*** The official HTC One S thread ***

You hit the nail on the head Mate, the S3 was the better option in that respect, I have very little time to manage all my media for my long commutes and I rather transfer all my TV/Film and keep my music all in one hit.

The S3 screen was also a factor in choosing it over the One S, because the bigger screen makes for better viewing.

My first day without the One S and I have regrets selling it on, but needs must :(

Sell the GS 3 with your SD card etc. and buy the one S again for about £300 of ebay or somewhere else and a Nexus 7 8GB with a 32/64GB USB pen drive or something, which you can put all your stuff onto and just connect it to the N7 when required................. problems solved and you have the best combination then! :D :p

I've not left mine on for more than a minute so far :p Pretty sure it will be on full time while i'm in the lakes though.

I don't know what to do :o

- keep that case on 24/7
- take the risk and see how I get on
- just put the case on when going away somewhere i.e. out for the night or something

Too much faff required to be putting a case on when going out everywhere and taking it off when you arrive back home etc.

On the case issue I got fed up with the bulk of the OtterBox Commuter case and got one of those 'S Line Gel Cases' off of the Rainforest site or even the auction site for about £3 with p&p. I've been pleasantly surprised. Fits nicely, doesn't bulk the phone and both power and volume buttons work OK despite being covered. Has the required cut outs of course. Thing I do like is the checkering on the edges which gives some very handy extra grip.
Could you post pics please? I'm struggling to find any reviews/decent images. Also the checkering.. it's not er.. ribbed is it? :eek:

haha :D Very cool video! :cool:

Love the part where she shakes the toy around in her mouth and the way her ear flaps go down a bit just before she barks :D

It really is a great feature. Had a look on the market to see if there were any slow motion video recording apps and couldn't find many apart from like 2, however, they were just slow motion video players and they had **** reviews (surprised that there aren't any good ones available tbh, I imagine it will only be a matter of time though.........)

Also took my diztronic case off today and my god I really miss the "naked" feel/look of the S! :( Just love the design/feel/look although I hate the way the camera lens sticks out by a bit (a case fixes this problem).

Just to make you happy (IE another epic balls up by myself), I've found out that carphone warehouse' iphone 4s sim free is not truely unlocked. God damn it!! What do you reckon my chances are of getting them to take this damn phone back!

1. Take case off.

2. Leave case off.

3. Enjoy silky smooth metal.

4. Profit.

Guess I better just get the permanent black marker ready for the chips/dents then! :D :D :D

:p

Will keep it of for now, but if any chips do start to show or I drop my mobile or nearly drop it, the case is going back on straight away!

Don't get me wrong that diztronic case is superb, it is just that the S feels and looks so good that no case can match the same quality/feel/look as the ceramic back etc. (even with the rock and nillkin cases etc. I would think the same thing :()

Last edited:
Just to make you happy (IE another epic balls up by myself), I've found out that carphone warehouse' iphone 4s sim free is not truely unlocked. God damn it!! What do you reckon my chances are of getting them to take this damn phone back!

This is a sign mike! A sign to get rid of the iphone for good!!!! :p :D

No idea :p

If you were told that it would be unlocked/sim free then they should take it back and you should be refunded especially if it is being advertised as unlocked/sim free when it isn't?

Can you not return the phone before 7 days are up or something like that anyway? Just make up an excuse saying you don't get any signal at home or something :p

Don't know about the iphone exactly now, but if they don't take it back you could just unlock for a small sum and if all the above fails then your only other option is ebay.

Last edited:
I don't know what to do :o

- keep that case on 24/7
- take the risk and see how I get on
- just put the case on when going away somewhere i.e. out for the night or something

Too much faff required to be putting a case on when going out everywhere and taking it off when you arrive back home etc.

Well mine hasn't got any worse at all so far since the first few marks on day3 or whatever it was, and i've been out with it a few times in my jeans etc. I swear, phone in pocket bottom end first = profit. It must just be the inside of jeans being slightly abrasive scraping the top edge down them is bad. All i know is i wont be using the case except for the odd occasion :p

Will keep my phone bottom end down as well then when using my jean's pockets, although find it more awkward that way for some reason :p :o

Generally my phone only ever goes in my coat pockets or/and very loose trouser pockets.

This is a sign mike! A sign to get rid of the iphone for good!!!! :p :D

No idea :p

If you were told that it would be unlocked/sim free then they should take it back and you should be refunded especially if it is being advertised as unlocked/sim free when it isn't?

Can you not return the phone before 7 days are up or something like that anyway? Just make up an excuse saying you don't get any signal at home or something :p

Don't know about the iphone exactly now, but if they don't take it back you could just unlock for a small sum and if all the above fails then your only other option is ebay.

