*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Very well written! Hopefully they will get something sorted out now.

Yup, I would just send the email to all the higher up guys, won't do any harm, might not get a response from a few of them, but there is no harm in trying :)

Sent it - I am so ticked off by this. I will not be buying another HTC device unless this gets resolved.

Appreciate all the info/help on this Nexus.

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding HTC One S.

My name is James and I am a Technical Support Agent for the
HTC Written Team.

I would firstly like to say how sorry I am for the service which you have
received from us, and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my
attention.

HTC prides itself on the quality of our products and the service which we
provide; it is a disappointment to hear that in this instance we have failed
you.

I can see the repair centre have issued you with a quotation but you have declined this so the device will be sent back to you unrepaired. Unfortunately we cannot wave the quotation as the issue was not covered by the manufactures warranty. I hope you can understand.

To let me know I have successfully answered your query, please follow the
link below to close your enquiry, you will have the opportunity to leave
feedback about your experience contacting me today.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

James

HTC

Complete and utter horse xxxx!

Get back to the guy and tell them you will be letting the likes of watchdog etc. know about how awful the service is and will also send this to all the tech/mobile sites such as GSMarena, as they publish stories like this on their front page.

There's no way to actually respond, I've tried the link in the email and its a no go. I called again...same crap as before.

I'm pinging off a message to watchdog and GSM arena, and I've been tweeting my furore direct to htc all day. I will take it up with the retailer, but the likeliness here is that this is going to be an expensive lesson on trusting HTC or any manufacturer without an established record of good customer care.

I appalled. :mad:

Yup, just keep sending what you wrote above off to every site possible and make sure that HTC are well aware that you are doing this and will continue to do so until this problem is solved to satisfactory requirement.

After reading your experience and others and with the poor support for the one S with regards to delayed updates, lack of priority even for their flagship the X, I won't be buying another HTC phone either.

Ask to speak to an escalations manager. They aren't allowed to hang up on you so just insist.

Eventually one will become free.

As I posted previously, I found their repair centre to be nothing short of awful. Thanks for one thing, you've reminded me not to buy another htc as it appears nothing has changed for the better there!

Whilst I think about it -

I originally had the amoled desire. After one repair the phone came back and the screen cracked (lord knows how) and bled out liquid crystal everywhere.

They wanted to bill me for a new screen, I eventually won this after arguing that they had sent me an inferior device as a replacement without the screen I'd paid for.

Whilst I think about it -

I originally had the amoled desire. After one repair the phone came back and the screen cracked (lord knows how) and bled out liquid crystal everywhere.

They wanted to bill me for a new screen, I eventually won this after arguing that they had sent me an inferior device as a replacement without the screen I'd paid for.

Shocking! Who did you eventually speak too to get this resolved?

Ask to speak to an escalations manager. They aren't allowed to hang up on you so just insist.

Eventually one will become free.

As I posted previously, I found their repair centre to be nothing short of awful. Thanks for one thing, you've reminded me not to buy another htc as it appears nothing has changed for the better there!

I tried this morning, and he just would not put me through to anyone. I'll try again tomorrow from my work phone and just sit on the call.

Yup, just keep sending what you wrote above off to every site possible and make sure that HTC are well aware that you are doing this and will continue to do so until this problem is solved to satisfactory requirement.

After reading your experience and others and with the poor support for the one S with regards to delayed updates, lack of priority even for their flagship the X, I won't be buying another HTC phone either.

I'm afraid they've lost me as a customer for life. I'm not trying to pull a fast one, nor am I asking for anything unreasonable. I actively promote the devices I use and have become quite good at convincing people not to buy Apple and go Samsung/ HTC/ etc. but no more, should've listened to all the naysayers.

Thank you all for your support/info on this, much appreciated and doing wonders for stopping me losing my top!

Hmm, now my battery life seems to be rather poor for no reason! :mad: Was poor the last charge or 2, but thought it might just be "the odd one of" type of thing (happened before a while ago and was fine again next day). Have lost around 1 hour on screen time.

After my next full charge up and once it hits 15% I'll post some screenshots etc.

Will give that a shot sarge!

If not then a factory reset it is! Although will wait for the update first then do the reset after.

Have had a look at the better battery stats etc. but can't see anything that would be causing the drain and my usage in the last few weeks has been lower lately.

Opps, I just meant a normal restart Nexus. :o Anyone remember when Android needed restarting every few days before it got bogged down? :D My HOS has only been switched off three times. :p

Rayster, sorry to hear of your issues. Great complaint letter, but terrible replies.

Have a search of the CEO email address or for other senior managers or an MD of the UK operation. Get the complaint off to them as this can sometimes help getting a resolution. It might be a pain but keep it up, that's ridiculous service from them.

I had considered a One S as an upgrade to my Desire, but now I think I'll just keep that, Rom it up and tweak it, enjoying the cheap £5pm 30day contract vs a silly iphone or new contract cost.

Just ordered one of these as a "stop gap" til early mid next year. :p haven't had android for ages. Don't start posting woeful tales of bad battery life etc now :D lol

Opps, I just meant a normal restart Nexus. :o Anyone remember when Android needed restarting every few days before it got bogged down? :D My HOS has only been switched off three times. :p

Have tried that as well :(

Indeed! It is actually unbelievable how stable the one S (stock) is, I think I have only powered of/restarted mine like 10 times and it wasn't due to any problems like memory leaks/slow downs etc. A couple of times was due to "tpd" process consuming a large portion of battery life up. With my spica, I had to do a restart pretty much every day and a fresh install/wipe every 3 weeks or so, due to memory leaks/slow downs :o :p

Welcome to the club :D

This club sucks! :(

:p

If it is the battery that is going, I'll just buy the tools and replace it myself, no way am I going to put up with the repair centre! Might even "sarge" my phone whilst I am at it :p :D

Back
Top Bottom