***The Official HTC One Thread***

From reading around, people have been mentioning:

- camera quality http://www.androidpit.de/htc-one-update-fotos
- improved capacitive button sensitivity
- higher score in sunspider 750 as opposed to 1100 iirc and generally feels a bit quicker

and HTC mention a bit more about the camera stuff:

improvement to sound capture with Zoe, noise reduction in slow motion movie capture, improved colour reproduction and dynamic range (reduced over-exposure in non-HDR images) in certain conditions, and a fix to display correct ISO in EXIF information when ISO settings are manually changed by the user, according to the folks at HTC.

EDIT:

Wow! You got another HTC handset smyth?!?! I thought you were never going to touch them again :D :p

How are you finding it overall compared to the one S? Especially the camera?

Last edited:
From reading around, people have been mentioning:

- camera quality http://www.androidpit.de/htc-one-update-fotos
- improved capacitive button sensitivity
- higher score in sunspider 750 as opposed to 1100 iirc and generally feels a bit quicker

and HTC mention a bit more about the camera stuff:

EDIT:

Wow! You got another HTC handset smyth?!?! I thought you were never going to touch them again :D :p

How are you finding it overall compared to the one S? Especially the camera?

Yeah, they sent me a free HTC One after that letter I sent them last month. The guy sorting me out with the phone said he had to wait till next month for new stock but had a demo unit he could send me. Looking at the exisitng photos on the phone it looks like it was used as some sort of HTC press event.

Not tried out the camera much but the build quality is superb matches the HTC One S on that respects. Very snappy and the display is pretty awesome (used it in the sun yesterday and it was fine!)

As I said in the other thread, excellent result in the end and what a great way to make up for the problems they caused you.

Some other guy had a similar problem and did what you did and in the end got a free one X.

Amazing service imo. You don't see Samsung offering the people who had bad customer service (a lot worse than your situation) with a new GS 4 or sony etc.

Is the speed difference noticeable between the S and one?

I found the S pretty snappy anyway. With the much higher res screen on the One I've had no problems and it's been really smooth so far.

*Edit* ran Sunspider 0.9.1
got 775.8ms +/- 0.8%

Last edited:
*Edit* ran Sunspider 0.9.1
got 775.8ms +/- 0.8%

So that is confirmed then!

Impressive and the thing is, this will improve even further when you guys get 4.2.2 (iirc it contained many performance improvements)

As I have said many times before though, not that benchmarks mean much :p

and on that note, how does browsing speed feel compared to the S smyth?

@stoosh

Indeed.

Another good thing about this free advertising is that people will see how amazing the one is when it comes to recording gigs (imagine how many people do this, tons of videos on youtube etc.) etc. Before this happened, the audio recording wasn't getting much, if any attention and now when people read about this nokia/htc thing and go of to research about it, they will hopefully see videos on it i.e.

And then rush out to buy one before the mic. gets replaced :p

edit:

BTW, if you read the GS 4 verge review, the same guy talks a bit about the HTC one, as someone on XDA said, he seems to appreciate it much more

EDIT:

And yet again, GSMarena bump the GS 4 review back up to the top, hmmm......

Really decent video there Nexus, it shows the difference what a quality mic makes. The amount of videos I've taken at concerts and the sound is just a distorted mess. The HO is the phone of choice because it will take excellent low light pictures and videos at gigs. I can't wait to use mine and test it out whenever I go. Unfortunately none of the bands I like are touring the UK and if they are, it's the festivals that they're playing at and I personally don't like that sort of thing. :(

I'll spend the evening reading S4 reviews but briefly scanning the forums I'm getting the idea that the HO is preferred over the S4. Maybe this might be a rude awakening to Samsung and the kick up the backside they need. They're becoming far too much like Apple in a lot of respects.

I really hope that HTC sell the HO by the bucket loads and this will be the phone to reverse fortunes. Just looking at it sitting on the table, it looks awesome. When I walked past it the screen was eye catching, details and colours were popping out as if a picture had been cut out and stuck on the screen.

Awesome :D

Some more comments by Vic:

https://plus.google.com/+VicGundotra/posts/D47KhuxMWBz

my view there is no comparison for music without headphones. HTC wins by a mile. Or kilometre. :-)

I've owned every iPhone ever produced... None sounded like this HTC.

@stoosh

Indeed, despite the GS 4 being an amazing phone, the majority seem to prefer the htc one overall, it is just a shame that it will be harder to convince the average joes :p

You see gsmarena's front page and what review has creeped back to the top.....again! :p

@Ryan 3

Are you network locked?

Generally the updates seem to be spread across a week or two with HTC handsets.

HTC provide updates based on the CID number of the device.

Is there anyway to unlock mine and get shot of the o2 rubbish?

Thanks

There was an O2 unlock form that would allow you to unlock it for free, but I can't seem to find it anymore... Funny... and I remember using it earlier in the year...

It will still be "O2"ed though. I suppose you could always unlock the bootloader if possible and flash a pure stock One ROM...

The recent update looks promising, haven't got my One yet but after hearing the button sensitivity news it got me a tad worried.

I'm not sure what colour to get out of Silver and Black.

The Silver has white plastic bits on the side, the black has black plastic which blends in nicer. I went for black.

I am so hoping it has no defects when it arrives as it should hopefully arrive in time for a trip away at the weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom