***The Official HTC One Thread***

Just for comparison my GF just bought an iPhone 5 yesterday, comparing it to the One I have makes me even less sure about the tiny gap or two I have (and the slightly uneven edge on the edge of the glass). The iPhone has none of the problems... Why should the One have them?

Don't all phones/tablets have build issues until a month or two after launch? They rush them out so quickly these days.

I like the look of those building pictures from the One, more so than the One X. Which is good considering it's outdoors!

Skyfalls example pics look MILES better than most review units which is good news, cheers for posting them!
Hopefully HTC will fix that nasty processing asap, some colours and detail are unrecoverable when used with snapseed, photoshop etc. (eg: the green moss on the statue below)

One + processing.
8628782265_4c83c5e328_b.jpg

One X + processing.
8629749794_206169ba24_b.jpg

I hope the camera update comes out soon. I've deleted 95% of the photos taken because of the poor quality (usually blurry, out of focus on right side) both Indoors and Outdoor, day or night. However the quality of the Videos I made using the phone were pretty decent.

Considering getting one of these today! Looking online it appears there aren't any black versions readily available, any reason for that?
Am i likely to be turned down if i go to a store and want black?

Considering getting one of these today! Looking online it appears there aren't any black versions readily available, any reason for that?
Am i likely to be turned down if i go to a store and want black?

They are out there, it probably depends on the store.

turn around time for HTC when they know it's a common fault will be around 3-5 working days. Uncommon faults were they have to investigate is another story though...

Do you guys advise that I should get the HTC One now, or shall I wait a month for any faults to iron out?

Personally I am waiting for the S4 to come out by the end of this month by that time the stock for the ONE (black) should be back to normal.

Will also give me a chance to compare both devices and then decide to either stay with my N4 or move to HTC One/S4

if you can be bothered with sending it back etc then get it now if you want to have a higher chance of getting a faultless headset in the first place wait :)

+1 and there should be some software updates to address niggling issues such as the intermittent touch sensitivity of the buttons below the screen, camera update would be nice and get rid of the dreaded 3 dot menu.

HTC released some disastrous figures today, earnings 92% down, with the One and its manufacturing and component sourcing problems blamed, iirc profits for q1 of $3m on 1.4B t/o at the same time last year they made 150× profit on double the t/o so profit is roughly one 75th of what was expected, so I reckon wait to see how the market and Taiwanese govt react, after last years results if HTC doesn't see a massive upturn they could go bust, I'm not saying they will but it's very possible, I guess they're hoping for a war in Korea.:(

Last edited:
I'm bored with my IP4s and want a change, considering this as a new handset after spending some time reading reviews and youtube vids etc....

Not that worried about the camera issues as I only take pics here and there really, any ideas on the cheapest sim free deal?

Thanks

iPhone 4s trade in prices are pants on carphonewarehouse they have dropped a fair amount since the 5 came out which is to be expected I suppose

£250 - £300 max then I'd need to find another £200 for this handset, think I might wait a while

Further to my earlier comment no EE stores are carrying the black, and ringing them up to order there is no information on when more handsets will be back in stock.

Is there a fault with them or something?
Keen to get one but really would prefer the black.

Back
Top Bottom