***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
Nexus18: "Wow, it turns out the HTC logo is actually a capacitive button"

That's CRAZY. Surely that's fake, why on earth would HTC do that?!

(That TV ad is a lot better than the UK one I just saw set on a tube carriage highlighting blinkfeed)

Associate
Is there any reason why not many people are ordering sim free from phones4u which seems to be the cheapest at £489?
Is it just the stigma of having to order from them or something else. I've just placed my order for this (my first android phone) and was curious.

On another note really looking forward to getting the phone. I had a HTC touch HD running windows 6.1/6.5 many moons ago (great hardware even then) and have gone through various upgrades of iphones and am currently running a Lumia 920 but I'm finding the windows eco system too limited.

Looking forward to seeing what android has instore!

Soldato
It's not a pre order as they have stock and they'll deliver as per the delivery option you chose.

"Want delivery today, 23 April? Order it in the next 0 hours and 53 minutes, and choose Evening Delivery at checkout."

See that's weird because there's no message like that on the page for me at any stage of the process. I bought one anyway. Didn't realise it was back in stock at CPW... argh... but at least this way I know it's not gonna be locked. Delivery estimate currently 25th March, which is odd because I've got Prime.

Caporegime
Nexus18: "Wow, it turns out the HTC logo is actually a capacitive button"

That's CRAZY. Surely that's fake, why on earth would HTC do that?!

(That TV ad is a lot better than the UK one I just saw set on a tube carriage highlighting blinkfeed)

Not fake :D :p

No idea, extremely stupid decision. If I had to guess, I would say something to do with the blackberry devices and the way their logo works, perhaps they will "activate" it with a software update???

Yup, HTC really are hammering away at the marketing area this time, I just hope they keep it up throughout the year as with the one series phones, the marketing just died slowly where as Samsung had a constant high level throughout the year.

They have a real winner of a device that is getting a lot of attention world wide now and from looking around internet forums etc. it seems like the majority of people prefer it to the GS 4, I haven't seen a poll etc. where the one has lost yet, check out android police poll on the right hand side:

http://www.androidpolice.com/

I am also seeing a lot of iphone 5 owners moving to the HTC one, just like what happened last year with the iphone 4s owners and the GS 3.......

Lets just hope HTC can sort the stock out though but with the latest news about nokia and the mic situation, I can see this delaying the handsets even further.......

@Robbo

I would be very surprised if it is since the guy who done it is a highly rated ROM/kernel developer, he has even uploaded the boot image for people to use

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, being able to use the HTC button as a substitute for the power button or the 3 dot "more options" button would be a MASSIVE improvement and put this one step closer to being a perfect phone.

Caporegime
You have to unlock your bootloader, root and flash the kernel/image in order to activate the HTC button so you will void your warranty :( However, iirc you can relock your bootloader........

Caporegime
Regarding the nokia/mic situation:

http://www.allaboutphones.nl/nieuws...p-tot-levering-tufnell-microfoon-aan-htc.html

The court has no recall issued for HTC One, according to the court is also not desirable in Dutch law and Finnish law is not possible. However, the court imposes a sales ban on at ST Microelectronics thus can not deliver to third parties outside Nokia in February 2014 to the microphone. This should HTC looking for a new supplier for its HTC One smartphone as it will get from ST Microelectronics. No microphones longer supplied Should ST Microelectronics or by going to the delivery, then paying a compensation of 50,000 euros per microphone supplied to third parties, with a maximum of 1 million. The court believes that HTC blameless in this case because the manufacturer did not know there was such a contract between Nokia and ST Microelectronics. This allows the HTC One therefore be in the Netherlands and recalled not be banned.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...cs-posts-171-million-loss-on-ericsson-venture

The chipmaker, which has the French and Italian governments as its biggest shareholders, separately said yesterday it will appeal a decision by a Dutch court ordering it to stop supplying HTC Corp. (2498) with microphones used in smartphones after Nokia complained the chipmaker broke an exclusivity agreement with the Finnish company.

Soldato
Wow, that was quick! Be interesting to see if HTC have rectified the faults on your phone. Do keep us posted!

Got it back today. Not impressed at all. I have a new IMEI number but I don't think it was a much of a replacement.

The screen still isn't flush at the top and the gap at the top is much bigger. :mad: Plus the bottom of the phone was dirty and quite weird how they didn't turn the phone off before sending it to me. :confused:

However the only positive thing is that there's no longer a dent on the bottom speaker grill and the plastic shavings are gone. The bezel feels a lot smoother now.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's so bizarre how they didn't bother to include the HTC button in the original release.

If you map the HTC button to do something will it void the warranty?

Early reports from HTC was that there was nothing behind the logo meaning it could never be turned into a button. Dont see the plus in HTC promoting that view when loads of people were moaning that there was only 2 buttons

Soldato
Incredible.

That's me fully sold on the phone, always hated that HTC logo being useless!

Think that is the same for me too, Contract up next month & today has been a really nice day but because of that I haven't been able to see the screen on my N4 it is pretty much awful in sunlight, My S2 was much better. Just don't know if I can handle HTC's skinning :p

Caporegime
1.28 VS 1.29 firmware for camera:

First one is automatic mode, second is set to ISO 100

pdlbTzi.jpg

CFQg0VR.jpg

Unfortunately no full screen/size versions.

Would love to have seen a comparison to the 1.26 firmware, which a lot of the very early review sites were using.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom