***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
I take it you've not heard them then?

Let's say hypothetically that the speakers on the phone sound comparable to your xmini. Now lets imagine that not everyone has an xmini either. Would having high quality speakers for those people be not be a good thing?

I can tell you that the speakers on this phone are a paradigm shift in the right direction from any other phone I've ever heard. They do certainly push up against and possibly even exceed the quality seen from small peripheral external speakers. That is resoundingly a good thing.

And, for those like you who do have things like an xmini, don't tell me you actually like having to carry about/fiddle around with them? The fact that you've gone to the trouble of getting them and they sell in abundance means there is a strong usage case for good quality speakers on phone. Boomsound is a dumb name but the form and function are really great here.

no I haven't heard them and my point is I wouldn't hear them even if I had the phone because I genuinely couldn't care less whether they're any good or not. I'm confident they won't be as good as an xmini as they definitely can't turn out that sort of bass and I don't carry an xmini around because I have literally no usage case for listening to music outside of the house that headphones aren't the absolute best option for. It stays in the house in one particular place in my kitchen.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong and I'm not even trying to say HTC have made any awful design decision by doing this, all I'm trying to say is it makes sod all difference to me whether they're there or not is all!

Soldato
Caporegime
Take with a pinch of salt :p IIRC did sammobile and their supposed "inside source" not get everything wrong regarding the gs4 i.e. cpu chipset, losing the SAMOLED screen and going with LCD screen amongst other things in the past, even with the GS 3 and its supposed ceramic back........

Supposedly Samsung were going to go with a metal body/back with the gs 4 but decided not to, due to time and it would have caused delays/stock issues.

Would be great news if true, but I don't really have a problem with plastic being used, the main problem I have with Samsung and their devices is the texture/finish of the plastic (obviously metal would be better in that area but knowing Samsung they would have some gay texture/finish applied :p rather than a nice sleek texture/finish) as well as the design/looks overall so even if they did go with metal, they have to change those other things as well otherwise it is pointless as that is what the majority of people want to change, not the materials used.

I do definitely think that they will make quite a big change with their next galaxy devices due to the praise/attention that the one is getting regarding the build/perceived/design and with the disappointing comments on the GS 4 from users/reviewers by keeping more or less the same design and not changing to something better/new.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My reasons as to why I don't think it will happen.

IIRC did sammobile and their supposed "inside source" not get everything wrong regarding the gs4 i.e. cpu chipset, losing the SAMOLED screen and going with LCD screen amongst other things in the past, even with the GS 3 and its supposed ceramic back........

Plus going by the GS 2/GN and GS 3/GN 2, they each had the same design more or less, feel and finish etc. and Samsung like to keep a uniform feel throughout their current gen devices.

I think we will see a change with the GS 5 and note 4 though.

Caporegime
Taiwan probes allegations by HTC of Samsung wrongdoing

Taiwanese authorities said on Monday they had launched an investigation into allegations that South Korean tech giant Samsung hired students to post malicious comments about local rival HTC online.

He said the probe would look into allegations that Samsung engaged in false advertising and that if the allegations were upheld, Samsung and its local advertising agent could face a fine of up to Tw$25 million ($835,000).

Complaints emerged this month, with Internet users alleging that Samsung, through its local agent, had hired students to write online articles attacking HTC and recommending Samsung cellphones, the United Evening News said.

When asked about the allegations, an official at Samsung Taiwan said the company had not been informed of the investigation by the Fair Trade Commission.

But in a statement on its Facebook page, www.facebook.com/SamsungTaiwan, Samsung Taiwan said it regretted "any inconvenience and confusion from the Internet event".

"Samsung Taiwan has halted all Internet marketing such as posting articles on websites," it said.

edit:

wow that news is spreading fast! Wonder how long till the main players like android central, gsmarena etc. start to report it too........

This is what HTC needed, some free and good publicity, just like what happened with apple VS Samsung in the recent years and all those silly court cases, one of the main reasons why the galaxy range are so big/popular today imo.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Another question - when I drag down my notification bar on my HTC Sensation, I can tap the quick settings tab for easy access to enable/disable mobile network, wifi hotspot and Bluetooth.

Can the One do this?

Back
Top Bottom