for this: I defo have the old one.

Having said that, given mum literally throw her phone around, this will be going in a tough mate case. It is a really lovely feeling phone though.

No problem :)

Yup, a case mate tough is necessary for owners like that! :p

I did have one at the start then moved onto a few other cases but have gone "caseless" for the last few months now as the feel/minimal design is just too good to miss out on :p

Is this HTC or a repair company engaged by HTC? Sony ericsson 's repair companies that were subcontracted in used to try that. I went mental down the phone to an SE manager and he sorted it all out.

That is disgraceful! :mad:

I would write an email to someone higher up expressing your disappointment/anger and how you will never buy another HTC device due to terrible support. also mention that you will make sure that a number of people know about how poorly you have been treated across a number of social sites.

EDIT:

Of course that is assuming you haven't actually done any form of damage i.e. displaying a red background for a long time etc. :p

Its the warranty service number on the official HTC site, but I'm sure its a repair centre of sorts. I will go insane tomorrow. There is no way I am paying to have my phone back, and there is no way on earth that you can blame a screen tint on user damage.

Nexus, promise mate no stupid red screens or anything, the screen only tints red significantly below 50% brightness, there is no way that has anything to do with the user. Not to mention the fact the phone is in absolutely pristine condition.

Now that they've acknowledged theres something wrong, they should fix it free of charge, thats what I would expect given the fact that there is no way a tint on a screen is down to me.

If not I'll demand it back free of charge and try my hand at returning it to CEX,if that fails I'll ebay it, but suffice to say I will never be buying HTC again if thats the case.

Yeah, just go absolutely insane at them tomorrow and as I said contact people higher up than them and get the name of the person, his ID number or whatever and include his name in the email and let that person know that you will be complaining about his poor service to you

http://consumerist.com/2010/05/reach-htc-executives.html

Will do. Thanks for the link as well, absolutely incredible that those are available publicly!

I will raise it up the chain, for the fact they are charging for a manufacturing defect and now they are holding my phone hostage.

Any recommendations on public forums like "watchdog" to namedrop as part of the complaint?

Yup, mention watchdog and just mention that you will be making every other social site like these forums etc. aware of the very poor support that HTC provide.

Might all seem a bit over the top, but when you threaten harming a company's image or revealing how poor they are especially in such an important area, then they will listen and actually do something (well they should anyway)

Good luck with the HTC repair centre. I fell foul to them with my HTC desire, then the Desire HD they sent me in its place, and finally the HTC sensation they sent me.

No less than ten return trips with my HTC desire which they tried charging me for.

I went potty so they sent me a desire hd as an 'upgrade' which arrived with the camera surround hanging out of the back, no battery or sim card cover.

They picked this up, and then sent it back two days later in the same state with no fault found.

This resulted in two weeks without a phone at all and finally a HTC sensation being sent out which had awful signal anywhere. Their offer to me "return it to the repair centre sir"

No thanks - off to ebay it went and I got myself an apple

Just sent this via the complaints process

As a first time HTC customer I am shocked, appalled and disappointed by the quality of my device and service I have received from HTC.

Having recently purchased a HTC One S, I suffered from the casing paint chip build quality flaw that affected users worldwide. I raised a service ticket with the warranty repair centre and a week later received my device back with a new casing.

Following this, I had long suspected I had a flawed screen as the screen was tinted red and the tint became more and more severe as brightness was reduced below 50% (to compensate for battery life). I had an opportunity to compare my phone to two other HTC One S devices and was alarmed when I saw that the other devices remained white throughout the range of brightness.

After discovering I had a genuinely flawed screen I called in to HTC and was subsequently advised I clearly had a faulty phone and I should send it in for repair under the warranty terms. I raised a ticket, sent my phone in and waited for a response. I subsequently chased multiple times for an update on the status of my phone and was told “there is no update at the moment”.

Eventually I received an email quoting me £145 for repair, and £25 for the return of my phone, suffice to say I was shocked.

I called in to Mark(ID/Ext 111347) at the HTC Warranty centre to express my disappointment and request an explanation. I was subsequently informed that I had no options as a customer and I either pay to have the phone returned or pay for it to be fixed. I asked for a detailed explanation and was told that the phone had been tampered with and displayed illegal software and that I should take it up with the retailer. I could not believe that I was being accused of tampering with the phone, I have not, nor do I ever plan to install roms or any other illegal software onto my device, and the device is factory standard.

I asked to speak with a manager, Mark informed me that he’ll try but that nothing would change.

Despite several attempts I was not able to speak to a supervisor/manager on duty. Mark then informed me that if I left the phone with HTC for 30 days that the phone would be returned to me free of charge.

Quite frankly, this was infuriating to hear.

On the one hand I’m being advised to take up the issue with my device directly with the retailer, on the other hand my phone is quite literally being held hostage for 30 days before being released for free. This gives me, the customer, no opportunity to take this up with the retailer as advised by HTC, and it also leaves me no option but to pay for a service for which there is no right to be charged. This screams of an intentionally structured mechanism by which HTC can generate further income from loyal customers, and is an outrageous and unethical business practice.

I expressed my distress and disgust directly with Mark, and requested his surname, and the name of his manager as well as employee ID. Matt refused to release surnames, however provided the name “Warren” as his supervisor who was off duty. Mark stated that all managers on duty were in a meeting and would not take the call. Mark also advised me that the only option I have as a customer is to pay for the phone to be returned and raise a complaint. I have now reluctantly paid for my phone to be returned, and this is the official complaint.

When I first purchased my One S I was both excited and passionate about owning a HTC device for the first time, and was keen to share this with friends, social networks, online communities and press outlets encouraging people to purchase HTC devices due to the excellent hardware, quality, value, and service I thought you presented to the market.

Given my experience, I have sharply changed my opinion of your organisation. Never have I felt less valued by any corporation of which I am a customer.

I expect my complaints to be taken seriously and for a resolution to be achieved, as it stands I will escalate this as far as required to achieve customer satisfaction.

Very well written! Hopefully they will get something sorted out now.

Yup, I would just send the email to all the higher up guys, won't do any harm, might not get a response from a few of them, but there is no harm in trying :)

Back
Top Bottom