*** The official HTC One S thread ***

I don't think that will work as iirc the updates roll out to certain phones depending on the CID number of the phone, which depends on where the device was bought from. So if you imported the one S from Europe but were using an o2, orange etc. SIM, you would get the update anyway and if you imported the one S from the UK to Europe and put their version of networks SIM card in, you would then be waiting for the UK to properly get the update, if that makes any sense at all :p

Could be wrong though.

Besides, by the looks of it now, the device has to be network locked/branded in order to receive the updates anyway. Has nothing to do with the SIMs.

Seen a few mention about just flashing the RUUU file or whatever? (have to wipe though) Is that just like downloading the latest firmware from samfirmware for the GS 3 etc. and then flashing it with odin, obviously the procedure and tools will be different for the HTC devices though. Can I still receive updates OTA if I flash the RUUU?

Last edited:
yeah that makes perfect sense dude, cheers :)

my cid is HTC_001, so i guess i'm **** out of luck (i've seen others mention on xda having the same cid and they've not been updated and don't appear to be phones from europe)

there's a way you can change it, but i think you need root... but then, if you're going to root, you may as well just get one of the up to date roms :p

Yeah, can't remember the exact process but definitely requires root :( And as you said, might as well just flash a much better ROM then i.e. viper! :D

I really can't be bothered to root... Losing warranty puts me off and I really don't see what the gains would be apart from maybe a slight smoothness boost..

Oh btw, I put apex back on and it's working perfectly - really smooth too

I really can't be bothered to root... Losing warranty puts me off and I really don't see what the gains would be apart from maybe a slight smoothness boost..

Oh btw, I put apex back on and it's working perfectly - really smooth too

Likewise.

There are a few tweaks that I would like such as the camera mod (better quality), 60Hz refresh rate for MHL adapter, being able to change the colour scheme and notification bar as well as battery improvement possibly.

Don't mind the initial rooting process etc. it is more the having to faff about every week or so with new ROMs/tweaks and then having little niggles that puts me off, as much as I loved it with my spica, I spent far too much time on it :o :p

Nice :cool:

Which version?

I went back to the stable/final version a few weeks ago and it has been rock solid, although might give the newest beta version a try later to see if it is any better at all.

Ok, here are some battery pics, bare in mind that this isn't a complete charge now, might show that it was from 100%, however, when I took the mobile of the charge there was no green NLED. These are just some screens to see if you guys can spot any problems with tasks taking too much battery life up (if the mobile had charged fully, I would have got about another 30-50 minutes on screen time, which is still much lower than what I use to get)

Usage is less than my average usage, screen brightness was set to 0% (screen was on for about 2 hours and 30 minutes) for a fair amount of the "screen on time" and was also set to 30% and 50% for the rest of the time, a fair amount of browsing (about 30 mins of activity), playing back a few 1080/720P youtube videos via BS player (nothing stupidly long though, only like 5 minutes in total), wifi on the majority of time (and when not on, G connection or a H/3G connection), checking for updates about 10 times each day :p :o, transferring about 100-200MB over LAN via estrongs, photos and videos taken, few texts and calls. Usual syncing of snowstorm every 2 hours or 3:

6Sfzb.png Y3iAY.png nujZw.png IRp9w.png uYwb0.png fEPj4.png
See anything that looks a bit wrong? Is the power manager service suppose to use that much up?

Power manager uses quite a lot for me sometimes. It's still suspend_backoff that ****s me up big time though.

Current charge i've used 33% in 5h 30m, 23min screen time with 3h 43m suspend_backoff and 9m powermanagerservice. But then i have had power manager be in the hours before after a full ~1d+ use.

Really can't be arsed doing a factory reset but not sure what else to try. How do i even do it?

Power manager uses quite a lot for me sometimes. It's still suspend_backoff that ****s me up big time though.

Current charge i've used 33% in 5h 30m, 23min screen time with 3h 43m suspend_backoff and 9m powermanagerservice. But then i have had power manager be in the hours before after a full ~1d+ use.

Really can't be arsed doing a factory reset but not sure what else to try. How do i even do it?

I could not put up with that battery drain. What about your dad's GS 3, is the suspend_backoff consumption as high, battery draining rather quickly as well?

At least you sort of know what is causing your drain though! :p

Factory rest:

settings>storage>last setting

Dunno he's in canada :p Will check when he gets back next week.

I doubt it will be though because a) doesnt the s3 have better wifi signal? and b) even if its the same hes always way nearer the router than me.

Does that wipe all apps etc as well then?

Not sure, although I think Samsung phones generally do have better wifi signal, but if there is a problem with your router then the GS 3 should have a similar problem as well, maybe just not as bad though.

What about your mum's one S?

Yup, wipes all apps, iirc your photos etc. remain though.

Just got the Jellybean and Sense 4.1 update on TMob tonight!

Seems fine so far...one thing I've immediately noticed is the wifi connection is a LOT more stable. Before the update the wifi would drop and reconnect every time I bought the phone out of standby, but it doesn't do that any more. I was beginning to think it was my new router!

Just got the Jellybean and Sense 4.1 update on TMob tonight!

Seems fine so far...one thing I've immediately noticed is the wifi connection is a LOT more stable. Before the update the wifi would drop and reconnect every time I bought the phone out of standby, but it doesn't do that any more. I was beginning to think it was my new router!

It is isn't jellybean! It is just android 4.0.4 and sense V4.1 :p

Nice to hear an improvement for your wifi. Personally I have never had that problem.

This has pretty much confirmed it then, network locked/branded phones are getting the updates before sim free devices.........

DEFINITELY MY LAST HTC DEVICE! Might drop them another email expressing how this is such a stupid decision to make. We would have had this update weeks ago if it weren't for this new **** policy........

What benefit does this bring? All it does is harm the sim free device owners by making us wait for this long, it doesn't affect branded phone owners at all.......

i just discovered you can make app tabs in the app drawer. still don't know how to add them either :p

Open the app drawer and click on the top left "apps" :p

Back
Top Bottom