***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
I bought my last 4 phones and contracts from Phones4u, different branches for all. I also bought a phone sim free. When I've had a problem with a handset like a faulty key or a rattle on one of them I've been in to the store and they've just swapped it without question. I've had good deals from them including cashback etc. CPW have been disinterested bunch whenever I've been into there stores, most of them are more interested in playing on the ipad/tablets than dealing with customers.

Soldato
Has anyone seen the red version?

Crikey all three are amazing: silver, black and red.

Edit: ignore what I just said. It turns out the red HTC One is a rumour, and renders are not to be taken seriously.

Soldato
I bought my last 4 phones and contracts from Phones4u, different branches for all. I also bought a phone sim free. When I've had a problem with a handset like a faulty key or a rattle on one of them I've been in to the store and they've just swapped it without question. I've had good deals from them including cashback etc. CPW have been disinterested bunch whenever I've been into there stores, most of them are more interested in playing on the ipad/tablets than dealing with customers.

I don't know about P4U stores but my dealings with them online have been excellent. The first HO and the last HO were both bought from P4U and I must say both times when I had to deal with them their customer service was excellent.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Hmmm, thats interesting. Perhaps I am wrong then?

You say your handset is black - how is it? Is the finish nice? I think it's probably better in black than silver. Whats it like for fingreprints and general grime, easily wiped off?

Soldato
None that I can see, no gap.. no smudges/glue or whatever anyone has seen. Screen is fine, backlight is good.

Phone itself is amazing, speakers are crisp.. loud :) very happy with my purchase..

Fair play to you that your HTC One is faultless. Just out of interest what's the serial number on your box? (work out which batch it's from and when it was manufactured)

Use this link to have a look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40146822&postcount=10

Example on this picture the code's FA33YW

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24158197 said:
Hmmm, thats interesting. Perhaps I am wrong then?

You say your handset is black - how is it? Is the finish nice? I think it's probably better in black than silver. Whats it like for fingreprints and general grime, easily wiped off?
I'm more happy to deal with P4U than CPW who I've had problems with in the past.

Mine lives in the case they did as I pre-order that I was given when I bought it, but general fingerprints etc come off with a quick wipe over with a lens or microfibre cloth. I looked at the silver but decided to wait for the black which I'm glad I did as its very very nice.

Just checked the build on it and its from batch FA33GV9, there is the slightest of rides at one corner of the screen to the speak and a hairline gap between the speaker and the edge of the case, but nothing that I could get a piece of paper in.

To be honest without that OCD that seems to be going on with this phone I'd have not even noticed them and I'm certainly not bothered in the slightest. the difference is so small I'm struggling to take a picture of them...

Soldato
Turned my HO off yesterday whilst I ran in the London Marathon :) £1,600 raised...

When I got back and turned it on half my desktop apps were missing and it had safe mode in the bottom left?

Restarted again safe mode went off but short cuts/folders were gone :(

Associate
I am keen to upgrade to this handset when my current one runs out. I am a long time iPhone user and have never once used an android handset but I am very tempted by this one, by all accounts it has superb build quality and the screen seems to be something else.

The one thing that is putting me off is the media functions that come with this phone. What is the actual media player like, is it comparable to the iPod app that comes with the iPhone. Along with the usual suspects messaging,twitter etc the iPod app gets a lot of usage from me. I would take it that the video player is a bit more relaxed in terms of codecs that it supports?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
I'm so tempted by this. It's the first Android phone that's come out since I got my 4s that has really piqued my interest. I really want to wait for the new iPhone to come out to see what they bring but realistically I know it will be an iPhone 5 with a faster processor.

I'm currently on 3 (rolling sim) and would probably stick with 3. TCB are giving £85 for new contracts which is great, however I would like to keep my number.
If I got a pay as you go sim on another network and transferred to that then back to 3 would that work? Would I be waiting 2 months for this to happen (assuming both networks have a 30 day cancellation period)?

Soldato
I tweeted HTC but it took them a few days to reply in the meantime I got the handset exchanged at o2, however below is the reply from HTC

Hello Martin,

Apologies for the slight delay in getting in touch, your case was escalated to me this morning. Apologies for the frustration you have experienced so far.

I understand that you have a gap issue with your HTC One? There have been isolated reports of gap issues on the HTC One. Are you able to explain where the issue is?

You have a couple of options:

• Firstly, we are advising customers to return the device to their original retailer. The reason for this, is they are the ones who actually have stock of the device. Due to demand we are experiencing some stock shortages. If you cannot return the device to your original retailer, or have tried and they have refused please let me know and I can help you with that.

1. Secondly, we can accept the device back from you are rectify the issue, but that would mean that you are without your device, and we understand how frustrating that can be. A swap out at the retailer would mean you aren’t left without a device.

HTC are committed to ensuring you have the best possible experience with your HTC One and will help you to resolve this situation,

Any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to ask,

Kind regards,

Richard Willis
Digital Customer Communications Manager EMEA, Global Digital Customer Comms

Associate
I thought this phone has 2GB of ram inbuilt?

When I go into the Apps section in settings to see what's using the ram it says 480MB out of 1.5GB. Does that mean there is only 1.5GB inbuilt or is that the amount that is left to use?:D

Back
Top Bottom