If they agree which they bloody well should I'll be coming home with a One S and pocketing the change - I best like it after the amount of brain washing I've read from you ;)

Nice, let's hope they do then :)

hehe, I hope you love it! :D :p

As long as you don't experience the signal issues and chipping problems :p you should love it, especially sense V4! :cool:

Nice, let's hope they do then :)

hehe, I hope you love it! :D :p

As long as you don't experience the signal issues and chipping problems :p you should love it, especially sense V4! :cool:

You're pushing me to go back to a Galaxy S3 you know that ;) Damn thing is just too big though I can't even bend down without feeling like it'll snap in my pocket!

Will keep my phone bottom end down as well then when using my jean's pockets, although find it more awkward that way for some reason :p :o

Generally my phone only ever goes in my coat pockets or/and very loose trouser pockets.

It's slightly more awkward having to spin it round each time but if it avoids more chips i'm all for it :D

You're pushing me to go back to a Galaxy S3 you know that ;) Damn thing is just too big though I can't even bend down without feeling like it'll snap in my pocket!

I should just let you know all the bad stuff now so when/if you get one, you won't be disappointed too much and if you don't experience those issues you will be relieved! :p

And just to reassure you ;) :p

- good bit cheaper than both the GS 3 and X, however, it is a flagship device as well
- great audio
- lovely build/design/size
- sense is a nice skin and has some great features/tweaks, runs faster/smoother than on the X
- awesome CPU, not just for performance but also for power efficiency and heat
- amazing battery life
- IMO a great screen, just not as sharp or large as the GS 3 and X
- good wifi speeds and wifi signal strength
- superb camera for quality and combined with a lovely UI and a vast selection of features/effects, it makes photography enjoyable

Could you post pics please? I'm struggling to find any reviews/decent images. Also the checkering.. it's not er.. ribbed is it? :eek:

Not the best photo as had to use flash. Shows the checkering on the sides though. Does afford some extra grip. Can't grumble at that price? If you want better pics I'll try in daylight tomorrow.

RvVdb.jpg.png

I should add that the case is easy to slip on and off, no hassle at all. Other cases are of course available...

Ribbed .... you still on about phone cases :eek::eek:

:D

Last edited:
YESSSSSSSS!

Can anyone confirm if there is now an option to change the multi-tasking window button to the menu via a tap or hold in the developer options please? (In order to get rid of the 3 dot menu button on the bottom of the screen for some apps)

yes, it's possible under settings -> display

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdauqh3epw&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s

what is more surprising is that the X hasn't got any update supplying 4.0.4 or that menu button fix yet and no word about it either :eek:

BTW the update is about 120MB.

Last edited:
I most certainly am! :D Sitting here checking for updates every 10 minutes :p :o

It also has a new radio baseband version.

Some people in Europe have got the update, however, only a few, the update could be applied now though as I am on 1.78.401 or whatever is required, I just need to use ADB and do that superCID thing (bootloader unlock)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26516911#post26516911

Going to wait for it though, it shouldn't be too long..........I hope! :p

Not 100% sure either if those people who got it had done that superCID (bootloader unlock), in their posts it came across like they didn't..........

EDIT:

Just reading through the original thread and the guys who did get the update have an unlocked bootloader, bah!

Wonder how long till phones, which have a locked bootloader get it?

Last edited:
:eek:

Please tell me that isn't dust around the metallic ring and scratches!?!?!? :eek:

If you want :D

It's dust and the lens still has the Martin Fields protector on and suppose it's the edges of it that you can see. Apart from the one chip on the top edge (thanks HTC repair dept.) it's in mint condition. Dust shown up more by the flash.

One the subject of screen protectors I've used some made by Kolas and available on ebay and amazon and are maybe £2.50 for a pack of 10. I'm finding them better than the HTC ones and the way overpriced Martin Fields ones. You can't go wrong at the price? I had a Zagg screen guard fitted to the One X bought at the same time from CPW. They stuck down quite well but could not imagine anything worse for degrading the image quality of the phone screen, not to mention they are very tacky to the touch. My advice - avoid :mad: If you want cheap, clear, fit well and smooth to the touch check out the Kolas ones.

YESSSSSSSS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdauqh3epw&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s

what is more surprising is that the X hasn't got any update supplying 4.0.4 or that menu button fix yet and no word about it either :eek:

BTW the update is about 120MB.

Good news. New radio baseband could be interesting. May as well hang on to my One S and see how it goes. As my One S is on TrickDroid I presume it'll be integrated pretty quickly. Least for now you'll not be unlocking Nexus.

The One X update will be coming though is taking longer as they are having to code in the dancing gals option :D:D

Back
Top Bottom