*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Ravster matey -

I will ring them tomorrow and find out my account history. I believe the guy was called Alex but I will ring them and report back.

Eitherway, some of their agents are really helpful, others are absolute ........

I will ring later :)

Ravster matey -

I will ring them tomorrow and find out my account history. I believe the guy was called Alex but I will ring them and report back.

Eitherway, some of their agents are really helpful, others are absolute ........

I will ring later :)

Thank you mate :)

I've tried again this morning, and they still wont put me through to anyone, nor are they willing to provide any evidence for their findings. Absolutely disgusted.

I've tried hunting around for email address of higher ups, no dice so far. I had another "sorry about your experience" email this morning following my response. This is shocking business practice, shocking.

Kristina,

Since I have been charged for this service and subsequently to have my phone returned I would expect a much faster turnaround on this information and evidence being provided. The fact that my phone was held ransom is appalling business practice, and the fact that the management team at the repair centre flat out refused to take my call is disgusting.

I have submitted this case to watchdog, gsm arena and the consumerist, and will continue to share my experience through any and all outlets until this is resolved. I requested a call from the HTC management team, and have as yet received no such call. I will be left out in the cold with a faulty device with no support from HTC to take this up with my original retailer.

Their response...

"Thank you for your email.

I have raised and copied your complaint letter and passed it on higher up.
You will receive a phone call within 48 hours from a member of our care team to discuss this further.
I apologise for the level of service you have received and hope we can resolve this issue."

I've tried hunting around for email address of higher ups, no dice so far.

:confused:

I posted the email addresses of the higher up guys and you even replied to that :p

Will do. Thanks for the link as well, absolutely incredible that those are available publicly!

I will raise it up the chain, for the fact they are charging for a manufacturing defect and now they are holding my phone hostage.

Kristina,

Since I have been charged for this service and subsequently to have my phone returned I would expect a much faster turnaround on this information and evidence being provided. The fact that my phone was held ransom is appalling business practice, and the fact that the management team at the repair centre flat out refused to take my call is disgusting.

I have submitted this case to watchdog, gsm arena and the consumerist, and will continue to share my experience through any and all outlets until this is resolved. I requested a call from the HTC management team, and have as yet received no such call. I will be left out in the cold with a faulty device with no support from HTC to take this up with my original retailer.

Their response...

"Thank you for your email.

I have raised and copied your complaint letter and passed it on higher up.
You will receive a phone call within 48 hours from a member of our care team to discuss this further.
I apologise for the level of service you have received and hope we can resolve this issue."

Be interesting to hear their response to that now especially when they see the part about watchdog etc.

Wow! Pretty ****ed if this true, complete and utter joke! :mad:

This has just confirmed it for me now, never buying another HTC device again, they're are just getting worse and worse now, you would think that they would be doing the opposite since Samsung are raping them for android sales.....

Spoke with a friend of mine who is a 3 store manager. He has it on very reliable information that from now onwards that HTC will be updating carrier branding updates before sim free.

I'm taking him as gospel as he has very rarely been wrong before (was a couple of days out on update and phone release dates) but nothing that has been blatantly fabricated.

Definitely going to try and move to one of the new nexus devices when released.

EDIT:

contacting live chat support to see what is going on.

EDIT:

This would actually explain why it has taken so long for UK to get the 4.0.4 update.......

Last edited:
Just of support system.

As usual get no useful information, just the same "sorry we don't have that information"

So in other words if the above is true then will have to wait for the carriers to release the update and then sim free devices will get the update? lololololo

Way to go HTC, you sure are making the best decisions in order to increase your profit again.....

Soo Nexus - it's Thursday. Where's this update? :D

First and last HTC? :p

Most definitely will be! google devices made by HTC are still allowed though :p

Going to have a look at rooting and custom ROM's later, really didn't want to go down this road as soon as this but looks like I don't have much choice if I want to get that 3 menu button on the bottom removed! :p

The nexus device(s) can't come soon enough!

exdailer
estrongs file explorer
airdroid
app brain
granny smith
imdb

Amongst other games and apps.

Quite a few more apps did have it but with recent updates have removed it, thankfully.

EDIT:

Plus it will be just to get the updates much quicker as well.

Last edited:
just found this on XDA...

Spoke with a friend of mine who is a 3 store manager. He has it on very reliable information that from now onwards that HTC will be updating carrier branding updates before sim free.

I'm taking him as gospel as he has very rarely been wrong before (was a couple of days out on update and phone release dates) but nothing that has been blatantly fabricated.

if this is true, HTC can go **** themselves with a really wide, long, spiky cactus

Yup, looks like the above is true:

Update available today on my Orange UK One S.

So vodafone, 3 and orange as well as T-mobile I think are receiving the update but sim free handsets aren't. Way to go HTC way to go......

Yup, looks like the above is true:

So vodafone, 3 and orange as well as T-mobile I think are receiving the update but sim free handsets aren't. Way to go HTC way to go......

When you get the update I doubt you'll notice a lot different. Pretty poor show if sim free are to be treated second class? With signal issues on both the One phones I've had I will look elsewhere next time I buy a phone. One X isn't bad but signal is off and on. One S is plain bad for me and there has been very little forthcoming form HTC and their support. Been a bit of a disappointment here. I had an original Desire back in the day and it was a good phone and not a minutes bother - until I dropped it and broke the screen. £90 later HTC had it fixed though it stopped working down one side. They swapped screen or digitizer again and it was fine from then on.

If the new Motorola's Razrs are any good I may give one consideration and sell the One X. I'm on the verge of selling the One S having given up hope with that :mad: Motorola or see what the Nexus phones are like when it (they?) come out.

Yeah I am going to consider one of the new nexus devices or possibly the RAZR HD (depending on software updates etc. but am not really keen on the looks/design, would have to see one in person first), maybe even the SE xperia T.

Although won't be till prices are around £400. Could maybe get around £250 for my S since it is the S4 version and doesn't have chipping issues apart from the USB port.

As long as one of the nexus devices have:

- a camera as good as the S/X/GS 3
- 4.3" (preferably a bit bigger) 720P SAMOLED screen (could live with IPS though)
- S4 chipset
- nice design/looks (be nice if we get an aluminium uni-body, unlikely though)
- battery as good as the S or better!
- audio as good as the S/GS 3

Bonus:

- removable battery (pretty much guaranteed the nexus devices will have this apart from HTC's handset possibly)
- 32GB internal storage
- NFC (pretty much guaranteed the nexus devices will have this as well)

Then I will be getting one.

As I said before, superb device the one S but let down by awful support.

For me customer support is very important and I refuse to buy products/support a company if they provide poor support for issues and updates etc. even if the device is the best etc. That is why I stick with logitech and will be changing all my remaining peripherals to their products. They have outstanding support! :D)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom