***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
I ordered a black one on buymobiles on the 31st of March... still not been dispatched yet :( and the site is now saying 3-5 week delivery time. Only up side about the delay hopefully some of the defects will have been resolved in the new batches being shipped out.

Soldato
A very good HTC One review here, but note they also touch upon the build quality issues of the phone.

http://phandroid.com/2013/04/19/htc-one-review/

Third phone arrived today...still got the same build quality issues but with the added bonus of the screen not being flush at the bottom as well as the top and a smattering of glue at the bottom right edge of the screen with bits of plastic from the bezel attached to the screen.

April 10th build.

Dare I got for a record fourth HO? :eek:

Man of Honour
Depends on how much data allowance you are getting and at what cost monthly.

Personally i wouldnt even touch EE, their 4G contracts are stupidly stupidly expensive for the amount of data you get.

EE have rendered themselves pointless - surely nobody who wants 4G would be happy with the retarded data limits? Whats the point in ultrafast if you can't download for more than 10 minutes before youve hit your monthly allowance.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;24152694 said:
EE have rendered themselves pointless - surely nobody who wants 4G would be happy with the retarded data limits? Whats the point in ultrafast if you can't download for more than 10 minutes before youve hit your monthly allowance.

Well thats the point lol, £36 per mth over 24 mths for 500mb of data?? your having a ****ing laugh EE but i know some people who have plumped for it but in their defence they hardly use the internet on their phones...which makes me think...why get it in the first place??:confused:

Associate
I've joined the club, :) bought one today! Love it so far. Not overly keen on the sense dashboard but I have nothing else to place there at the moment.

Speakers on this are lush, was watching IMDB movie trailers with decent sound made it much easier to watch :)

Soldato
Has anyone found a decent screen protector? The one I have at the moment covers the home and back buttons and seems to interfere!

MediaDevil have excellent screen protectors, it also covers the home and back buttons but doesn't interfere with them.

It's one of the best screen protectors I've used and extremely clear.

Pricey but well worth it.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

A very good HTC One review here, but note they also touch upon the build quality issues of the phone.

http://phandroid.com/2013/04/19/htc-one-review/

Third phone arrived today...still got the same build quality issues but with the added bonus of the screen not being flush at the bottom as well as the top and a smattering of glue at the bottom right edge of the screen with bits of plastic from the bezel attached to the screen.

April 10th build.

Dare I got for a record fourth HO? :eek:

Can you put some pics up?

Soldato
Disable google now if you don't need it and also go to google now/search settings and disable "web history" if not required, huge battery drain I found

Untick anything that you don't need in the accounts and settings i.e. browsing history, google play books

Don't have a stupid refresh time for weather, email etc. apps

go to maps, settings, location settings, location reporting and select "do not update your location" and disable location history (apps etc. can and will still use GPS when required)

The one screen is stupidly bright so that will suck a lot of battery life when it is on auto and using more brightness than required, ideally control it manually with a widget like power toggle or qbright app

Make sure you enable "GSM only" instead of "WCDMA/GSM auto" or/and "WCDMA only" even when connected to wifi, only ever use WCDMA when you need a fast data connection.

go to wifi settings and make sure you disable "wifi max performance" mode, don't know what it is like on the one but on my S it raped battery life for barely any noticeable improvement in wifi tasks

Doing all the above (Except brightness control) on my S gives me amazing battery life.

Just seen this, cheers, nice list of tips. :)

Soldato
I agree, saw some reviewers getting almost 2 days. Sometimes i struggle to get 1!

Does seem slightly better than my iPhone and power saving mode works well, but don't really want it in that all the time!

Always hard to judge batteries, everyone uses theirs different. Of course new toy syndrome doesn't help at all.

Watched 90 mins of football today via a flash stream (this makes me happy) and it dusted 52% of 90% of the battery, does that seem extreme? Going to go over that list in a bit shared by nexus.

Soldato
Finally taken the plunge:

HTC One
600 minutes
Unlimited text
1Gb data
18 month Orange contract
£30.75 per month

Quite happy with that. It was direct through Orange. I called their retention department. Explained I've been a customer for a long time, and told them about some tariffs I saw online and they managed to beat/match it.

They don't have any HTC One's in stock at the moment. They said it'll take around 5 days for it to come in so I should have my phone by end of next week sometime, or early week after.

Back
Top Bottom